• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

War Thunder |OT| Tanks, Planes And Automobiles

Wace

CBX_yLJW4AEphAJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/WarThunderEN/status/582652965372166144

Potential guesses are...

1. Bishop SPG (and British tanks coming).

2. Some monitor-type turret (and warships coming).

3. Shagohod with KV-2 152mm gun (and stupid Fools Day joke coming).

4. ???

CBX_yLJW4AEphAJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/WarThunderEN/status/582652965372166144

Potential guesses are...

1. Bishop SPG (and British tanks coming).

2. Some monitor-type turret (and warships coming).

3. Shagohod with KV-2 152mm gun (and stupid Fools Day joke coming).

4. ???

Only one of those would change the "war" in the game, so it must represent a naval gun (or a April fool joke, meh). Although British tanks would also be nice. I have all Tier IV (and below) tanks, and feel that Tier V tanks aren't as fun to play as earlier tiers, not to mention they take ages to upgrade. But naval warfare would probably make me buy some premium time again...

Wace

As usual, quick update on upcoming 1.49 (estimated to arrive before May 9th):

Gameplay changes/additions (by developer)

Lassar (lead aircraft developer, damage and weapon models)

Complete damage model revamp in regards of different types of aircraft ammo and endurance of bombers. There also will be update to aircraft engine mechanics (proper overheating, damage and leaks) as well.

Rockets for Po-2

New cockpits

V_S_N (lead flight model developer)

Spitfire series flight model improvement

BVV_d (lead tank developer)

Proper suspension model for all the vehicles

Maps

Hürtgen Forest, Reichstag, more promised

New vehicles

Preliminary list, more promised

Planes:

Ar234-C3-45af%2B.jpg

Ar 234C-3

gallery

Attacker FB.1

2004.jpg

FireFly F.Mk.I

fireflyvck_title.jpg

FireFly F.Mk.V

il2_typ3.jpg

IL-2 1943

10183015a.jpg

J2M2

Ki-21.jpg

Ki-21

Supermarine-Seafire-MkXVII-SX366-070707-(5).jpg

Seafire Mk.XVII

hawker-sea-fury-fb-11-fighter.jpg

Sea Fury FB.11

Douglas%20AD-1.jpg

Skyraider AD-2

New tanks:

gaz-aa.jpg

4М GAZ-ААА

e44afe970625e37299ff8512db39e4f9.jpg

75mm M3 GMC

M10_1943.jpg

М10 GMC

toad130002.jpg

M18 GMC

M2A2.png

M2A2

300px-Sturmhaubitze-42.jpg

StuH 42G

us-t48_1.jpg
OR
su-57b.jpg

SU-57

320px-SU-122-54.jpg

SU-122-54

205849260.jpg

Т-34-85E

t28_v.jpg

T95 GMC

Nice, I'm not really enjoying tier V tanks, due to the huge amount of research points everything costs, so getting a bunch of lower tier stuff is welcome.

grmlin

I tried WT back when it was released on PS4 and didn't like the the airplanes.

Two days ago I realized you can drive tanks now, and as it's free I gave it another chance. Wow, I like it a lot because it's so slow paced, perfect for me old man :)
Controls with the dual shock 4 are really bad, if not broken, though. I instantly connected mouse and keyboard, much better!

Any essential tips for a newbie? I started with US tanks and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities the game offers.

Another question I have: are there any tank focused campaigns?

Any essential tips for a newbie? I started with US tanks and I'm a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities the game offers.

Another question I have: are there any tank focused campaigns?

I've been playing tanks with dual shock. Okay, it's harder than keyboard and mouse, but doable (and you always have an excuse when you're not doing that well). US tanks seem to be a good starting point, the early tanks are fast and have good guns, and Shermans are great all around tanks in mid-tiers.

Essential tips: always angle your tank, and try to stay hidden as much as possible. Try to win, it gives you lot more silver lions and experience points. If possible, spawn as fighter to protect bombers, or attack enemy bombers in arcade. Don't crash your planes tho, you'll have to pay for repair. If you want to save money, disable auto repair, and repair only when needed.

Crew: vitality is important for all crew memers (they stay alive even when your tank takes hits, and recover faster). Increase keen eyesight for your tank commander, it helps you spot enemies. Increase all repairs, and of course reloading helps a lot. Range finding and targetting help you target longer distance in arcade, and leadership should increase every stat a little.

Battle rating: always be careful about the BR of your lineup. The highest BR in your lineup determines what kind of enemies you will meet. The max BR range you'll meet is 1 higher than your highest tank, so if you have one BR 4.7 tank in your lineup, it means that you can meet Tiger 1's (BR 5.7) in random matches, but nothing higher than that.

edit: oh yeah, braking is broken in dual shock controls, it's especially bad with the early American tanks because they are so fast. If you wiggle your stick to left and right when braking it should help, and you'll learn to do it automatically quite soon.

grmlin

Awesome! Thank you!

My controls with DS4 are a total mess. The settings say the left stick is for accelerating/breaks, but I look around with it. I could not find a way to change that.

I prefer mouse and keyboard anyway, so I will not investigate any further. ;)

Generally a good way to learn where to shoot the enemies, is to play all sides. I prefer German tanks usually, but playing all 3 countries gives you more free repairs, and you learn the weak points of all tanks you play. And it helps if you get frustrated with some enemies, like if you get tired of being one shotted by IS-2 or KV-2, you can try playing them and see that they also have their weaknesses.

edit:
I'd also want to give some extra tips about BR. There are some... sweet spots, which are more likely to get you weaker opponents. Like if you have only Tier IV or lower tanks in your lineup, and your highest BR is 6.7. You are more likely to see tanks with BR 5.7 than those with max BR of 7.7. But if you add a tier V tank to your lineup, this can change, and you will start meeting more tier V and >BR7.0 tanks. And a side effect to this is, that if your best tank has BR of 5.7, you are likely to meet a lot of 6.7 tanks, because there are so many people playing them. So the matchmaker seems to also take your tier into account, even if BR is the more important factor.

One conclusion to this is to avoid playing BR 5.7 and 6.0. And there must be other sweet spots (for some) in the game.

grmlin

I played it now for some time and like it. I'm a little sad that it's free2play (as I prefer to buy things once...) but because I enjoy the game: what would be a good idea to boost my progression?

- Any cool premium tanks I should by to speed up the grind?
- Premium-membership?

I'm on PS4 and there are some packages available in the store (beside the gold)

I played it now for some time and like it. I'm a little sad that it's free2play (as I prefer to buy things once...) but because I enjoy the game: what would be a good idea to boost my progression?

- Any cool premium tanks I should by to speed up the grind?
- Premium-membership?

I'm on PS4 and there are some packages available in the store (beside the gold)

Some people seem to buy talismans for their favourite tanks, that way you get premium bonuses playing that tank. I haven't done it myself though.

I have bought some bundles from the PS store, they seem to offer some decent value. The T34 tanks that are included in Guards Starter Pack and Advanced Pack - Shielded T34E are fun to play, and the bundles come with golden eagles and premium memberships for a week or two. I used the golden eagles to buy some more premium tanks... Russian SMK and the German branch KV-1B are good relatively cheap premium tanks IMO. The American tank tree is still relatively parse, it doesn't take that much time to get all tanks up to tier IV there even without premium tanks. It's always a good idea to test drive the premiums before buying, some of them are quite, er, interesting.

Of course getting a premium tier 2 tank is not going to help much if you are grinding tier IV tanks, the research efficiency drops pretty low outside the tiers I-III. If I had the golden eagles to spare, I'd get myself a premium Tiger I (Pz.Bfw.VI(P) in German tree). The normal Tiger is already fun to play, and that one comes with good amount of extra armour, and having a premium tier IV tanks would make grinding tiers IV and V much easier.

grmlin

Some people seem to buy talismans for their favourite tanks, that way you get premium bonuses playing that tank. I haven't done it myself though.

I have bought some bundles from the PS store, they seem to offer some decent value. The T34 tanks that are included in Guards Starter Pack and Advanced Pack - Shielded T34E are fun to play, and the bundles come with golden eagles and premium memberships for a week or two. I used the golden eagles to buy some more premium tanks... Russian SMK and the German branch KV-1B are good relatively cheap premium tanks IMO. The American tank tree is still relatively parse, it doesn't take that much time to get all tanks up to tier IV there even without premium tanks. It's always a good idea to test drive the premiums before buying, some of them are quite, er, interesting.

Of course getting a premium tier 2 tank is not going to help much if you are grinding tier IV tanks, the research efficiency drops pretty low outside the tiers I-III. If I had the golden eagles to spare, I'd get myself a premium Tiger I (Pz.Bfw.VI(P) in German tree). The normal Tiger is already fun to play, and that one comes with good amount of extra armour, and having a premium tier IV tanks would make grinding tiers IV and V much easier.

