• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Bundle Glitched Steam 9.99 instead of $140 [Dead]

bati

Even with a gamepad? Others have said it's pretty good, although you still need kb/m for certain interactions.

I don't know how it plays with a pad, but I think you should be able to perform all special moves like bullet jump or slides.

I liked Borderlands 2 but hate Musous. Will I be alright? I know I'm probably overcomplicating this for a F2P game. 20GB download though.

Warframe has a lot of depth for a PvE game. You get a lot of min/maxing builds for different purposes (farming/endless or endgame) and mission types. There are daily missions, raids and a lot of things to do. Customization is amazing.

Also, Warframe has one of the best F2P models I've experienced. You can sustain without spending a penny; everything I spent is buying plat to support the developers even though I had a surplus of it just trading and selling rare stuff.

You will mostly be shooting and spamming abilities. There is melee with cool stances/moves that you use in conjunction with frame abilities like stealth or certain melee oriented frames. Mobility is great too; you can jump around and wall ride while shooting, and fly at high speeds.

The bad thing about some of the meta stuff in Warframe is camping and speed running some missions. It can get boring when you have a set team comp, but it is necessary for some people to speed up farming.

Nokterian

That's insane. Man I wish Destiny offered the customization this game offers.

44.000 people playing daily on steam, there the underdog on steam they are there but nobody notice them unless you say something about it.

In 4 years time they changed so much i remember playing the beta, they improved so much it is mind boggling how much content there is a long with warframes and customization.

Worth noting that the plat in that bundle could set up a frugal player for life, with a fair amount of room for cosmetics.

Yeah, I was just telling my friend that and he jumped in. If he likes it enough he probably has enough plat to never pay any more money for the game. That was huge for him.

Jeremy

Yeah, I was just telling my friend that and he jumped in. If he likes it enough he probably has enough plat to never pay any more money for the game. That was huge for him.

I wish more companies would see some legitimacy in this strategy. I wouldn't have ever owned or played Rocket League if it hadn't been given out with PlayStation Plus and conversely, if I had bought it at retail, I would have never purchased any DLC. I've gone out of my way to support the game by purchasing all DLC packs because of their approach. I also would never have played this game if I wouldn't have gotten in on this, like it or not. I think it will help bring a number of new players in that would have gone another day without thinking of this game otherwise.

data

So is there any recommendation for stuff to get with plat? I already know about getting inventory slots, anything else that's really convenient to just get with plat?

Nokterian

Fyi i still have the game before it became warframe.

DKrSXeFXcAEa4w7.jpg:large

So is there any recommendation for stuff to get with plat? I already know about getting inventory slots, anything else that's really convenient to just get with plat?

I guess colors? Other than that, you could get some prime parts if you want any specific weapons or some armor sets that you think look cool.

I personally got all of the colors unlocked and will be sitting on most of my plat. I'm still going to try to make more plat via the market.

Color palettes. Cosmetics. Syandanas, skins. You get helmets in the game so like everything else you can get in game, don't.

A lot of the old prime sets are vaulted and rarely, if ever, come back out. I highly recommend picking up the ones that look interesting to you or are mandatory for end game content with Plat

"A lot of the old prime sets are vaulted and rarely, if ever, come back out. I highly recommend picking up the ones that look interesting to you or are mandatory for end game content with Plat"

The vaulted stuff comes back eventually. There are no primed frames that are mandatory for end game content, because frames valued for endgame content are valued because of their abilities, which are unchanged from the regular frames. You might miss out on a negligible amount of armor/health/energy and you'll need toss in a few more forma to optimize the build, but there's no real difference in power.

Man getting the BP and Neuroptics has been absolutely brutal for me.
Worth it. Just finished an efficiency-duration-based Spy build of Ivara w/ the Infiltrate augment (immunity to security lasers) that lets me stealth through damn near entire missions, making stealth bow kills the whole time to replenish energy and ammo. And dash-wire solves a lot of problems.

And seriously, how bad-ass a power is dashwire? Always blows my mind to see what new powers DE adds to the game. Something like dashwire would easily break other games, but it works here - even when added three years into the game.

