• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe Bundle Glitched Steam 9.99 instead of $140 [Dead]

Far as I know once you buy something for the listed price it's a done deal, granted this may vary from region to region but most places are pretty strict about these such of things. In the Sates it might be weaker though cause....well corporations are more important than people.

For credit cards it's a huge no no to charge more than the initial transaction price. It violates the merchant agreement with the credit card companies.

Errr... email told me I paid 9$

Wanted to make sure so I looked at my CC on my bank website and it looks like steam actually took the full 140$?

Guess i'm gonna need to have a chat with steam support. The fuck?
That is shady as hell. Good luck with Steam support :v

@madjoki Please take the time and read my first post! As you can see i did try refund and its not working as the purchase contains redeemable objects....

last time I used the refund options I had a choice to contact them, this was earlier in the year so not sure if things changed since then.

None of the refund options allow sending a message? I don't think valve do a direct 1 on 1 chat thing.

bati

Easiest thing is to honour these purchases, forget and move on.

If I were DE I'd double down on this mistake. Honor the original purchases, run a week long platinum sale at -75% to appease the people who missed the mistake. Then run an aggressive 2 month skin sale campaign until a sufficient amount of platinum leaves the system.

Blam

If I were DE I'd double down on this mistake. Honor the original purchases, run a week long platinum sale at -75% to appease the people who missed the mistake. Then run an aggressive 2 month skin sale campaign until a sufficient amount of platinum leaves the system.

This actually wouldn't be a bad idea.

Nokterian

Best thing to do, honor it and do something else for everyone.

"If I were DE I'd double down on this mistake. Honor the original purchases, run a week long platinum sale at -75% to appease the people who missed the mistake. Then run an aggressive 2 month skin sale campaign until a sufficient amount of platinum leaves the system."

Especially since the massive Plains of Eidolon update is hitting in the near future.

Nokterian

"If I were DE I'd double down on this mistake. Honor the original purchases, run a week long platinum sale at -75% to appease the people who missed the mistake. Then run an aggressive 2 month skin sale campaign until a sufficient amount of platinum leaves the system."

Especially since the massive Plains of Eidolon update is hitting in the near future.

Another point taken with that price error people do saw warframe in the top 20 sales so that has some good thing for them.

Blam

I feel like this would bring more people into spending plat and buying it if this sale starts around the time it drops, and then the skin campaign happens maybe the next week.

I bought this (confirmed $9 w/ CC company) and haven't played WF in years.... but I have 500 something hours in it from that time.

I had a boat load of platinum even then I think from Master's founders pack.

Maybe i'll hope back in. I was completely overwhelmed last time i tried...

Ok that sounds like an amazing idea, someone needs to bring that up with DE

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

The problem is that Platinum is tradeable between players, so adding a huge platinum sale on top of this price mistake could do pretty bad things to the in-game economy.

I and my SO have logged into our Warframe accounts and verified the items have been applied to our accounts. Haven't done anything with them yet, but I am very curious to see how this all shakes out.

TripleBee

The problem is that Platinum is tradeable between players, so adding a huge platinum sale on top of this price mistake could do pretty bad things to the in-game economy.

They could just make it untradable. They already do it with promo platinum.

bati

Somewhat of an update from a dev.

The non-tradeable plat solution (in the first post) would actually end up being really nice. They'd avoid any impact on the economy and basically ensure that it all gets spent on items that players probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, thus minimizing the impact of this mistake.

0racle

The non-tradeable plat solution (in the first post) would actually end up being really nice. They'd avoid any impact on the economy and basically ensure that it all gets spent on items that players probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, thus minimizing the impact of this mistake.

Yeah, but I didn't buy promo platinum, ;let me trade is as I see fit. Honour the mistake as it sits. Eat the cost as this is the cost of business.

Yeah, my first thought here was that this is exactly the kind of accident that they might have wanted to run on purpose. Given the timing, its perfect.

Mesoian

Regardless of how the situation shakes out (I missed out on it), I'm gonna get twitter on my phone just to follow Wario64.

You should! Wario 64 has the hookup.

Regardless of why this happened, this got me to try out Warframe again after all this time. Maybe it'll be a neat game to play while waiting for Destiny 2 to release.

Zafir

Surely if they changed what was included, they'd still have to offer a refund option to people.

People bought what they bought. There's leeway in that they can argue it was an obvious price mistake, nullify the contract and give refunds. They shouldn't be able to up and change the contract without the purchaser agreeing with it though (hence offering a refund).

Regardless of why this happened, this got me to try out Warframe again after all this time. Maybe it'll be a neat game to play while waiting for Destiny 2 to release.

Yeah, it got me to download it.

Nzyme32

So the error was only in the display of the price? It always cost $140 but displayed as $9? The fuck

No it wasn't. The dev / pub has priced it wrong and there was no issue with website / store. As usual in every other case where this has happened, the price changes in the cart if the dev / pub altered it again just prior to someone hitting add to cart. Once it is in the cart, the price is permanent whether the higher or lower price. You can game Steam a bit through refreshing the store and may get lucky but that's it. Quite a few people I know have got it for £7.

Nokterian

Next free update is going to be open world...i can say this, warframe is space ninja's.

SRTtoZ

The skins that come with that pack are pretty damn sick. Played the intro and thought its pretty fun, kind of reminds me of a less polished Destiny.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The skins that come with that pack are pretty damn sick. Played the intro and thought its pretty fun, kind of reminds me of a less polished Destiny.
It’s janky destiny with more builds and less dungeons.

Maybe you'll end up like me where all of my excitement for Destiny 2 was deflated since, to my surprise, Warframe is a much more interesting experience for myself. It's the same stuff over and over, but I love trying out different frames and drastically different weapons.

madjoki

Thanks, could you tell what does "Can't revoke anything bought from Steam store" really mean? Why is that?

I mean developers can't just revoke any purchase (they don't control it on steam store). Of course this is bit different since they can revoke items, forcing valve to do refunds.

Other sites use steam keys and developers can easily revoke cd-keys. (without contacting Valve)

No it wasn't. The dev / pub has priced it wrong and there was no issue with website / store. As usual in every other case where this has happened, the price changes in the cart if the dev / pub altered it again just prior to someone hitting add to cart. Once it is in the cart, the price is permanent whether the higher or lower price. You can game Steam a bit through refreshing the store and may get lucky but that's it. Quite a few people I know have got it for £7.

Yeah they made mistake while updating prices, which they probably did because of this.

Originally posted by DETaylor:
EDIT: This price issue occurred due to circumstances beyond our control. We will not be acting to remove any items at this time - buy a lottery ticket today.

quick buy a ticket someone

edit: items don't mean platinum though, so that might still be removed... maybe not? I have no clue.

Top Bottom