• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a rare part of the Vectis Prime which is kinda lucky I guess considering it was vaulted just before I returned to the game and I now have everything I need to make it.

Reading up on it though it seems like its a bit lacklustre, not sure of I want to build it now or look into selling the blueprints...

I just got a rare part of the Vectis Prime which is kinda lucky I guess considering it was vaulted just before I returned to the game and I now have everything I need to make it.

Reading up on it though it seems like its a bit lacklustre, not sure of I want to build it now or look into selling the blueprints...

build it for the mastery i say but if you want to sell now then do that and wait until it's unsealed so you get it back again.

West-side syndicates 4 lyfe. Cephalon Suda's bae.

I'll respect Perrin when their assassin teams don't go down faster than two month old babies.

So this dropped for me the other day.

latest

Trying to decide whether or not to sell it.

I say that only because I saw a few people calling it really rare and hard to find but I don't know if that's true or not. Is it?

EDIT: LOL nvm, just had the bright idea to check the market prices in these occasions.... It's trash.

What would waiting until it is unsealed do? Surely the price of the bps would drop then?

that was in relation to you deciding to sell now and the entire response was meant to address each scenario.

edited the post so apologies if it wasn't clear.

West-side syndicates 4 lyfe. Cephalon Suda's bae.

I'll respect Perrin when their assassin teams don't go down faster than two month old babies.

At least they are better than Steel's *shrug* (DE really needs to change that, maybe get some heavy gunners)

So this dropped for me the other day.

latest

Trying to decide whether or not to sell it.

I say that only because I saw a few people calling it really rare and hard to find but I don't know if that's true or not. Is it?

EDIT: LOL nvm, just had the bright idea to check the market prices in these occasions.... It's trash.

iirc there was a time where it had some demand but alas

that was in relation to you deciding to sell now and the entire response was meant to address each scenario.

edited the post so apologies if it wasn't clear.

Ah right, I understand.

I'm also close to running out of slots and still have a few weapons ready to go in my foundry. Will have to see if I get a discount voucher in the coming days.

Saprol

i run the steel/suda sigils to get the 3 left side + red veil. thinking of dropping veil so i can run hexis whenever but at the same time i like the red veil items more than hexis.

maybe later i'll just switch over to the right. everybody seems to be steel meridian anyway

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I run perrin + loka + veil.
Lemme just say tho I was not happy when perrin asked me for a nikana prime blade and loka asked me for a vauban prime helm

Ah right, I understand.

I'm also close to running out of slots and still have a few weapons ready to go in my foundry. Will have to see if I get a discount voucher in the coming days.

Yea the slots can kinda be a pain at times to deal with.

That's why i usually go slots crazy once i get some plat

i run the steel/suda sigils to get the 3 left side + red veil. thinking of dropping veil so i can run hexis whenever but at the same time i like the red veil items more than hexis.

maybe later i'll just switch over to the right. everybody seems to be steel meridian anyway

Given what was being discussed earlier this is a solid plan providing you have someone on the other side that can assist.

Manzoon

Banned
The trade channel is flooded with people trying to sell Steel Meridian rep items. Way back when I was selling Vaykor Marelocks for 40 plat, it looks like you'd be lucky to get 25 now for one.

VandalD

This is how my syndicates look right now.

It's not as efficient time-wise as just having three syndicates, but it's a good resting point between prime releases, and it was especially good for the Rhino unvault that I needed. I'd drain Loka and Perrin on relic packs for unvaultings or if there's a new prime I really want, then not worry about re-raising those until after I'm done with other stuff. I just make sure I always wear a Veil sigil and make sure I can't hit cap on both Meridian and Veil by buying a relic pack every now and then. To raise Loka and Perrin back up, I make sure Meridian is as high as it can be and put on the Humanity Loka sigil.

For Hydroid Prime, I'll probably just keep using up Meridian and Veil rep for relics. I'm not excited about any part of that pack, and re-raising Loki and Perrin can take a while since you have to make sure Meridian rep doesn't tank.

I don't think I'd recommend this for someone brand new to syndicates. It's quicker to get what you want if you just pick two or three, then betray them later to get other stuff. It also becomes a bit more feasible to have four syndicates when you raise your MR since that increases your daily rep cap. Until you do that, you pretty much have to run syndicate missions to get decent rep per day.
The trade channel is flooded with people trying to sell Steel Meridian rep items. Way back when I was selling Vaykor Marelocks for 40 plat, it looks like you'd be lucky to get 25 now for one.
It makes sense. SM does have the best weapons overall, with RV following them up, and so I'd think most people would recommend them to start with. For a while, before its nerf, Secura Lecta was dominating trade chat since it gave so many extra credits per kill.

Edit: wrong weapon

Still, kogake is good. Hirudo eats its lunch though.

I was just gonna ask then saw this lol.

What is considered the best sniper rifle in the game and what is needed for it to become that way?

I have a rubico, vectis prime, vulkar, lanka and a snipetron. Just wanted one for whenever a sortie requires it and also to free up some space

Vectis Prime is generally considered among the best sniper rifles due to its high base damage, good crit stats, high status chance, and rapid reload speed. It plays like a bolt action rifle making charged chamber a good companion mod along with critical and base damage mods. Status elemental mods are a solid option as well.
Rubico has better crit stats, but the base damage is much lower so it doesn't really work as well unless you get a riven for it.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lol I forgot that speed increased reload speed. I guess my 300% speed volt might become my new tigris prime frame. It's essentially a 1 second reload like this.

Had a really cool group of peeps for my first ever Vault run session who where really patient and where willing to show me the ropes. We ended up having a great time. Here is my haul.

cOqdTLG.jpg

How'd I do?

I was really only looking for fleeting expertise in the beginning.

EDIT: I just realized that fleeting expertise isn't showing up there for some reason but I did get like 3 of them.

You got all the important vault mods. That's awesome man.

Now just farm up the endo to max them!

Hot tip, make two Fleetings, one maxed and one R4 (one from the top, 10 drain). Do the same for Streamlines. That way you can hit the cap without adding extra duration and mod energy drain, if you don't use a blind rage.

What is considered the best sniper rifle in the game and what is needed for it to become that way?

I have a rubico, vectis prime, vulkar, lanka and a snipetron. Just wanted one for whenever a sortie requires it and also to free up some space

I would consider the Vectis Prime to be the "easiest" of the best snipers to use because of hitscan, and the only mods that it really needs are typical crit build mods. However the Lanka is probably the true best, with Gas Lanka builds utterly melting even sortie level enemies outside of Elemental Enhancement conditions. Here's what I would consider a "starter" lanka build and you just replace Terminal Velocity with Thermite Rounds for the Gas build. It might also be worth considering replacing Malignant in that first build with the Perrin augment, if you get good at shooting down flying enemies, but that's a niche version of Lanka use.

Finally got the damn Lenz. I can't tell if that's secretly the best weapon in the game or the worst. It's definitely the funniest. So many amazing ways to blow yourself (along with everything else) up in close quarters. Also, Ivara using the Lenz is beyond fantastic.

Rafy

Question, do we have the ignis wraith researched in the clan? I saw that only certain clans were awarded the research during an event earlier this year.

VandalD

Question, do we have the ignis wraith researched in the clan? I saw that only certain clans were awarded the research during an event earlier this year.
No we don't. The clan was really dead at the time, so we had no chance to get into the higher ranks.

Naite

Hirudo is nice, but I like Prisma Obex for sparing weapons myself. Love that crazy status/crit chance.
I ditched crit/combo mods on mine and went full status + a damage/elemental riven. Tears through higher level mobs a bit faster, but cant use with naramon (I use zenurik anyways).

Well it happened again. This time on a defense mission.

It's really strange because the game runs perfectly fine for some time. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all when I play. It just happens at random.

Could happen 10 minutes into the game, other times i'll play for some hours and nothing happens.

Temps and fan speeds are low, then suddenly, it just kicks the fans into overdrive like it's trying to kill itself.

I really don't know what to do.

Vectis Prime is generally considered among the best sniper rifles due to its high base damage, good crit stats, high status chance, and rapid reload speed. It plays like a bolt action rifle making charged chamber a good companion mod along with critical and base damage mods. Status elemental mods are a solid option as well.
Rubico has better crit stats, but the base damage is much lower so it doesn't really work as well unless you get a riven for it.

I would consider the Vectis Prime to be the "easiest" of the best snipers to use because of hitscan, and the only mods that it really needs are typical crit build mods. However the Lanka is probably the true best, with Gas Lanka builds utterly melting even sortie level enemies outside of Elemental Enhancement conditions. Here's what I would consider a "starter" lanka build and you just replace Terminal Velocity with Thermite Rounds for the Gas build. It might also be worth considering replacing Malignant in that first build with the Perrin augment, if you get good at shooting down flying enemies, but that's a niche version of Lanka use.

Thanks for the responses and i'll check these out

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Thanks for the responses and i'll check these out

Vulkar Wraith was just available from baro this weekend and I consider it to be the most "comfortable" sniper to use.

Between the fact that you get a syndicate mod to go along with it (the proc increases your scoped damage by 60% which is crazy good as well as heals you to near full hp while dealing 1000 corrosive damage in an AoE), it's also got 8 shots to the mag and 3 scope ranges so at the 2.5x you can comfortably use it at close range. It's damage is pretty nuts too, i've had mine to 71k crits on sortie 3 enemies. This makes it in my opinion the most versatile sniper in the game as well as my favorite to use. The down side is you need at least 2 forma in it lol and it's got a hefty reload time.

I feel like I'm really falling behind on mods. What are the absolute must farm mods if I'm at Uranus that will carry me a bit further?

Well what do you have already?

Max out your Serration/Hornet Strike/Pressure Point mods. Any mod that has multishot properties too. Play some Void missions and pop open containers, you might find rare mods that are very useful.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like I'm really falling behind on mods. What are the absolute must farm mods if I'm at Uranus that will carry me a bit further?

Okay so this is a list of mods that are what I would consider required to own because they work well on 90% of builds. Anything listed under bonus are mods that you have to go out of your way to get in most situations, while the others should be relatively farm-able / you probably own already.

Warframe: Continuity, Streamline, Intensify, Flow, Power Drift, Cunning Drift, Constitution and Stretch.
Auras: You'll want to have steel charge, physique, energy siphon and a corrosive projection. So you have an aura for each polarity.
Bonus: Get quick Thinking and Rage they're very good for a lot of frames.
Double bonus: You're gonna want corrupted mods too but these come later, they are overextended, narrow minded, transient fortitude and blind rage.

Primary: Serration, Split chamber, Vital Sense, the 90% elemental damage mods and the 60% damage 60% status elemental mods.
Bonus: For shotguns you want to have Point Blank, Blaze, Seeking Fury and Hell's Chamber

Secondary: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, the 90% elemental damage mods, 60% status 60% elemental damage mods.

Melee: Pressure Point, Fury, Reach, Organ Shatter, True Steel, the 90% damage mods, and the 60/60 mods.
Bonus: This is where it gets a little expensive but you REALLY want to get a Berserker, Blood Rush, and Drifting Contact or Body Count since these mods are part of the large bulk of builds that are insanely strong on melee.

This is just off the top of my head but I think this is a pretty good list of mods that make up the bones of most builds in the game.

Okay so this is a list of mods that are what I would consider required to own because they work well on 90% of builds. Anything listed under bonus are mods that you have to go out of your way to get in most situations, while the others should be relatively farm-able / you probably own already.

Warframe: Continuity, Streamline, Intensify, Flow, Power Drift, Cunning Drift, Constitution and Stretch.
Auras: You'll want to have steel charge, physique, energy siphon and a corrosive projection. So you have an aura for each polarity.
Bonus: Get quick Thinking and Rage they're very good for a lot of frames.
Double bonus: You're gonna want corrupted mods too but these come later, they are overextended, narrow minded, transient fortitude and blind rage.

Primary: Serration, Split chamber, Vital Sense, the 90% elemental damage mods and the 60% damage 60% status elemental mods.
Bonus: For shotguns you want to have Point Blank, Blaze, Seeking Fury and Hell's Chamber

Secondary: Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, the 90% elemental damage mods, 60% status 60% elemental damage mods.

Melee: Pressure Point, Fury, Reach, Organ Shatter, True Steel, the 90% damage mods, and the 60/60 mods.
Bonus: This is where it gets a little expensive but you REALLY want to get a Berserker, Blood Rush, and Drifting Contact or Body Count since these mods are part of the large bulk of builds that are insanely strong on melee.

This is just off the top of my head but I think this is a pretty good list of mods that make up the bones of most builds in the game.

This is a very good list. This post is now what I will be referring people to whenever they ask a similar question.

Almost feel like it should be in the op. I think it's really helpful.

wrongway

What the actual fuck. I was just doing the little ayatan treasure run mission. On my way to the treasure room, I finally got a regular copy of Flow. Pretty awesome. So then I get to the end, run the treasure room, pick up the statue... and instead of the mission status updating to complete, it immediately failed. No Flow, no statue. Reran the mission and it worked fine, just like every other time I've done it.

I don't even. :(

What the actual fuck. I was just doing the little ayatan treasure run mission. On my way to the treasure room, I finally got a regular copy of Flow. Pretty awesome. So then I get to the end, run the treasure room, pick up the statue... and instead of the mission status updating to complete, it immediately failed. No Flow, no statue. Reran the mission and it worked fine, just like every other time I've done it.

Was someone else playing with you? I've often found 2 ayatan rooms in the same map at least on derelict.
Perhaps someone else was running the other one and failed?

Other than that, that is terrible luck.

Had a really cool group of peeps for my first ever Vault run session who where really patient and where willing to show me the ropes. We ended up having a great time. Here is my haul.

cOqdTLG.jpg

How'd I do?

EDIT: I just realized that fleeting expertise isn't showing up there for some reason but I did get like 3 of them.

Nice. You can sell those mods as they are still in high demand. Transient fortitude and Blind rage can sell for a lot of plat if they are maxed.

You need duplicates for Blind rage. One maxed out and one leveled only once, since sometimes you will min/max efficiency and strength, where efficiency caps out at 75% and you go above that by having maxed out streamline and fleeting expertise (you can use a level one or two blind rage to get max efficiency and a bit of strength).

wrongway

Was someone else playing with you? I've often found 2 ayatan rooms in the same map at least on derelict.
Perhaps someone else was running the other one and failed?

Other than that, that is terrible luck.

Noper, just doing some lazy solo play before calling it a night. Just an amazingly well-timed bug, I guess. rip

goblin

That's bum luck!

I can spot you a copy of Flow if you'd like, just PM me and we can figure something out.

Manzoon

Banned
So I finally got a rare sorties reward today, an Exilus Adapter. This is after getting around 5 Ayatan Statues and that 4,000 Endo reward.

Got all the components for the Tigris Prime while trying to farm up Akstilleto (one receiver away) and Nekros Prime pieces (just need the blue print!), thinking about just buying a catalyst instead of waiting for one...

I'm pretty happy at the huge number of resource boosters I've gotten as log in rewards, really helpful for all this Kuva I'm dumping into this one Opticor Riven I have. Also 8 orokin cells from one Rukk run to feed all my new primes.

goblin

So I finally got a rare sorties reward today, an Exilus Adapter. This is after getting around 5 Ayatan Statues and that 4,000 Endo reward.

Got all the components for the Tigris Prime while trying to farm up Akstilleto (one receiver away) and Nekros Prime pieces (just need the blue print!), thinking about just buying a catalyst instead of waiting for one...

I'm pretty happy at the huge number of resource boosters I've gotten as log in rewards, really helpful for all this Kuva I'm dumping into this one Opticor Riven I have. Also 8 orokin cells from one Rukk run to feed all my new primes.

Tigris Prime is well worth putting a catalyst in ASAP, for sure, if you already know you like the duplex firing mode of the other Tigris models and have the four 60/60 mods needed to get it to 100% status.

Resource boosters are easily my favorite daily tribute. Unfortunately, I don't think I've gotten one since I came back. I've seen a bunch of resource drop boosters, but that doesn't help me get traces or Kuva any faster.

Vulkar Wraith was just available from baro this weekend and I consider it to be the most "comfortable" sniper to use.

Between the fact that you get a syndicate mod to go along with it (the proc increases your scoped damage by 60% which is crazy good as well as heals you to near full hp while dealing 1000 corrosive damage in an AoE), it's also got 8 shots to the mag and 3 scope ranges so at the 2.5x you can comfortably use it at close range. It's damage is pretty nuts too, i've had mine to 71k crits on sortie 3 enemies. This makes it in my opinion the most versatile sniper in the game as well as my favorite to use. The down side is you need at least 2 forma in it lol and it's got a hefty reload time.

Will check this out as well. I dont have the augment mod but i should be able to get one.

Now there are 3 snipers to check out lol

cOqdTLG.jpg

How'd I do?

Finally saw the picture and

thats-good.gif

Congrats on the haul.

Also +1 to Not SpaceGhost's (you say you are not but i don't believe you :p) post about what mods to have

Void container runs are a really great source for essential mods. The only caveat is that you can't get all the mods from T1 missions, so you need to make your way to the later void branches. But the capture/exterminate missions can be done quickly and it's fun to check all the rooms even when you know where the secrets are. I wish there were more reasons to go to the void tileset.

Void container runs are a really great source for essential mods. The only caveat is that you can't get all the mods from T1 missions, so you need to make your way to the later void branches. But the capture/exterminate missions can be done quickly and it's fun to check all the rooms even when you know where the secrets are. I wish there were more reasons to go to the void tileset.

Yeah I wish I grinded those early. I had trouble getting rare mods from the void secret rooms. I don't remember exactly, but was it quick thinking and rage? I remember doing HOURS of survival with Nekros+Hydroid and some mods that ancients drop NEVER dropped at all. Like they had ridiculous drop rates.

Either that or I am super unlucky (very common theme now LOL). Most of my friends never came close to the number of RNG rolls I had and they got the mods AND spare parts to sell. Loki prime systems, Nova prime systems and the rare void mods were just..ugh. Never got them on my own; Loki was changed into a piss easy drop, just bought nova after 2 year break and finding it got vaulted, and got gifted quick thinking.

Currently grinding trinity before it gets vaulted. I had a radiant VAULTED relic that drops the BP and Scindo blade as the rarest drop. Yeah I got the blade instead. I ran flawless/radiant relics for like 8-10 tries now and no luck. Heck I even had some friends with the same relic and no luck. I bought a set for 60p and I am working on getting a spare one to gift my friend and sell another one hopefully (after vaulting).

Yeah I wish I grinded those early. I had trouble getting rare mods from the void secret rooms. I don't remember exactly, but was it quick thinking and rage?

I believe Rage is one of the mods you can't get from the first void tier. I found it in Ukko (T3 capture).

Currently grinding trinity before it gets vaulted. I had a radiant VAULTED relic that drops the BP and Scindo blade as the rarest drop. Yeah I got the blade instead. I ran flawless/radiant relics for like 8-10 tries now and no luck.

Akstiletto Prime parts seem to be impossible to get for me. The RNG keeps running circles around them. Got the Trinity parts though.

I just mentioned the part about me having worse luck than my friends. Well, we went to farm neural sensors from IO and Alad V. In the latter's mission immediately at the start, I see the neural sensor resource thing and hit it. I got 2, and my friend got 6.

WHY? Always unlucky LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom