• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe launching in September on Xbox One

Klyka

Banned
Use credits to buy blueprints you want from the store, or to build blueprints you find in stages along with the right materials.

Your income slows down greatly after a little while so don't blow it all at once.

Uh, your income slows down?
I would say the total opposite. The more planets you have unlocked, the more invasions and alerts will pop up that you can do and many of even the medium level missions give you tons and tons of credits.

I did two invasions today. One needed 3 completions of about 6-10min each for 20k credits and the other needed 5 completions of about 5-8 minutes for 35k.
And each completion of such a missions gave me between 4k-9k on top of that.
I'm building 3 weapons and an Orokin Catalyst right now and still have 100k in the bank by basically just doing alerts when they come up.

Klyka

Banned
Whew. That Saturn boss is tough. Matchmaking will never give me more than 1 other person. You really need 4 for him

Yeah I killed him today for the first three times.

Took me a bit the first go to figure out I had to shoot the glowy bit!

Gotcha. So is there any way to get any badass new armor and weapons from those blueprints?

You can make most if not all the warframes I believe, but you need to find a few blueprints overall to make one.

Whew. That Saturn boss is tough. Matchmaking will never give me more than 1 other person. You really need 4 for him

It's either the matchmaking problems they are fixing or not enough users are at that point yet, I have a few areas where I feel alone nearly every time I play it.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, I tell you what. I absolutely loathe this free to play shit. This could be such a great game, but the free to play balancing is ruining it for me.

I have ran out of revives and there is no way in hell I am forking out money to buy more. The game has turned into mobs spawning all around me and as soon as I die once it's mission failed. Seriously, fuck this slow grind balanced against everything being in a store for real money. It absolutely baffles me how people get addicted to games like this, let alone just spend away on them.

Again, this is a great game on the surface that is completely ruined by this free to play, but you have to pay or grind your ass off to win design. Pure garbage. Bring on Destiny.

Klyka

Banned
Man, I tell you what. I absolutely loathe this free to play shit. This could be such a great game, but the free to play balancing is ruining it for me.

I have ran out of revives and there is no way in hell I am forking out money to buy more. The game has turned into mobs spawning all around me and as soon as I die once it's mission failed. Seriously, fuck this slow grind balanced against everything being in a store for real money. It absolutely baffles me how people get addicted to games like this, let alone just spend away on them.

Again, this is a great game on the surface that is completely ruined by this free to play, but you have to pay or grind your ass off to win design. Pure garbage. Bring on Destiny.

Revives refill once every day and every Warframe you own has it's own 4 revives.
Also, you shouldn't ever need revives, if you do, then go at easier missions first or stop playing solo. Try not to do defense or survival missions by yourself,you will have a bad time. Just switch matchmaking to public and run with multiple people.

MAX PAYMENT

I played this on PS4 and thought it was horrible.

Then I DL the Xbox one version for the hell of it and it's almost a completely different game. What the hell? It's actually pretty awesome. Is the ps4 version different now?

Klyka

Banned
I played this on PS4 and thought it was horrible.

Then I DL the Xbox one version for the hell of it and it's almost a completely different game. What the hell? It's actually pretty awesome. Is the ps4 version different now?

yes. all versions have gotten tons of updates.

I used to play the game on PC when it first came out so like update 2 or something like that. It was fun but I stopped playing it quite quickly.

Now I come back for Update 14.5 and I have put 30+ hours into it in one week.

The game is definitely not shit.

1) Stop dying so much. I didn't use all of my revives on 90% of the days I played.
2) Revives are per warframe. Get more characters, and you get more revives.
3) This is the best example of a FTP game done right. You do not need to spend a dime to succeed. I only spent money after 50 hours of play as a "thank you" to the developers for all the fun I had.

ironcreed

Banned
Revives refill once every day and every Warframe you own has it's own 4 revives.
Also, you shouldn't ever need revives, if you do, then go at easier missions first or stop playing solo. Try not to do defense or survival missions by yourself,you will have a bad time. Just switch matchmaking to public and run with multiple people.

Yes, I have been running solo and that is where it became a problem on certain missions. Still trying to figure all of the systems out as well.

It can be fun, but I still would rather just go buy a content-packed game that is not balanced to pay or grind. However, it is good to know that revives refresh and that each Warframe has them separately. I'll still mess around with it, I was just pissed off, lol.

Klyka

Banned
Yes, I have been running solo and that is where it became a problem on certain missions. Still trying to figure all of the systems out as well.

It can be fun, but I still would rather just go buy a content-packed game that is not balanced to pay or grind. However, it is good to know that revives refresh and that each Warframe has them separately. I'll still mess around with it, I was just pissed off, lol.

You must be patient as the grass in the wind, young space ninja.

Also people, you can look forward to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG5xlhXtQRM

m23

Really liking this game now that I understand how the upgrade system works. Coop is really fun with friends and pretty challenging.

Drastic

I am really starting to feel this way too, but mainly after another broken session. Around 9pm est last night everything just died. Got several invites, never could join. Couldn't start a session, couldn't even play by myself.

It's a shame they didn't have the hardware in place for it to work during peak times for the launch week. This is a new IP (for console), and it lives or dies on first impression.

Klyka

Banned
I am really starting to feel this way too, but mainly after another broken session. Around 9pm est last night everything just died. Got several invites, never could join. Couldn't start a session, couldn't even play by myself.

It's a shame they didn't have the hardware in place for it to work during peak times for the launch week. This is a new IP (for console), and it lives or dies on first impression.

Devstream yesterday said that the Xbone version will get new hardware the next few days and that you'll have update 14.5 soon too apparently.

Some of the harder and later missions really have frame rate problems, the game is playable at low frame rates but damn is it upsetting and also annoying, 4 players and 30+ mobs all shooting it out in a room can get sub 30fps.

you have enough credits too?

Can you post a pic of the blueprint?

Some blueprints say you need 5000 of something when you only need 600, but it doesn't stop the build from taking place.

Few of my blueprints have done that to me so far.

Drastic

Some of the harder and later missions really have frame rate problems, the game is playable at low frame rates but damn is it upsetting and also annoying, 4 players and 30+ mobs all shooting it out in a room can get s.

Try turning off motion blur in video settings. It helps.

ironcreed

Banned
Finally got enough credits to buy another Warframe blueprint. Now I find that I need the parts before I can use it. Way too grindy. How do I get them?

abadguy

Banned
Played a few co op missions so far and the game is damned fun, i still haven't gotten the full hang of it yet. Your character feels a bit stiff compared to other fast paced action games, maybe it gets better when i rally master the traversal. I like the slide mechanic though. I would love to see a single player action game set in this universe.

Olde_Tyme_Ninja

Neo Member
I wish they would have put this out a few weeks removed from Destiny (either earlier or later). Everyone I know is like "whatever, destiny comes out in a few days". I am still working through the stuff in Destiny that I did in the beta but all I want to do is play Warframe.

Top Bottom