• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Bundle Glitched Steam 9.99 instead of $140 [Dead]

Sepultura

I thought it was Steam only, so I'm not sure how anyone would do that.
I was hoping someone would have bought it as a gift since lots of people seemed to have bought it for the price alone. People often do that on sales and don't redeem unless they actually wana play the game.

MultiCore

I was hoping someone would have bought it as a gift since lots of people seemed to have bought it for the price alone. People often do that on sales and don't redeem unless they actually wana play the game.
Gifting was not an option at checkout.

Sepultura

Gifting was not an option at checkout.
Yea I just looked it up. Valve changed the policy back in May 2017.

Today we're announcing changes to gifts on Steam. The gifting process has had a bunch of friction in it for a while, and we want to make it easier for you to share the games you love with friends. Steam Gifting will now be a system of direct exchange from gift buyer to gift receiver, and we will be retiring the Gift to E-mail and Gift to Inventory options.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

Shengar

This price should've happened during Mirage Prime Access smh

"A lot of the old prime sets are vaulted and rarely, if ever, come back out. I highly recommend picking up the ones that look interesting to you or are mandatory for end game content with Plat"

The vaulted stuff comes back eventually. There are no primed frames that are mandatory for end game content, because frames valued for endgame content are valued because of their abilities, which are unchanged from the regular frames. You might miss out on a negligible amount of armor/health/energy and you'll need toss in a few more forma to optimize the build, but there's no real difference in power.

The prime version of later don't have negligible amount to their bonus though. Saryn for example, wouldn't work as effective without her humongous amount of energy in her prime version. There's a power creep to the prime warframes and it's unfortunate for new player for not being able to get it without selling lots of stuff (which is later into endgame) or buying platinum since the price of earlier vaulted prime Warfare can be expensive as heck. I'm just hoping that not every vaulted prime would be as expensive as Ember (which paradoxically enough quite inferior in her prime upgrades).

garath

Even though I missed the discount by a few hours, just reading this thread is making me want to try the game. I've never played it.

"The prime version of later don't have negligible amount to their bonus though. Saryn for example, wouldn't work as effective without her humongous amount of energy in her prime version. There's a power creep to the prime warframes and it's unfortunate for new player for not being able to get it without selling lots of stuff (which is later into endgame) or buying platinum since the price of earlier vaulted prime Warfare can be expensive as heck. I'm just hoping that not every vaulted prime would be as expensive as Ember (which paradoxically enough quite inferior in her prime upgrades)."

While there is power creep, the content has never caught up with that, so the power creep is kind of irrelevant. Regarding Saryn, the difference in energy pools is rather insignificant when you consider her capability to regenerate energy. She's not starving for it.

madjoki

Yea I just looked it up. Valve changed the policy back in May 2017.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/1301948399254001159

It's not actually related to this change. It just that things like MMO currencies can't be gifted at all even directly. Otherwise this could've easily been gifted directly to friends etc. But sadly such option is disabled wholly:

yvt7u3p.png

Still janky. Warframe will never not be jank. Watching the physics freak out during ragdolls constantly reminds me of how janky it is.

It's 2017 no one uses proprietary engines anymore, use Unreal like normal devs!

It may be janky but it runs super well while looking super good. I'm glad they didn't use UE4. There's definitely a benefit to knowing your engine inside and out.

Mupod

Maybe someone should edit OP or title to avoid confusion as the price error is long over.

It successfully got me to play again though. Game is still pretty daunting to return to, I wish they had some kind of onboarding for returning players as so much has changed over time. I'm in that weird limbo where my character was powerful in 2013 but I'm sure he's no match for recent endgame content. I guess I should just keep doing alerts and story stuff until I run into a mission where I'm not instagibbing everything with my old Soma. I also stopped playing before major overhauls like the way the damage system works now, so I have to learn that from scratch.

On the subject of jank, the first mission I attempted last night was one for an Arcwing part. It took two attempts/mission aborts before objective indicators appeared. That...was a little confusing.

Sini

This game uses its own launcher that has only one purpose - to download updates...
What the hell? Why couldn't the Steam version download updates through Steam itself? I was going to play it, but had to wait extra 30 minutes to actually launch the game.

chogidogs

I liked Excalibur but Hydroid Prime is my jam! I'm playing it like Doom, non-stop running and just popping skills when I need to. Already at level 16 with him. Do I have to move on when I max him? I feel like I'd be wasting the levels by not using other frames.

bati

I liked Excalibur but Hydroid Prime is my jam! I'm playing it like Doom, non-stop running and just popping skills when I need to. Already at level 16 with him. Do I have to move on when I max him? I feel like I'd be wasting the levels by not using other frames.

If you want to progress your MR, yes. But I tend to group for popular leveling spots for that because it's much quicker (same for releveling stuff after you forma it), and just play my favorite loadouts most of the time. Once you hit a certain point you'll have issues getting new weapons/frames fast enough, especially if you don't want to spend platinum for them, and that's when your MR grind will slow down. I think getting up to 16 or so is worth it, some purple mods have that as requirement, maybe some other stuff too, been a while since I've played.

Well, afaik this game is primarily PvE? So no, I don't want to win of people. I want to win over the game itself!

I almost may not be serious.

For some reason I've always thought of Warframe as primarily PvP (I've barely played it), but it seems you're right and it's primarily a PvE cooperative game. I really really have to get into it one of these days...

In any case this makes your position much more reasonable. Sorry for my ignorance. ^_^;

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game uses its own launcher that has only one purpose - to download updates...
What the hell? Why couldn't the Steam version download updates through Steam itself? I was going to play it, but had to wait extra 30 minutes to actually launch the game.

This is pretty much the standard for MMOs and other online-focused games on PC.

Synth

For some reason I've always thought of Warframe as primarily PvP (I've barely played it), but it seems you're right and it's primarily a PvE cooperative game. I really really have to get into it one of these days...

In any case this makes your position much more reasonable. Sorry for my ignorance. ^_^;

No problem. :)

I'd have nothing to do with p2w PvP, no matter how cheap, lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Never noticed it. Game was running 200+ fps even when I had a 970.

It was really unoptimized. The new one is much better. Old hydroid wasn't popular though.

NewGame

Banned
9$ for a laggy glitchy shot em up you should have never paid for in the first place is not 100$+ of value

#lokiuser

Gestault

I did one of the first missions, saw before the exit there was a vertical pipe to a lower area with some chests: I jumped down and grabbed the stuff, triggered the handle to bring up the elevator (which was the only way to get out of the area). The elevator mechanism moved up, and I thought I paused the game because a pet-related thing came up behind me IRL. When I turned back around and went back into the game, the elevator had gone back down (it's online, so "pausing" not working makes sense), but that handle wouldn't trigger again. So I had to quit out of the mission. That's a small but annoying level design goof. Single-use elevators that can trap you in a zone aren't my favorite thing in games.

Please tell me that's not indicative of their overall design quality? This has been neat otherwise. Though playing with a controller, it seems to only display keyboard prompts.

data

I did one of the first missions, saw before the exit there was a vertical pipe to a lower area with some chests: I jumped down and grabbed the stuff, triggered the handle to bring up the elevator (which was the only way to get out of the area). The elevator mechanism moved up, and I thought I paused the game because a pet-related thing came up behind me IRL. When I turned back around and went back into the game, the elevator had gone back down (it's online, so "pausing" not working makes sense), but that handle wouldn't trigger again. So I had to quit out of the mission. That's a small but annoying level design goof. Single-use elevators that can trap you in a zone aren't my favorite thing in games.

Please tell me that's not indicative of their overall design quality? This has been neat otherwise. Though playing with a controller, it seems to only display keyboard prompts.
It's pretty janky. Sometimes you also go outside the map and have to use a text command to get out. But I've never had a one use elevator.

Syril

I've never seen a single use elevator, but you can enable pausing if you set your matchmaking to solo.

Playing in Big Picture mode should fix the keyboard prompts.

Cmagus

Good god, why does f2p games always expensive?

Basically the prime packs in Warframe give you the newest prime frame, prime accessories and platiunum for now work if you just want it right away. If you've played for awhile you can get all that stuff free by earning it in game (which isn't that hard). Like the almost 4000 platinum you can use to buy pretty much any frame you want from other players or mats from the market.I wish I didn't miss it I would have like that platinum to buy Ember Prime since I only have the regular on and have been trying to get it for ages lol.

Top Bottom