• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War Thunder |OT| Tanks, Planes And Automobiles

Wace

Any idea what kind of stuff you have to do in order to get into the closed beta for british upper tier ranks? Although I guess tier 2 will open up pretty soon for us average folks too..

I'm pretty sure that CBT won't be available for consoles, unfortunately. Tunis is just... wow. The seaside point, within the "city" is even more crazy than Cologne square. Guess I just get the "right" feel of the tank gameplay when I can rush through the wall and one shot some unexpecting Tiger.

The Second Battle of El Alamein map is even better than Tunis, too bad is seems to be rarer. The game seems to add British tanks pretty slowly, but I haven't had much time to play anyway, so it doesn't matter much.

Wace

forum_head_xmas_2015_eng.jpg

Have a good year, folks! And Merry Christmas to those of you who believe!

Awesome NY promo video

Wace

A bit of chat with BVV_d on Dec 31st:

• Rockets damage will be listed in infobox, 1.57 or even earlier hopefully
  • Soviets will get T-44-100 + new light tanks/spg to close 6.7-7.7 hole
  • IS-3's BR is considered for decreasing, battle stats will show. M36 & T25 are candidates as well.
  • Jagdpanther & Su-122P are most likely to lower to 6.3
  • M48 can appear in 1.57
  • Churchill Mk.I is planned
  • Highcaliber AA guns will come after 1.57 (well, maybe ONE halftrack with 88mm will be finished before that)
  • KV-122 will be in game, not sure if premium or normal
  • The following is planned for '16: smokescreens, extra armor, more ammo options, 2 more tank nations.

Also, from Whitie_W0lf
  • 1.57 should feature several PvE tank missions (single & coop)
  • 2 new maps are in the works, no promises on dates though
  • after new maps are introduced their chances of appearance are higher than the old ones. this is set to normal after a month, usually.
  • strong no on ability for player to prefer/ignore maps
  • "best" AB map right now is Carpathians, according to stats

The new Carpathians is kind of strange now though. The really simplified the routes leading to the north-east cap. But I think by best, they mean both sides have equal changes if winning...

Wace

I know you know it, but it's still worth to mention: pro games are on

If you watch while being logged in there's chance to grab some prizes as well. Just for watching. Russians are generous.

Wace

Ok, my only help here got banned for something non-WT related, so I continue my solemn watch of what's going on with the project all alone.

Anyway...

First of all, the first cybersport event ended up to be pretty successful: Russian team won, participants got their prizes, viewers got their boosters and vehicles. Congrats!

Second of all, new thermodynamics mechanic is working nice, with positive feedback from R/SB players.

And, finally, news started to arrive on 1.57 with no less than this birdie

920_a62e9f615eb1546f6c2fc1e1c1f71011.jpg

http://coub.com/view/al3cp

I know people wanted it, and while not a big fan of German planes myself, my congratulations to Luftwaffe afficionados.

I believe that's all for today. Wednesday should bring us news about new tanks, I think.

Wace

Well, as I've predicted, it's Wednesday and it's a new tank. Well, technically it's a mashup of the two existing models, but it was the same in the furnaces of Soviet factories, so we can't blame designers here.

t44_920_c7c0888d707a2d3615a901755663eeff.jpg

Wace

Usually I don't care for German birds, unless they're in crosshairs, but this one is diffrerent.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you the object of lots and lots of hatred from Soviet people, the terror of the early 40s, when Luftwaffe had total control of the skies... Рама (The Frame), Fw 189 A-1.

f2_940_46fa885443a73c0f09f53653295143df(1).jpg

My pledge is this: I'll hunt and bring down every last one of them from the skies, even if I'll need to ram them with burning leftovers of a bomber. This is personal.

Wace

I think the upcoming patch will be called "German planes vs. Soviet tanks"...

aces-dev_2015-10-02_13-51-22-214_9dcbad1fdeb1fc8bbd430f449d696117.jpg

KV-1S, and "S" means "Speedy"!

Wace

Ok, may be this post will get some response.

Black Widow will come with 1.57 (which is coming soon)
aces-dev%202015-10-02%2013-51-22-212_940_3a1aae30f1a3388f3e110c674b7a48b3.jpg

Come on you, imperialistic captalists and capitalistic imperialists!

Wace

New map location, that features capture point (for some modes) inside a tunnel.

I feel that previous sentence lacks some exclamation marks to make it perfect title for clickbait article.

map_shot_1914x1012_logo_03_940_eeae4c40bc3c0467820b3d3c4d35729c.jpg

More on Snowy Valley

Wace

Dev server has already been up several times, so the patch, most probably, is coming next week.

Another bird is announced as well

22_ff29d616f2219f8ff2160c58efe65708.jpg

Ta-152C

Wace

Soviet AA gun, low tier III, same cannon as the predecessor, but doubled.

Please, unban SpoonyBard, it's so lonely here...

01_1280x720_44dee0cb109882e19ea482e20610b93b.jpg

94-KM on ZiS-12 chassis

Wace

It's here, SpoonyBard, IT IS HERE! I know you're somewhere out where. It can't be that I'm all alone here, playing by myself. (shivers)

The War Thunder game servers will be closed for scheduled maintenance, dedicated to to Update 1.57 "Battle March" on the 15th of March from 07:30 GMT. We will inform you when maintenance is over.

Wace

We are not dead. Yet.

So, for those of you who's still here - me, myself and I - here's the self-proclaimed probably the best rendition of the sky that has ever been recreated in video games

we render the clouds up to a distance of 300 virtual kilometres - all the way to the horizon in case a player is flying at an altitude of 7,000 meters.

aces-dev%202015-10-02%2013-51-22-2127_b289487a78298de52c4d39f9c36805c2.jpg

https://youtu.be/06B-VOiFomo

Coming in one of the patches soon.

Wace

just getting into it on ps4... any tips you can offer? tons of menus!

It's hard to give general tips, can you be a bit more specific? Tanks? Planes? Controls? Research? Graphic options?

Community wiki - http://wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Main_Page - has a good section on game mechanics, I would really recommend starting here if you have basic questions.

The only advice isn't mentioned there (obviously) is don't spend any real money on the game for the first couple of months. Game uses one of the best F2P models there is, so you won't be bothered by lack of "premium" feauters.

Also, you can always check beginner's guides at forum - http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/forum/161-the-academy/ (PSN credentials work).

Wace

Finally, new game mode arrives

World War

World War mode is planned to be several large scale operations, where each battle is important and where it can influence the Operation as a whole. A lengthy and dogged defensive action comprised of a series of many battles against superior enemy forces can have a decisive impact on achieving victory in the future, bring in reserves or prepare a counter-attack.

More at http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/897/

I guess I'll need to try it before providing any meaningful feedback.

Wace

Some dev news

• German open-turret SPG - at least couple more at tiers IV-V, maybe more
  • server patch for HE shells damage coming soon
  • patch with additional data and fixes for bombs, rockets, and torpedoes is coming soon too
  • 1.61 will add early soviet SPAAGs
  • new premium british tanks in 1.59
  • first japanese tanks, most likely, will be available in other countries' setups, as premiums. japanese tanks branch is still planned for this year though

Happy Victory Day for those who celebrate it!

Wace

CEO replies:

New nations?

Yes, most likely France & Italy.

Bombers' cockpits?

We're still thinking about that, since it's not very fair from the view limits point of view (bombers had more than one person in the plane, and all of them could observe the skies); and it's also a lot of work (comparable to creating single-seater: both plane and its' cockpit). Currently we're thinking about puting them in SB only.

Infantry?

While it's still not decided, most likely there won't be one due to violence and age restrictions.

Smoke screens?

We have prototypes in the work and we plan to release them

Wace

1.59:

- ATGMs
- Cromwell RP-3 (Cromwell with unguided rockets), premium, Tier 2
- Westland Wyvern (the first turboprop in WT), premium, Tier 4 (most probably)

Top Bottom