Other interesting powers that come to mind: Limbo's whole ability to slip in and out of the rift dimension, with its own rules. Titania, who can shrink to the size of a fairy and literally fly through levels tearing shit up. Nekros who can desecrate the bodies of dead enemies to get them to produce double loot (even more loot if you cut enemies into pieces), etc. There are a lot of unique abilities.

JWiLL

Banned
I like how this hasn't lead to a bunch of people in this thread downloading or reinstalling Warframe.

I'm far from a hardcore player, but it's one game I always have installed and try to jump on a couple times a week.

The Skill Up review is fantastic too, for anyone still on the fence.

Ravelle

I played Warframe when it was just a bunch of Hallway blocks in space and nothing more, I checked it out recently to see what's up and holy cow I got overwhelmed by all the new systems and stuff thrown at me.

I played Warframe when it was just a bunch of Hallway blocks in space and nothing more, I checked it out recently to see what's up and holy cow I got overwhelmed by all the new systems and stuff thrown at me.

You just wait till Plains of Eidolon drops...:)

Well I bought the pack, time to try Warframe again.

Stupid question, but can I ignore the melee? I think it's what turns me off the game each time. It feels terrible to use imo but I feel obligated to use it since it seems like part of the core combat.

You can ignore it if you want. Guns can be modded to be very strong. Have you figured out the stances and how to go into the dedicated melee mode? It opens up different combos so long as you equipped stance mods.

Stupid question, but can I ignore the melee? I think it's what turns me off the game each time. It feels terrible to use imo but I feel obligated to use it since it seems like part of the core combat.

exfatal

Basically this for me as well, tried it out super earlier, hoped on again and goddamn the difference is almost night and day

This is 100% where I'm at.

Would love to hop back in but who knows where to even begin...

Play a Mesa, the gunslinger. Not only is she an ass kicker, but her passive ability gives her a health bonus for not equipping a melee weapon.

vqbJ7eU.jpg

You can ignore it if you want. Guns can be modded to be very strong. Have you figured out the stances and how to go into the dedicated melee mode? It opens up different combos so long as you equipped stance mods.

I don't believe so. I want to say last time I played it felt like I was just mostly spamming a button for melee, but I can't say for certain. I've never been big on melee combat though so i'd probably just stick to range if that's viable.

Play a Mesa, the gunslinger. Not only is she an ass kicker, but her passive ability gives her a health bonus for not equipping a melee weapon.

vqbJ7eU.jpg

That's awesome. I'll give her a look when I jump back in.

For anyone unaware, there is a Warframe (PC) OT. Particularly for any of you new 999ers.

There's a dedicated melee mode, not just the quick melee, in case you're unaware. I think you hold F by default. When you're holding your weapon in front of you and the attack button makes it glow, that's when you know you're in melee mode.

But, yeah, you can. It's only certain builds and frames that really benefit from melee (Excalibur, Valkyr, Saryn, and more) while others are more focused on range.

I don't believe so. I want to say last time I played it felt like I was just mostly spamming a button for melee, but I can't say for certain. I've never been big on melee combat though so i'd probably just stick to range if that's viable.
BTW - they've completely overhauled melee. Where it used to be a single button press spam attack (which it still is when using primary and secondary weapons), brandishing your melee weapon opens up all kinds of craziness. Custom combos by stance, channeling Warframe energy into attacks, jedi-like blocking of attacks, the works. Its nuts. They also completely ditched the whole stamina system - its completely gone, so there's no limit to the moves (and parkour) you can pull.

Melee 2.0 Wiki article

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't that imply it was an error on Valve's end if it was due to "circumstances beyond [their] control"?

Nah. The way product pricing works on Steam is that you select your desired price for the US, the rest of the currencies/price regions are auto-filled with Valve's recommendations, you make any adjustments you see fit, then submit this information for approval, so what happened is that Digital Extremes made one hell of a mistake but didn't realise this until it was too late and had to wait for Valve to approve the correct prices.

There's a dedicated melee mode, not just the quick melee, in case you're unaware. I think you hold F by default. When you're holding your weapon in front of you and the attack button makes it glow, that's when you know you're in melee mode.

But, yeah, you can. It's only certain builds and frames that really benefit from melee (Excalibur, Valkyr, Saryn, and more) while others are more focused on range.

BTW - they've completely overhauled melee. Where is used to be a single button press spam attack (which it still is when using primary and secondary weapons), brandishing your melee weapon opens up all kinds of craziness. Custom combos by stance, channeling Warframe energy into attacks, jedi-like blocking of attacks, the works. Its nuts.

Melee 2.0 Wiki article

Well damn, thanks for the info! I'll have to give the new melee a go.

nOoblet16

So steam has refunded my purchase in full.

My story, when I was checking out I saw $9.99 but after purchase it told me I was charged full price of $140.

I opened a ticket on Steam from recent purchase and selected the "paid wrong price" option and mentioned my experience of checkout showing a different price to what I got charged.

I'm just starting the game, and assuming I need to progress to a certain point in order to access the Tentacle Swarm Pack DLC and stuff, is that correct?

Not seeing it listed anywhere.

rpmboy

I'm just starting the game, and assuming I need to progress to a certain point in order to access the Tentacle Swarm Pack DLC and stuff, is that correct?

Not seeing it listed anywhere.

You need to beat the intro mission and get to your ship. It'll ask you about adding a Steam purchase to your account, select yes.

This is a special case. Seeing as I've now already paid, I wanna win goddamnit!

I'll never understand that mindset. You want to win over people because you paid more, rather than because you're better? You want people that paid more than you (and let's face it, at 40$ you're barely an anchovy in a sea of whales) to win over you?

Thanks guys, got it. Had to complete the second mission I think, which added the store. Was able to equip the Ballistica and Nami Skyla Prime weapons.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
So umm should I get this even if I didn't get the deal? Seems like a lot of pay to play stuff if it has 100+$ packs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So umm should I get this even if I didn't get the deal? Seems like a lot of pay to play stuff if it has 100+$ packs.

It's not a good deal unless you really want to trade money for grind time. There is a ton of pay2skipgrind in Warframe, it's practically their entire business model.

Nokterian

So i had the time now to play and level up (thanks to that 90 day booster) bought a little droid that shoots and fly with me and a sort of cape. Next is going to buy some warframes, what are the most fun to do?

Jellie

So i had the time now to play and level up (thanks to that 90 day booster) bought a little droid that shoots and fly with me and a sort of cape. Next is going to buy some warframes, what are the most fun to do?

Would recommend you farm the parts and build them. It's slower but buying is a waste of money. Depends on your play style. Do you like tanks? Crowd controllers? Support? Stealth? DPS?

Primus

I'm more tank/dps person.

Get yourself some Rhino. Parts for Rhino drop from the boss of Venus (the second planet you'll go to), Jackal. Should only take a few runs to get the parts, and Rhino is a great frame pretty much all game. Charge for closing, Stomp for massive damage and crowd control, Iron Skin to live forever.

Also, it's been mentioned before, but new players who are here thanks to the misprice should come over to the Community thread. We have a clan and lots of helpful players, and one of the biggest updates to Warframe in its history, the new open-world zone Plains of Eidolon, is dropping in the next couple of weeks.

Would recommend you farm the parts and build them. It's slower but buying is a waste of money. Depends on your play style. Do you like tanks? Crowd controllers? Support? Stealth? DPS?

Any recommendations for a support frame? The one that caught my eye in the warframe list was Harrow. Is he any good?

Syril

Any recommendations for a support frame? The one that caught my eye in the warframe list was Harrow. Is he any good?
Trinity has completely absurd support abilities. She can give the entire team free energy, and her ultimate ability heals the entire team's health and shields to full and has infinity range. Another of her moves turns her into a tank temporarily, which lets her take advantage of her ability to revive teammates faster than any other frame. I can't really speak to Harrow, but either way you can't even get him before finishing multiple lengthy storylines.

Top Bottom