Ok, thanks a lot.

I will grind my way through t1 first though, would be really stupid to start a match with a single t2 tank and low t1 fillers ;)
Maybe I'll bite and buy the SdKfz 140/1 and T-26E starter pack for t1, too.

Do you know if the premium times stack when you buy multiple packages?

Ok, thanks a lot.

I will grind my way through t1 first though, would be really stupid to start a match with a single t2 tank and low t1 fillers ;)
Maybe I'll bite and buy the SdKfz 140/1 and T-26E starter pack for t1, too.

Do you know if the premium times stack when you buy multiple packages?

Yes they do - and you're right, it's usually good idea to research tanks in order, starting from the lowest BR and working your way up. I didn't do that though in the beginning, and my win ratios and kills/death ratios were all over the place.

If you have Playstation Plus, you can get that one starter pack for free, but I think it just had the German DAK and some plane... the DAK is pretty good compared to normal Panzer II, but the Russian and American tanks are much better at that point.

grmlin

So, that T34 is much more fun than I thought. It can be a bit frustrating, though, when you get match-maked to the upper and of your battle rating all the time (and wrecked, of course ;))

the new maps are nice, too. Did not play them very often though.

The new units are pretty cool so far. The new Russian AA truck is really good, it's easier to hit planes with it than with the later Russian AA units. The first two American tank destroyers have also been pretty interesting to play, and I should get the Hellcat pretty soon. The new American reserve tank was weird... the first hit you receive usually takes out one of the crew, and after that you're unable to ahoot the main gun.

New maps seem very good also, even though it would be nice to get them more often at first. And Mozdok is back in circulation, one of my favourite maps, yay.

Keasar

So I decided to give tank battles in War Thunder a try.

Is the game supposed to be this annoyingly random? I feel like I have absolutely no control over things. Half the games for me is spent standing still because the enemy got one shot in that stuns the crew inside. And this happens all the time. Gunner is unconscious. Loader is unconscious. Driver is unconscious. Everyone is constantly unconscious and I just wish they would outright kill me.

And then there are the shots that just outright instantly kills you coming from nowhere. You try shooting at the sides yourself but no luck igniting their ammo despite the damage indicator showing it is clearly getting hit over and over.

grmlin

Well, yes, this happens to me, too. It got better in T2 for me though.

What I really would like to see is a playlist without planes, so I could play some tank-only battles, without these stupid Kamikaze-Bombers all around you.

And then there are the shots that just outright instantly kills you coming from nowhere. You try shooting at the sides yourself but no luck igniting their ammo despite the damage indicator showing it is clearly getting hit over and over.

Some tanks are have powerful enough shots, so they can one shot kill you with less than perfect hits. A 75 mm hit will kill most tier 1 tanks. And ammo hit is not a intant death any longer, maybe one hit out of 3 will ignite the ammo. Not sure, but maybe less than that with solid shells.

Well, yes, this happens to me, too. It got better in T2 for me though.

What I really would like to see is a playlist without planes, so I could play some tank-only battles, without these stupid Kamikaze-Bombers all around you.

It was worse before with kamikaze pilots in Arcade. Now the 10 second delay with bombs forces people to drop them higher and aim better. And if you crash your plane, you have to pay full repair for your tank even if you survive without a hit, but alas most people are playing with auto repair, and fail to see how expensive it is to crash your planes. I admit that I crash my assault plane pretty often if I do a rocket attack, but it's just so much easier to aim that way :) I think the game should outright punish you even more if you crash your plane.

In sim events you still get bombed too easily soon after spawning, and in some maps you don't have any reasonable cover from planes...

Keasar

Some tanks are have powerful enough shots, so they can one shot kill you with less than perfect hits. A 75 mm hit will kill most tier 1 tanks. And ammo hit is not a intant death any longer, maybe one hit out of 3 will ignite the ammo. Not sure, but maybe less than that with solid shells.

So why am I playing with higher tiered tanks if they are objectively more powerful? That sounds like just making the game unfair against new players by giving them completely weaker stuff. Like handing a chess player who is new only a couple of pawns while another starts with the whole set.

So why am I playing with higher tiered tanks if they are objectively more powerful? That sounds like just making the game unfair against new players by giving them completely weaker stuff. Like handing a chess player who is new only a couple of pawns while another starts with the whole set.

Well, you shouldn't be seeing tanks that have battle rating more than 1 higher than your highest tank,in your current lineup, but sometimes that +1 is enough to give you serious trouble. Also some tanks may have better guns, but be slower, or have weak armor. The game is not perfectly balanced, but most tabks have weaknesses that can be used against them, and if you know the tanks, ammo and map, you can usually win even against better tank. The learning curve is pretty steep at the beginning, and I guess there's new stuff to learn in every tier... old tactics don't work against all enemies.

grmlin

And don't use a newly researched tank with eg. a battle rating of 3 when the rest of your lineup is at 1.0 :)
I try to have a balanced deck of tanks.

It get's easier after you researched every item for a tank, too.

I have to admit, it's a lot of fun, and I would have never thought that I spend money for a game like this :)

Also, I wouldn't recommend starting with German tanks. They are harder in the beginning... And there's a long way to Tiger.

Wace

I have to admit, it's a lot of fun, and I would have never thought that I spend money for a game like this :)

It is some kind of magic: it's the only game I can play competitively with other people, and before it I've never considered myself a sim fan. And then PS4 launch brought me this wonderful experience, and I'm playing almost every day ever since.

Also, haven't spent a dime for first half a year.

Keasar

I find it more baffling that this unfairness is acceptable in a multiplayer game.

Tanks are unbalanced.
The modifications of tanks makes it unbalanced by letting some tanks unlock a whole extra ability (artillery strikes).
The RNG of shooting tanks is unbalanced and just makes everything feel like a dice throw when playing.

And this has tournaments, the kind where they determine "who is the best?"!

I love the underlying gameplay, driving tanks is fun, the potential teamplay that could exist is fun, but this is just too randomized and annoying. Sometimes I can repair my tank, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I get to get into combat, sometimes I am one-shot out of nowhere because they hit me square in the ammo dump while I was moving, from a kilometer away. I got one-shoted by a airplane out of nowhere that hit me in the fuel dumps...that was fun....

I find it more baffling that this unfairness is acceptable in a multiplayer game.

Tanks are unbalanced.
The modifications of tanks makes it unbalanced by letting some tanks unlock a whole extra ability (artillery strikes).
The RNG of shooting tanks is unbalanced and just makes everything feel like a dice throw when playing.

And this has tournaments, the kind where they determine "who is the best?"!

I love the underlying gameplay, driving tanks is fun, the potential teamplay that could exist is fun, but this is just too randomized and annoying. Sometimes I can repair my tank, sometimes I can't. Sometimes I get to get into combat, sometimes I am one-shot out of nowhere because they hit me square in the ammo dump while I was moving, from a kilometer away. I got one-shoted by a airplane out of nowhere that hit me in the fuel dumps...that was fun....

You are right, that the modules that you research and enable should increase the BR of the tank. But of course it would add an extra element of complexity to the whole BR balancing thing, and it has plenty of complexity already. Armored Warfare has this, but of course it's a much simpler arcade game with health bars instead of (semi) realistic damage models.

In War Thunder your crew basically has experience points. If you increase their vitality, they stay alive better when taking a hit and recover faster from unconsciousness. And of course boosting repair and reloading skills help a lot. Some high level players seem to enjoy playing with low tier tanks for one reason or other, so if you are used to playing with newbies, suddenly meeting a level 60 guy with almost maxed out übermen crew may seem pretty unfair. But that's part of the whole massive online multiplayer and free to play experience... you can also pay money to boost your crew skills if you want to save time. But just because of this, the playfield is never even. Some people have advantage. And people with fast PCs always have advantage over PS4 (or low end PC) players, and people playing with mouse controls have massive advantage in airplane side.

Medium and light tanks get artillery, heavies and tank destroyers don't. RNG by nature is random, not unbalanced. I think it adds realism to the game, there was big differences in ammo quality, and steel quality etc. in real life, and this can be simulated by adding an random element. It works relatively well, if not perfectly. Previously a hit to the ammo rack almost always destroyed your tank, I think that was more unrealistic than the present randomness. Previously some people had unnatural skill in hitting you right to the ammo rack from the other end of the map... Of course the guns are still unnaturally accurate, no one would try to hit your gun barrel in real life, for example, but in this game it is done regularly.

I think, as a PS4 player, the biggest problem is the PC players ability to cheat by disabling grass and bushes, and seeing your tank when you think you are well hidden. This is of course mainly problem in realistic and simulator modes, which is why I prefer arcade.

Another is how some people abuse the "spawn as a fighter" in arcade. When you enter an air event, they look which kind of ground device you are using, and if it can be killed with a fighter. If yes, then they jump into a fighter, and fly straight at your vehicle and destroy it, while you are defenceless. And of course some people just jump into a bomber or assault plane when they get killed, and try to revenge their deaths by bombing their killer. Removal of name tags during these air events would help so much.

And of course meeting tanks with +1 BR can be annoying, if you start seeing it too often. I'm playing American line with BR 5.0 lineup at the moment, and far too often I''m seeing Tigers (5.7 or 6.0) in the opposing side. It would be okay if it was just 50% of the time, but it feels like there's too many players playing with 6.7 and 5.7 lineups, so the matchmaker throws you in with them. Of course you can make this work for you too, if you play 6.7 lineup yourself, then you are not likely to meet many >BR7.0 opponents. BR 6.7 is a touch place though, sometimes I prefer playing more with my BR 3.3 to 3.7 T-34 lineup. And BR 7.0 is a hellhole, you are meeting BR8.0 tanks all the time, and you are pretty helpless against good Maus and IS-4M players.

Wace

Some people have advantage. And people with fast PCs always have advantage over PS4 (or low end PC) players, and people playing with mouse controls have massive advantage in airplane side.

Let me just add my two cents to this perfect post: I've been playing mostly airplanes (I really suck at tanks) and, while PC players may have some advantage, I wouldn't call it massive. In Arcade Battles DS4 is more than enough to finish at the upper half of the team.

grmlin

Ah, this game is x-platform multiplayer? Wasn't aware of that (and didn't notice).
Chat messages are so rare, I thought it's the lack of players with m+k on PS4 :)

Sometimes things are really unpredictable, though. One match you keep getting one-shot'ed, with the next match being the complete opposite, with you surviving 20 shots right on your sides...

Let me just add my two cents to this perfect post: I've been playing mostly airplanes (I really suck at tanks) and, while PC players may have some advantage, I wouldn't call it massive. In Arcade Battles DS4 is more than enough to finish at the upper half of the team.

I can't seem to hit anything in airplane mode, I like to blame my DS4 rather than my complete lack of skills. In tanks I seem to be doing slightle better.

Ah, this game is x-platform multiplayer? Wasn't aware of that (and didn't notice).
Chat messages are so rare, I thought it's the lack of players with m+k on PS4 :)

Sometimes things are really unpredictable, though. One match you keep getting one-shot'ed, with the next match being the complete opposite, with you surviving 20 shots right on your sides...

Chat messages can be seen more often if you play in American server, unfortunately also team killings. And in Russian servers too I guess, but in Russian. In Euro servers you get occassional chat message, but people seem too lazy to chat to random people in their teams. In Simulator mode there were more chatting going on usually, but now that mode is gone (only events left), and Realistic is not as interesting to me.

Wace

I can't seem to hit anything in airplane mode, I like to blame my DS4 rather than my complete lack of skills. In tanks I seem to be doing slightle better.

For me the worst part of tanks is need to be constantly aware of multiple targets, since you can be killed from any direction and most of the guns can shoot through the whole map. In airplanes you're usually actively involved with no more than several opponents, and, since your plane is always on the move, you're not an easy target even when you're unaware about the opponent.

For me the worst part of tanks is need to be constantly aware of multiple targets, since you can be killed from any direction and most of the guns can shoot through the whole map. In airplanes you're usually actively involved with no more than several opponents, and, since your plane is always on the move, you're not an easy target even when you're unaware about the opponent.

Well, if you show yourself to more than one target, it is likely that one of them is going to take a shot at you :) Ideally you stay hidden and only pop out just when you are about to shoot someone. And not just when you are sniping from a distance, also when you are attacking a capture point.

But yeah, I kind of get what you are saying, but for some reason it's very dificult for me to hit anyone when dogfighting, and also I seem to get hit way easier than I can hit back.

grmlin

I think that's why I like tanks. It's all about getting the better position, preferentially with decent cover (rocks, houses...)

And you can flank your enemy to attack them from their sides.

Recently I found realistic battles to be much more interesting, because these "on shot across the map" kills stop. Sometimes it's really hard to see if a tank is still alive or already dead, but I think I get used to it.

The most intense War Thunder battle I had, was a simulator battle without name tags or radar in heavy storm. You had to get really close to other tanks in order to see if they were enemies or friendlies. Too bad these extreme weather battles are rare, as are nighttime battles.

grmlin

This game has nighttime battles and weather? o_0

there really should be some playlists functionality with these kind of settings.

Wace

Recently I found realistic battles to be much more interesting, because these "on shot across the map" kills stop.

Holy crap, man! I took your advice and played one realistic battle, for a change. We won, and I've finished on the first place. Turns out that without vulnerability highlights and long-distance spotting my T-28E ruled supreme! One kill with tank + two captures + 1 assist + 1 kill with IL-2, that I took out after my tank burned down (no extinguishers yet).

storm.gif

grmlin

yesterday, I gave those planes another try. Only tried with DS4 before, it's so much better with m+k! Actually it's pretty fun and I see more grind at the horizon :D

I thought War Thunder-GAF might enjoy this: I got the chance to go inside a B-17 and B-24 at a local air show.

B-17 front view:

f4OuTc6.jpg

rbPWIVx.jpg

Inside the front turret:

9JSS4li.jpg

The bomb bay:

cJsxgOL.jpg

B-24 front view:

GlEtyE1.jpg

Side turret:

Sgwrzat.jpg

B-24 rear:

xSYyGkR.jpg

Very cool experience. I couldn't believe how cramped and uncomfortable the interior of those planes were. I can't imagine having to fly in those for hours at a time. Respect to those who did!

grmlin

Oh boy, they should remove airplanes from realistic tank battles, at least on an alternative playlist.

Those instant kills out of nowhere are anything but fun... if they add ai anti aircraft vehicles and airplanes it might get better, but right now... puh.

I had a couple of good matches yesterday playing Sim events. It seems like planes have hard time seeing you if you keep yourself hidden in trees or in-between buildings, or at least it's not easy for them to tell if you are friend or foe without doing a close fly-by.

Travelling in a close group straight from spawn to cap point seems to give them a pretty good target though. And sometimes just entering a cap point is too dangerous.

grmlin

Capture points are the biggest issue imho.

If there ist an experienced pilot in the air it's like committing suicide trying to catch one...

Capture points are the biggest issue imho.

If there ist an experienced pilot in the air it's like committing suicide trying to catch one...

Yeah, luckily decapturing an enemy capture point is quick, and then you can hide from the planes.

Playing anti aircraft units can be pretty fun, well, Kugelblitz especially is pretty damn good. Unfortunately its BR was raised to 7.0, so using it throws you to tier 5 matches. The American SPAA are pretty good too, but seem to lack the destructive power of the German units. Before M19 that is.

Keasar

One sudden shot to the front, ammo dump explodes.

One shot from the side, crew burns out.

Another shot from the front. Gunner is killed and then another shot from the side finishes me off.

That entire game was me driving three tanks to the front and dying instantly. Think I found the match that told me this game is not for me.

One sudden shot to the front, ammo dump explodes.

One shot from the side, crew burns out.

Another shot from the front. Gunner is killed and then another shot from the side finishes me off.

That entire game was me driving three tanks to the front and dying instantly. Think I found the match that told me this game is not for me.

Yeah, I've had days like that too. What tanks were you using, and which game mode?

grmlin

This happens, of course. But I can live with that, because the next match often feels like the complete opposite and I one-shot others. Feels so good :)

Yesterday I tried to kill a Jumbo (I think that what it's called). Had no luck, did not want to die. In the end (after at least 10-15 hits) a teammate of him finished me off with one shot...

Keasar

Yeah, I've had days like that too. What tanks were you using, and which game mode?

Panzerkapuffz IVs and STUG. Arcade. Tried Realistic but couldnt work out the RP, it said I had 450 RP to work with, took a tank that costed 240 and thought next time I'll respawn with one costing 210, which for some reason when I tried respawning costed instead now 351 or something.

Panzerkapuffz IVs and STUG. Arcade. Tried Realistic but couldnt work out the RP, it said I had 450 RP to work with, took a tank that costed 240 and thought next time I'll respawn with one costing 210, which for some reason when I tried respawning costed instead now 351 or something.

Pz.IV and Stug can be pretty frustrating, especially now, when there are lots of people playing with the new American tank destroyers than can one shot you quite easily. I preferred Pz.III to Pz.IV already last year when I was going through the middle ranks of German line, and never liked how thin the feont armor was in Stugs.

The RP in realistic... the first spawn cost half as much as respawns, so you want to use your heavy tank there first and have mediums and SPAA in lineup for respawns. If you get kills and assists you receive RP you can use to respawm if you die.

In simulator events it's much simpler - medium and light tanks get 2 spawns, heavies and TDs just one.

Top Bottom