• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblin

This is part of why -zoom on rivens is so nice. Lets you more easily use those zoom mods!

If there's one thing I really like about Rivens it's that they more easily let you fit in sub-optimal but handy QoL attributes into weapons like -recoil and -zoom by allowing for up to four traits. Sort of like how DE said they wanted to revamp things for Damage 3.0 to encourage greater variety in utility mod usage before that whole idea went away.

Can't say I'm a big fan of most of the other stuff around Rivens, though.

Ahh that explains it, I was unscoping as soon as the first explosion went off because I assumed it was just gonna apply to the whole thing.Does that mean you could fire it from the hip and then scope in for the explosion to get the bonus only on the second half?

AFAIK you can totally hip-fire and then scope before a projectile hits to boost its damage. I haven't tested it with the Lenz explosion, but I expect it would work the same way.

Manzoon

Banned
The rivens are definitely the biggest surprise for me after returning to the game. That and the rate resource containers are a godsend, I'm not grinding for materials anywhere near as much as I used to.

You have got to be freaking kidding me.

I just saw the alert for the reactor and grabbed it with 6 minutes left.

Was at the very last part of the mission and the host disconnected... It kicked us back to the multiplayer menu and the alert had expired.

asdfasfsdfgdfagadf

EDIT: Aaaaaaand the next sacrifice to my syndicate is a reactor...

Manzoon

Banned
Just got my last Valkyr Prime piece (the systems) but I sure as hell don't have 15k polymer bundles, what the hell DE? Also got the last piece for Cernos Prime and Akstilleto Prime. Today was very productive.

Got a riven today from the sorties, an Amprex! The base roll isn't too shit either it is kind of weird though, just Toxin and Heat damage up. My Amprex build is so tight though that I'm going to have to consider what I ultimately want on it.

Tried farming Gene templates for kavats and found out you get a 15% chance on each scan.

Got more rivens this week and will be reaching my capacity soon.

Just got my last Valkyr Prime piece (the systems) but I sure as hell don't have 15k polymer bundles, what the hell DE? Also got the last piece for Cernos Prime and Akstilleto Prime. Today was very productive.

Tell that to Nekros Prime as well (its 12k but still a ton) LOL

Naite

Got a riven today from the sorties, an Amprex! The base roll isn't too shit either it is kind of weird though, just Toxin and Heat damage up. My Amprex build is so tight though that I'm going to have to consider what I ultimately want on it.

Tried farming Gene templates for kavats and found out you get a 15% chance on each scan.
For polymer bundles I typically use extractors on the planets that drop them. They have a decent rate of being polymer bundles and give a good amount per run without having to do anything. They build up pretty quickly if you're keep using them whenever they're done.

As for kavat genes, I would just wait for the alerts to show up. Its not worth it trying to farm.

Got more rivens this week and will be reaching my capacity soon.
I've reached and upgraded my cap twice and am one away from reaching my cap again. I just keep getting them faster than I can sell them.

For polymer bundles I typically use extractors on the planets that drop them. They have a decent rate of being polymer bundles and give a good amount per run without having to do anything. They build up pretty quickly if you're keep using them whenever they're done.

As for kavat genes, I would just wait for the alerts to show up. Its not worth it trying to farm.

I've reached and upgraded my cap twice and am one away from reaching my cap again. I just keep getting them faster than I can sell them.

Given that Lenz drop i assume your current haul is nothing to sneeze at?

Naite

Given that Lenz drop i assume your current haul is nothing to sneeze at?
I have a few dupes and some niche stuff like a crit damage nukor but I haven't had the time to sell them all. I also got a bunch of melee rivens for weapons I don't use like twin basolk, gazal machete and sydon. I also had a 240% damage machete, but i accidentally turned it into endo.

I have a few dupes and some niche stuff like a crit damage nukor but I haven't had the time to sell them all. I also got a bunch of melee rivens for weapons I don't use like twin basolk, gazal machete and sydon. I also had a 240% damage machete, but i accidentally turned it into endo.

Yikes :O

I need to start turning them and see how my luck fares (i.e it will be shit).

Oh boy razorback event! Time to farm even more polymer to make these ciphers.

LOL.

Made sense since the corpus was leading during this invasion campaign.

I wont touch it since i owe nekros and valkyr the current polymer i have :/.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
OH MY GOD I WENT IN TO GET THE LAST OF THE 12 ALU I NEEDED

ynHliQ7.png

So I've just got my first archwing. Guessing this is beyond me?

Not reaallyyyyyyy, but the best node to farm the cryptographic ALUs is on neptune

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wait the RazorBack retains its drop table from the initial event right?
Yeah so you should be able to get gorgon wraith bits as well as a chance at all the bursa mods I believe.
Nami Skyla Prime Blade going for 75-80p atm, that's still worth cashing in on even if I eventually want the weapon right?
Honestly right now sell it, all the parts are uncommon / common I believe so they'll be easy to farm for once you get enough of the new relics. It's a super strong weapon but I doubt it will stay at 80p past September.

ViviOggi

Honestly right now sell it, all the parts are uncommon / common I believe so they'll be easy to farm for once you get enough of the new relics. It's a super strong weapon but I doubt it will stay at 80p past September.

The blade is actually rare but yeah that's what I thought. Sold that shit along with a handle for 127p

Naite

Riven capacity full again. This time it's for a melee riven I actually want.
i0lISKa.png

Still rough to use with that attack speed til beserker kicks in. But it feels so satisfying one punching enemies with gaia's tragedy

Yeah so you should be able to get gorgon wraith bits as well as a chance at all the bursa mods I believe.

Already got the Gorgon, eyeing that archwing mod though...

Hmm i wasn't gonna both with this event but i will take that catalyst and he has a mod i would like to have.

But the biggest takeaway though is the ability to level my archwing equipment since its needed for this event. Should be able to get a full squad for a bit. :D

goblin

I just finished leveling the rest of my archwing gear last week. Whoops. Oh well.

I wish there was still datamining so we could see the Razorback drop rates. I only want the archwing mods, but 20 kills later and 18 of them dropped Gorgon parts.

Manzoon

Banned
I just finished leveling the rest of my archwing gear last week. Whoops. Oh well.

I wish there was still datamining so we could see the Razorback drop rates. I only want the archwing mods, but 20 kills later and 18 of them dropped Gorgon parts.

Only did my three and a buddy tagged along again, so six total for him. He got one puncture mod and all the rest were Gorgon parts. I already have a Gorgon wraith from ages ago so those drop rates for mods are not appealing.

I generally shy away from those raw damage type mods now, they are good for really specific weapons and even then I prefer elemental, so I'm not too excited to jump further into this. Would love those Arch wing dual mods but I don't have hopes for that grind.

Edit: I got a freakin Karak riven today after joking about that possibility...

Only did my three and a buddy tagged along again, so six total for him. He got one puncture mod and all the rest were Gorgon parts. I already have a Gorgon wraith from ages ago so those drop rates for mods are not appealing.

So they do drop then.

Will try to farm him a bit then but it seems like DE wants everyone to get a gorgon wraith if the current drops are anything to go by lol.

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah, no damn clue what the drop rate is, but some groups have no idea what to do in that razorback fight and it can become a huge hassle.

I just found a post on the Warframe forums, from May, where [DE]Megan said that the Gorgon Wraith parts had their drop chance increased. Looks like there were lots of weird problems with its drop table.

Link to Warframe forum

goblin

As much as it doesn't benefit me, it's probably a better overall tack with these events for them to bias toward dropping weapons over mods since that's the thing people want for MR. Hopefully the Fomorian is changed so that the Imperator Vandal Receiver isn't so rare.

It makes total sense that the thing most people would care the least about (dual stat archwing mods) are also the rarest.

PatzCU

Is Trinity Prime worth 20-30p to buy the rest of the components I don't have? I was bummed I couldn't farm it before it went into the vault. Everyone says it the best end game support frame so I was thinking it might be a frame I can't pass up.

Manzoon

Banned
Is Trinity Prime worth 20-30p to buy the rest of the components I don't have? I was bummed I couldn't farm it before it went into the vault. Everyone says it the best end game support frame so I was thinking it might be a frame I can't pass up.

A week ago I went ahead and bought the parts for 50p total, I burned through about 20 relics not finding any pieces. I'd say go for it just so you don't have to worry about it, even if you end up only using the frame for Mastery.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
What is the most expensive primary that plat can buy? It's gotta be the soma right?
The reason I ask is because the other day I realized that I have a hilarious amount of very expensive weapons so I decided to put together a load out that I have titled

"money bags prime"

I currently have wyrm prime baking in the oven since I believe that's the most expensive sentinel, I've had the full set for ages with the intent of selling it but I figured I could always use the MR plus this is just getting way too funny to me.

It also helps that this load out is actually some of the most fun I've had with the game in a while, having everything around ember CC'ed with fire quake, full status sicarus + condition overload glaive one shots almost everything. And soma prime is just a great work horse rifle that never goes out of style.

Manzoon

Banned
You need to 8 forma everything now, re-forma existing polarities too. If the wyrm prime is that expensive, then I can replicate that, we could make Bling Squad Prime.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lmfao I love it, bling squad prime.
Yeah wyrm prime is like 200p, every other sentinel is like 50-80p.

Soma P is only 200-250 but I think that makes it the most expensive one.

Don't know if this is just bad RNG but is anyone else getting Gorgon Wraith Stocks to drop? I've currently got:

8 BPs
7 Receivers
3 Barrels
0 Stocks.

Jellie

Don't know if this is just bad RNG but is anyone else getting Gorgon Wraith Stocks to drop? I've currently got:

8 BPs
7 Receivers
3 Barrels
0 Stocks.

I've done 4 runs in total.
First was piercing cal.
Second was stock
Third was Receiver
Third was Barrel
If I get another stock later I'd trader you for the BP.

Just farmed up Equinox...
Never again. I don't even want to imagine Equinox Prime

It makes total sense that the thing most people would care the least about (dual stat archwing mods) are also the rarest.

Which is hilarious since its the only mods i want from this thing so i guess its me being at the mercy of RNGGod as per usual :/.

Also fuck that Vandal receiver drop rate.

goblin

https://gfycat.com/ChillyAccomplishedFalcon

Condi overload glaive is actually just about the most fun I've had in a while, I can get 6 conditions up on a target and they can't even fight back.

I've been running Cycron/Zakti with Glaive Prime pretty consistently since dual wielding and it's been great fun. Power throwing glaives is a great mechanic and not having to quick attack before charging a throw is a nice quality of life change. I'd love to see gunblades get the same treatment.

Which is hilarious since its the only mods i want from this thing so i guess its me being at the mercy of RNGGod as per usual :/.

I'm right there with you. I'll probably throw myself at Razorback another few times before the event is up just to try my luck.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've been running Cycron/Zakti with Glaive Prime pretty consistently since dual wielding and it's been great fun. Power throwing glaives is a great mechanic and not having to quick attack before charging a throw is a nice quality of life change. I'd love to see gunblades get the same treatment.

Seriously, it's just fun to experiment with all the different weapons to see what fun combos you can do with the dual wielding your gun with the throwing weapons.So far i've tried the zakti, the sonicor, the sicarus and the atomos with a huge variety of frames like frost, ember, zephyr and volt because it's just soooo fun. It's funny how using throwing weapon's like that just feels better than exclusively equipping it lol. It almost makes me wish that DE would add a "quick secondary" function.

Where the gear menu would get remapped to Y or something and Q would be quick secondary. How stylish would it be to have access to all your weapons at once?

Manzoon

Banned

I think I'm done with this event. I'll do it again next time it comes up but it is really damn annoying.

https://gfycat.com/ChillyAccomplishedFalcon

Condi overload glaive is actually just about the most fun I've had in a while, I can get 6 conditions up on a target and they can't even fight back.

I'm right there with you. I'll probably throw myself at Razorback another few times before the event is up just to try my luck.

Zakti is one of my new favorite guns because of this, it alone is handling almost all enemies. I couldn't tell if numbers were overlaying, but it looked like it did like 250k damage at one point. I'm still getting used to not blasting myself off my feet with the glaive charged shot, haha.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Zakti is one of my new favorite guns because of this, it alone is handling almost all enemies. I couldn't tell if numbers were overlaying, but it looked like it did like 250k damage at one point. I'm still getting used to not blasting myself off my feet with the glaive charged shot, haha.

On infested with an octavia giving me the stealth buff on my team i've seen it crit for what looked like 1.1million when fully loaded with statuses.

Manzoon

Banned
Haha, the numbers flash by too fast for me to count the digits.

Also, there is a first time for everything. Was in the market buying blueprints to make the Hirudo and accidentally bought it with plat -_-

Not gonna use it of course and instantly put in a support ticket, so I should get that refunded.

Rafy

I finished the War Within this morning and did my first 3 sorties ever. With all the horror stories I've heard about sorties, these 3 were not bad at all. Luckily they weren't spy missions, cause I suck at those.

I did LOVE the War Within story though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I finished the War Within this morning and did my first 3 sorties ever. With all the horror stories I've heard about sorties, these 3 were not bad at all. Luckily they weren't spy missions, cause I suck at those.

I did LOVE the War Within story though.

Spy sorties are completely do-able if you do two things:

1. Watch a guide on Youtube first.

and

2. Play solo. Do NOT try to do Spy sorties with public groups. It'll only end in pain.

It also helps if you have a spy-friendly frame like Loki or Ivara. I have an Ivara that, stat-wise, is not cut out for sorties at all. But for solo Spy sorties she's fine as long as I rush past enemies on the way to the objectives.

Rafy

Spy sorties are completely do-able if you do two things:

1. Watch a guide on Youtube first.

and

2. Play solo. Do NOT try to do Spy sorties with public groups. It'll only end in pain.

It also helps if you have a spy-friendly frame like Loki or Ivara. I have an Ivara that, stat-wise, is not cut out for sorties at all. But for solo Spy sorties she's fine as long as I rush past enemies on the way to the objectives.

I have non-prime Loki, but only one Ivara part. I was ok with spy missions up until I encountered the ones with the moving lasers, and just noped out of there as fast as I could.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll make sure to check out the youtube videos.

Callandor

Razorback drop table, taken from DE's site:

Gorgon Wraith Blueprint Uncommon (18.97%)
Gorgon Wraith Barrel Uncommon (18.97%)
Gorgon Wraith Receiver Uncommon (18.97%)
Gorgon Wraith Stock Uncommon (18.97%)
Bore Rare (5.53%)
Piercing Caliber Rare (5.53%)
Breach Loader Rare (5.53%)
Auger Strike Rare (5.53%)
Magma Chamber Ultra Rare (1.01%)
Searing Steel Ultra Rare (1.01%)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom