• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

I just mentioned the part about me having worse luck than my friends. Well, we went to farm neural sensors from IO and Alad V. In the latter's mission immediately at the start, I see the neural sensor resource thing and hit it. I got 2, and my friend got 6.

WHY? Always unlucky LOL.

I had resource booster from login reward.

wrongway

That's bum luck!

I can spot you a copy of Flow if you'd like, just PM me and we can figure something out.

Ah man, I might have to take you up on that. I use my broken version on all my frames so far, so I was pretty thrilled to finally see the real one drop. Getting robbed by that bug sucked hard. :[

Manzoon

Banned
Tigris Prime is well worth putting a catalyst in ASAP, for sure, if you already know you like the duplex firing mode of the other Tigris models and have the four 60/60 mods needed to get it to 100% status.

Resource boosters are easily my favorite daily tribute. Unfortunately, I don't think I've gotten one since I came back. I've seen a bunch of resource drop boosters, but that doesn't help me get traces or Kuva any faster.

I have, hilariously in 1000+ hours, never used any of the other Tigris shotguns. I had no idea it was a status build either till you mentioned that, I'm at the point where weapons aren't really fun to use unless they are catalysed.

I have, hilariously in 1000+ hours, never used any of the other Tigris shotguns. I had no idea it was a status build either till you mentioned that, I'm at the point where weapons aren't really fun to use unless they are catalysed.

Honestly, I think the Sancti Tigris might be my most used primary. Fucking kills everything. I finally made the Tigris Prime and I'm thinking to myself, should I still make the same kind of build as my Sancti? Or just use my Sancti?

Jellie

Honestly, I think the Sancti Tigris might be my most used primary. Fucking kills everything. I finally made the Tigris Prime and I'm thinking to myself, should I still make the same kind of build as my Sancti? Or just use my Sancti?
Prime needs 100% status so you need the dual mods.
Santci is pure damage with health regeneration.

Honestly i should make a "x is my new friend" meme pic regarding the Santi Tigris i have been running as of late and the Lenz. Still jelly about that riven Naite got for the latter :D

Oh cool, a legendary core from today's sortie. :eek: I suppose I'll wait for Baro to stock some nice primed mod.

Congrats man and use it wisely.

Jellie

So do you recommend I just keep on with my Sancti then?

I think you need 3 of the status duel mods so if you don't stick with sancti. Also depends on your playstyle. If you are using tanks the healing is good but if you play something that can heal like a Trinity then you would probably be better off with the prime. Both are good.
Just a note I haven't played in a year and it was PS4 version so even further behind patch wise so I dunno if things have changed since. Sancti Tigris was my favourite weapon though and it one shot pretty much everything when maxed out. Currently working my way to it but I'm a long way from it on PC.

The slash procs with Tigris Prime are disgusting. It's a thing of beauty.

Both are excellent weapons. I keep the Sancti around because you can safely make a "4-shot" Tigris build without losing too much. Better for infested missions imo.

goblin

I love using the Tigris shotguns and being able to hold onto shots, but constantly reloading isn't for everyone even if you can make it faster. But if you've got the mods for it, the Tigris Prime is a ludicrous slashing monster. Lots of fun to run around with.

As mentioned by others upthread, the Sancti Tigris is well worth using, too.

Manzoon

Banned
What happened to the Tonkor? Only ever used it with Zephyr anyway.

they added self damage like all the other grenade launchers

Yeah, I brought it on one of the first missions I played when I came back to the game a couple of weeks ago, and promptly blew my face off. I didn't know what happened at first and self-killed like twice more before I realized what was going on. I had the blast radius mod on it too, haha.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, I brought it on one of the first missions I played when I came back to the game a couple of weeks ago, and promptly blew my face off. I didn't know what happened at first and self-killed like twice more before I realized what was going on. I had the blast radius mod on it too, haha.

Yeah it's not particularly fun to use anymore lol. You're better off grabbing the lenz and using that instead if you want a similar feeling weapon.

Manzoon

Banned
I have done that, and it is pretty fun! I do get Tonkor vibes from it (the nice ice proc sphere is a wonderful AOE warning), I've got 3 formas on it so far, probably going to put another on there. The fire rate mod seems pretty amazing with it, although I'm not sure about keeping that on there or dropping it for heavy caliber or hammershot.

It did seem a tad lack luster on much higher level enemies, but I might have just not had the right elemental load out. Also, I vaguely saw something about a blast damage nerf on headshots (making them not as easy to get) that happened sometime when I wasn't playing, can anyone confirm this?

Jellie

Was gonna farm some relics for hydroid prime but I forgot to save my dissertation and it froze. Last saved at 1am today and its now 10pm... Fuck me

Was gonna farm some relics for hydroid prime but I forgot to save my dissertation and it froze. Last saved at 1am today and its now 10pm... Fuck me

You could be like me and just not work on your dissertation at all to play Warframe instead. At least you had something to lose lol.

Are you flipping kidding me right now?

So there is pretty much no way I am going to be able to get maiming strike without paying stupid amounts of platinum (700-1000) or waiting for some sort of event and hopping my irl schedule is clear that day huh?

I think this is the most disheartened I've ever been with this game.

When/if that event does actually come, is it a one chance kind of thing?

VandalD

Are you flipping kidding me right now?

So there is pretty much no way I am going to be able to get maiming strike without paying stupid amounts of platinum (700-1000) or waiting for some sort of event and hopping my irl schedule is clear that day huh?

I think this is the most disheartened I've ever been with this game.

When/if that event does actually come, is it a one chance kind of thing?
It comes whenever the devs feel like it, which is not very often. That's why Maiming costs a stupid amount of platinum. Only a certain enemy drops the mod, and this enemy has to be hunted down as an event, sort of like an invasion, and then has a random chance to drop the mod you want. And yeah, the acolytes that drop Maiming Strike and Argon Scope don't even last a day from what I remember, so if you're not free when that happens, you're pretty screwed.

On the bright side, while Maiming Strike is ridiculously good, a Condition Overload build is a worthwhile alternative for most weapons, unless they have pathetic status chance. It won't melt things with a slide attack like maiming does, but at least you won't feel compelled to have a slide attack macro to spam.

I know that doesn't solve your issue though. The acolytes are like Nitain, except taken to an extreme. If you don't have lots of free time or don't work from home, I have no idea how they'd expect you to farm this stuff.

It comes whenever the devs feel like it, which is not very often. That's why Maiming costs a stupid amount of platinum. Only a certain enemy drops the mod, and this enemy has to be hunted down as an event, sort of like an invasion, and then has a random chance to drop the mod you want. And yeah, the acolytes that drop Maiming Strike and Argon Scope don't even last a day from what I remember, so if you're not free when that happens, you're pretty screwed.

On the bright side, while Maiming Strike is ridiculously good, a Condition Overload build is a worthwhile alternative for most weapons, unless they have pathetic status chance. It won't melt things with a slide attack like maiming does, but at least you won't feel compelled to have a slide attack macro to spam.

I know that doesn't solve your issue though. The acolytes are like Nitain, except taken to an extreme. If you don't have lots of free time or don't work from home, I have no idea how they'd expect you to farm this stuff.

I'm still salty TO THIS DAY that i was unable to get argon scope for like the 4(?) times that acolyte appeared. :(.

I'm unsure if she was one of them that appeared the last time (i was at work and it might have been a case of everyone killing her before i reached home :/) but its at least 2 attempts since DE had to revive her during the debut event due to some changes they had made after everyone literally farmed her to death.

there was some small comfort at least in that the other non rare mods they dropped were pretty good such as blood rush.

VandalD

They really should distribute those mods around to some other missions, like how Blood Rush and a few of the other acolyte mods are on Lua Spy. They had a great opportunity to do this when they added Kuva Fortress. Instead, there's still barely any incentive to run that tileset.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I don't want to post this somewhere I will get shit on for it, but I have to get it off my chest. After playing Warframe for 2 months, I just played the Destiny 2 beta and holy shit everything about that game feels baaaaad in comparison... All my friends that I can't convince to even try Warframe (they all tried it back in like 2013 and are convinced it still sucks) and they're all excited for Destiny 2 coming to PC. Considering a big part of the reason I started playing Warframe in the first place is because I couldn't contain my excitement for D2, I'm almost more sad about this whole situation than LWYMMD being godawful. I'm having a bad week.

I don't want to post this somewhere I will get shit on for it, but I have to get it off my chest. After playing Warframe for 2 months, I just played the Destiny 2 beta and holy shit everything about that game feels baaaaad in comparison... All my friends that I can't convince to even try Warframe (they all tried it back in like 2013 and are convinced it still sucks) and they're all excited for Destiny 2 coming to PC. Considering a big part of the reason I started playing Warframe in the first place is because I couldn't contain my excitement for D2, I'm almost more sad about this whole situation than LWYMMD being godawful. I'm having a bad week.

Why not play both? Destiny 2 will also have paid DLC in the future that will be pretty expensive, plus, both games don't exactly play the same. Warframe also gives you way more choice in how you want to play and gives you a shit load to play for, even if some of it is grinding. While the D2 beta feels pretty damn awesome, that's a first person shooter at its heart, while Warframe is third person action game with an ungodly amount of ways to play the game. Play both, you'll be happy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why not play both? Destiny 2 will also have paid DLC in the future that will be pretty expensive, plus, both games don't exactly play the same. Warframe also gives you way more choice in how you want to play and gives you a shit load to play for, even if some of it is grinding. While the D2 beta feels pretty damn awesome, that's a first person shooter at its heart, while Warframe is third person action game with an ungodly amount of ways to play the game. Play both, you'll be happy.

It's not an either/or situation. I'm saying everything about D2 felt awful to me and the beta more or less convinced me I don't want to play it at all. The shooting was generic. The enemies were bullet spongey. The level layout was Call of Duty-esque corridor shootery. The "abilities" that I had to use were like, throw a grenade, use a melee attack, or use Excalibur's Exalted Blade for 0.000005 seconds. The jumping felt floaty and unresponsive. It was just a mess compared to Warframe.

ViviOggi

I definitely missed Warframe's movement system while playing the beta, but I'm also somewhat interested in trying out the more designed loop of Destiny. The Borderlands tier class/skill system is indeed the biggest letdown for me. Obviously Bungie is targeting a mainstream audience but holy shit give your players some credit, even the most casual gamer can handle more than three classes with one skill and a superhero form each

It's not an either/or situation. I'm saying everything about D2 felt awful to me and the beta more or less convinced me I don't want to play it at all. The shooting was generic. The enemies were bullet spongey. The level layout was Call of Duty-esque corridor shootery. The "abilities" that I had to use were like, throw a grenade, use a melee attack, or use Excalibur's Exalted Blade for 0.000005 seconds. The jumping felt floaty and unresponsive. It was just a mess compared to Warframe.

Oh oh oh, then I read it wrong. My apologies.

VandalD

I gave it a shot too. I thought it played very well. But it did seem pretty shallow. I guess that's the tradeoff with Destiny. You get a much more refined, balanced game, but in many ways that just makes it boring and cookie cutter at least to me. It felt like I was just playing Halo on PC again. Destiny will never compare favorably to Warframe in terms of variety, whereas Warframe will likely never have super polished endgame content that matches Destiny's.

They really should distribute those mods around to some other missions, like how Blood Rush and a few of the other acolyte mods are on Lua Spy. They had a great opportunity to do this when they added Kuva Fortress. Instead, there's still barely any incentive to run that tileset.

Agreed.

I haven't done any Lua stuff since it first appeared so it threw me off guard when Lua styled missions appeared in sortie format. Same thing with the Kuva Fortress.

Need to try Lua Spy though just to see another faction's take on the mode plus having an idea of what to expect..

Tabby

I'm fine with the beta being limited, but man I hate how bare bones the classes and abilities feel; like, it's only melee, grenades, a class ability and an ultimate. The "skill tree" is like 10 things and that's about it.

I'm still buying the game though.

wrongway

I had a pretty similar experience when I tried the PS4 beta. I'd been playing Warframe for about a month at that point. Hopped in on PS4, and despite loving the first game (played during TTK era), I was so underwhelmed by Destiny 2 that I just played the story mission and a couple PVP games and quit out of boredom. It just didn't do anything for me at all, and it bummed me out since I'd been looking forward to the game so much.

I did the same for the PC beta last night though (story + 2 pvp games), and I was pleasantly surprised that I had a good time with it. It's still fundamentally a far cry from Warframe, but being able to play with a good framerate, a good FOV, and with MKB made it feel much more lively to me compared to my console experience. Gonna try it some more tonight and hope for the best.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Even during the event it was pretty rare that's why it's worth so much. But honestly you don't really need maiming strike. Yeah it gets you red crits galore but it's not even particularly necessary for 95% of the content you'll end up doing and even then 4% of that last chunk is only gonna be level 120-150s where you STILL don't even need maiming strike to kill things quickly. As some one else said condition overload is also pretty much as competitive for most melee builds and that mod is only 80-100p and on top of that is easily farm able (i've gotten 2 without really trying just doing uranus defense / interception fissures)

goblin

With stuff we'll never get again (Excalibur Prime, Primed Chamber, arcane helms), stuff that's currently unavailable (Supra Vandal), and stuff that's coming back who knows when (Acolytes), Warframe is not a good game to play if you have a bad case of FOMO. It's a bummer, but it is what it is.

The plus side is that none of that stuff is necessary in any way to be viable. I echo recommendations to set your sights on Condition Overload, which is a great mod that's more fun to use than Maiming Strike 'cause it lets you do things other than spam slide attacks.

I'm still salty TO THIS DAY that i was unable to get argon scope for like the 4(?) times that acolyte appeared. :(.

I'm unsure if she was one of them that appeared the last time (i was at work and it might have been a case of everyone killing her before i reached home :/) but its at least 2 attempts since DE had to revive her during the debut event due to some changes they had made after everyone literally farmed her to death.

there was some small comfort at least in that the other non rare mods they dropped were pretty good such as blood rush.

Ouch, that sucks.

If you have Bladed Rounds, it's technically higher DPS than Argon Scope. If you don't have it, it sells for peanuts by comparison.

Manzoon

Banned
I was able to get most of those weird aiming mods from a buddy, he had a second maiming strike (he only had one argon scope though, I will shamelessly mooch these mods!). Also we both got condition overload within five minutes of a survival when we tried farming it. I don't know if that was lightning striking or if it's more common than people think.

I've had a lot of stance mods drop that usually were in the realm of 'you will never see this in your lifetime' RNG when I was playing before.

goblin

Speaking of bladed rounds I've been trying to test this but I can't quite figure it out. Does it work with Lenz? I have a sneaking suspicion that it only works with the initial damage not the explosion afterwards.

Bladed Rounds only applies its bonus to damage that occurs while scoped, so you need to stay scoped during the explosion and not just the initial blast. I find it annoying to use with the Lenz.

Bladed Rounds only applies its bonus to damage that occurs while scoped, so you need to stay scoped during the explosion and not just the initial blast. I find it annoying to use with the Lenz.
This is part of why -zoom on rivens is so nice. Lets you more easily use those zoom mods!

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Ahh that explains it, I was unscoping as soon as the first explosion went off because I assumed it was just gonna apply to the whole thing.Does that mean you could fire it from the hip and then scope in for the explosion to get the bonus only on the second half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom