• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

goblin

So Limbo seems impossible to play to full effectiveness in pugs. Everything I do screws my teammates over but if I don't do it I'm incredibly squishy...

Limbo pops up a lot in Mobile Defense sorties where people just use Cataclysm + Stasis to cheese the whole thing. Your team doesn't have to do much to contribute, but it doesn't really screw them in any way.

I was recently in an interception for the first time since coming back to the game, and there was a Limbo. Apparently at some point since I last played, they gave him a power that freezes all enemies in his bubble and makes it so they can't be damaged. Great job!

It stops 300 (or less, depending on the weapon) projectiles, but you can still melee. Or you can force it to end by shooting a lot to spite the Limbo player, I guess.

It stops 300 (or less, depending on the weapon) projectiles, but you can still melee. Or you can force it to end by shooting a lot to spite the Limbo player, I guess.

Yeah and if the point gets destroyed because all the enemies are free, that's on you, not the Limbo who did his job.

Sincerely, Salty Limbo Fan

Man. All of a sudden it seems like I'm at the point where one or two parts will get me a new Prime frame. For the longest time I was thinking how hard it was to get frames, let alone prime variants and now I'm basically cooking a Prime a day. Feels good fam. Bout to take my Nek out of the oven right now and test out my first hard earned Prime.

Also just threw a Banshee Prime in the oven today. Curious to see how she tastes.

EDIT: That was supposed to be a correlation to cooking just so nobody gets the wrong idea... I've seen glances of the... stuff... floating around the interweb.

Limbo pops up a lot in Mobile Defense sorties where people just use Cataclysm + Stasis to cheese the whole thing. Your team doesn't have to do much to contribute, but it doesn't really screw them in any way.

Yeah and if the point gets destroyed because all the enemies are free, that's on you, not the Limbo who did his job.

Sincerely, Salty Limbo Fan

I usually go outside and kill them from there *shrug*

After using him i kinda like his dash that takes him into the rift, seems like a nice way to get out of immediate trouble

Manzoon

Banned
I'm a fan of Limbo, just haven't used him since they changed his powers. That Stasis is annoying when I want to actually shoot stuff and get drops, and this person had some pretty massive range on their power. I was Nova Prime on an Interception, so it felt a bit redundant.

I didn't realize they could still be meleed, I thought I tried that and nothing happened. *shrug*

On a different note, I got my Dual Kamas Prime after a gruelling grind, not gonna bother with that kubrow collar, although maybe I'll buy one...

Naite

tmXXhhG.png

So yea... I think my Opticor is gonna collect some dust for a while.

Lots of enemies are dying just to the arrows rather than the explosion. Combine that with the added multishot and heavy caliber, and the arrows spread apart further creating even wider explosions

VandalD

Ok, so before I start, is the grind for Dual Kamas Prime worth it? Should I do it just for Mastery?
Dark Split-Sword is decent compared to Dual Kamas Prime, but wouldn't say better. It's close enough. Prisma Dual Cleavers are flat out better IMO, with higher crit chance, crit damage, and status. DKP are worth it for the mastery at least.

Lots of enemies are dying just to the arrows rather than the explosion. Combine that with the added multishot and heavy caliber, and the arrows spread apart further creating even wider explosions
That's a pretty great riven. Would be hard to reroll better than that. The negative status doesn't hurt it at all. If only crit damage was in place of that electricity.
I'm a fan of Limbo, just haven't used him since they changed his powers. That Stasis is annoying when I want to actually shoot stuff and get drops, and this person had some pretty massive range on their power. I was Nova Prime on an Interception, so it felt a bit redundant.

I didn't realize they could still be meleed, I thought I tried that and nothing happened. *shrug*
I can appreciate Limbo being around in harder missions, but bringing him to your regular grinding missions just feels like a hindrance. If they made Stasis not affect ally gunfire then he'd be a lot less of an annoyance for me. I guess this is why the regular Banish is still in the game, but Cataclysm is much easier and safer to use.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Man. All of a sudden it seems like I'm at the point where one or two parts will get me a new Prime frame. For the longest time I was thinking how hard it was to get frames, let alone prime variants and now I'm basically cooking a Prime a day. Feels good fam. Bout to take my Nek out of the oven right now and test out my first hard earned Prime.

Also just threw a Banshee Prime in the oven today. Curious to see how she tastes.

EDIT: That was supposed to be a correlation to cooking just so nobody gets the wrong idea... I've seen glances of the... stuff... floating around the interweb.

Yeah with warframe you kind of just start to hit critical mass at some point. I remember the absolute struggle it was for me to get things crafted at all, and then one day i realized i had a ridiculous amount of crafting materials. The new relic system is also a lot more rewarding than the old key system. The only key system greatly favored endless runs but the relic system means you're always getting something.

Manzoon

Banned
gotta make sure you're on the same plane as the enemies

Do you mean the Limbo player can melee them, or other players as well? I was not playing as Limbo, in the big bubble, trying to melee enemies that were frozen in there.

Prisma Dual Cleavers are flat out better IMO, with higher crit chance, crit damage, and status.

I can appreciate Limbo being around in harder missions, but bringing him to your regular grinding missions just feels like a hindrance. If they made Stasis not affect ally gunfire then he'd be a lot less of an annoyance for me. I guess this is why the regular Banish is still in the game, but Cataclysm is much easier and safer to use.

Yeah, I was just getting them for Mastery, I hadn't bothered looking at stats. I have some Prisma dual cleavers from ages ago, nice to know they are still good.

Pretty sure I had stumbled upon like three other players and I was the rando (le gasp!), the interception was already in progress when I joined. I wouldn't use that power playing with randos, the lowest I go is playing ember to eat up all the affinity for my focus, I've definitely seen people get pissy at that.

So jelly right now. D:

I can finally build a Latron wraith so that's cool.

VandalD

Do you mean the Limbo player can melee them, or other players as well? I was not playing as Limbo, in the big bubble, trying to melee enemies that were frozen in there.

Pretty sure I had stumbled upon like three other players and I was the rando (le gasp!), the interception was already in progress when I joined. I wouldn't use that power playing with randos, the lowest I go is playing ember to eat up all the affinity for my focus, I've definitely seen people get pissy at that.
You can melee enemies in stasis, as long as you are also in the rift. Enemies just won't appear to die properly until stasis is turned off.

I can understand people getting pissy about Ember. It really depends. If you go to someplace like Hydron and expect no one to bring a frame that can clear out rooms with just its powers, then you're doing it wrong. If you go to Io, Jupiter or some such, then I think maybe it's a bit more rude to come in with an Equinox or Ember and just sit in the middle instantly killing everything. Io is where I farm meso relics, but it can have newer players that probably just want to play the game, not just stand around leeching. I try to stick to solo when I'm running Equinox or Ember for wide-area auto death. Though for stuff like void fissures, I assume everyone's there to be done and get out with their reward, so I don't mind doing that kind of thing there. As long as enough reactant is popping up, anyway.

Welp someone said that turning on Vsync fixed their issue of getting a black screen along with fans going into overdrive so I'm going to try it out.

I don't mind a little bit of input lag if it means I can actually play the game so I'm hoping it works out.

Manzoon

Banned
You can melee enemies in stasis, as long as you are also in the rift. Enemies just won't appear to die properly until stasis is turned off.

I can understand people getting pissy about Ember. It really depends. If you go to someplace like Hydron and expect no one to bring a frame that can clear out rooms with just its powers, then you're doing it wrong. If you go to Io, Jupiter or some such, then I think maybe it's a bit more rude to come in with an Equinox or Ember and just sit in the middle instantly killing everything. Io is where I farm meso relics, but it can have newer players that probably just want to play the game, not just stand around leeching. I try to stick to solo when I'm running Equinox or Ember for wide-area auto death. Though for stuff like void fissures, I assume everyone's there to be done and get out with their reward, so I don't mind doing that kind of thing there. As long as enough reactant is popping up, anyway.

Usually what I try to do on those low level relic farming is to bring a good gun that can carry, and then a frame and two other weapons to level. I'll usually only bust out the big stuff if things start getting out of control. I've seen a number of ember players sit down on the defense point and just go afk, which seems pretty shitty behaviour.

I'm still weirded out at how dominant ember is now, she trivializes so much of the game content.

Got a pretty good haul recently. I was doing endless-farming with a pub, in which we got 4 Nikana Prime Blueprints in a row. All from intact relics.

Wow, reminds me of a few months ago. But seriously, I've been using so many radiants lately and getting no rares that it's been pissing me off.

I usually don't do anything lower level anymore especially with her or other frames that can destroy a group.

Either that or i run them solo.

If its higher level or relic runs i try to finish it as quickly as i can or provide CC since the higher level enemies wont be instantly decimated by her 4.

Usually what I try to do on those low level relic farming is to bring a good gun that can carry, and then a frame and two other weapons to level. I'll usually only bust out the big stuff if things start getting out of control. I've seen a number of ember players sit down on the defense point and just go afk, which seems pretty shitty behaviour.

I'm still weirded out at how dominant ember is now, she trivializes so much of the game content.

Eh she starts to crumble at higher levels and by that time those are the missions you should be concentrating on so i don't see it as a big deal tbh *shrug*

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Just cashed in all my prime junk and came up with around 2k ducats. Not sure I will have enough for everything I want to buy so I might have to blitz some relics today if he's got a bunch of stuff I want.

Everything Baro has today, other than the booster and the fireworks, is good. Must buys are your Primed Reach and the Shotgun/Pistol mods as those are currently only available through Baro.

Everything Baro has today, other than the booster and the fireworks, is good. Must buys are your Primed Reach and the Shotgun/Pistol mods as those are currently only available through Baro.

Yep, definitely going to farm for some ducats this weekend to get the rest of the mods I don't have. I have at least 2 or 3 of the elec ones and I know I don't have the Prisma Shade.

Yea if it wasn't for the fact i already have them i would be feasting right now.

Might do the usual and get dupes for the mods.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Bought EVERYTHING. Baro cleaned me out again. Needed that primed reach for my Orthos sooo bad.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Thankfully I already had all the 60/60 electric mods from events and farming them normally. But primed reach, prisma shade and VULKAR WRAITH WHICH I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FOR MONTHS BECAUSE REGULAR VULKAR IS LIKE MY FAVORITE SNIPER IN THE GAME!!!!! Cleaned out my wallet pretty hard especially after maxing primed reach.

I have just enough cash to start doing some index lol, pretty happy to get a great baro, it's been a while.

VandalD

I don't like you.

But seriously, I'm not sure what mod I'd take out of Lesion for a riven. It'd have to at least replace a dual stat elemental while it also has something else. More base damage I guess. It'd have to be a really good roll, to the point where I'm not sure I'd care. Lesion slaughters anyways. Faint rivens haven't felt worth the effort for me. The rivens I like the most, for Supra Vandal, Kohm, and Zenith, are ones that have at least normal disposition.

I've got a couple questions for you all:

1. I'm really strapped for even small amounts of plat (mostly for weapon slots, since I really don't want to sell my weapons). Is Prime Access worth it? I'm not getting any good daily deals (20% yesterday), so I'm wondering if it's a good way to get a good infusion of plat that'll last me a while.

2. I have a Frost Prime blueprint from an event when I played years ago. Problem is, I don't have the blueprints for the components, and apparently you can't get them anymore. Should I just sell it to Baro or a player?

3. Any tips for finding Cephalon Fragments? I have all the planets unlocked, but haven't completed the relays (they were added after I played last), and I'm struggling to find some for the Phobos junction.

1. I'm really strapped for even small amount of plat (mostly for weapon slots, since I really don't want to sell my weapons). Is Prime Access worth it? I'm not getting any good daily deals (20% yesterday), so I'm wondering if it's a good way to get a good infusion of plat that'll last me a while.

2. I have a Frost Prime blueprint from an event when I played years ago. Problem is, I don't have the blueprints for the components, and apparently you can't get them anymore. Should I just sell it to Baro or a player?

3. Any tips for finding Cephalon Fragments? I have all the planets unlocked, but haven't completed the relays (they were added after I played last), and I'm struggling to find some for the Phobos junction.

1. It depends if you like the other stuff included as well ie. an already built prime warframe and its weapons (if you buy the pack with all three) without grinding. Also you can get the exclusive accessories (providing you went with that package)

2. Best to sell to a player since you can get plat . Also Twitch Prime is giving away a Frost Prime already built if you sign up and link your warframe account to it.

3. Find and equip the thief's wit mod as it will allow you to see all crates etc on the map. It will also mark the fragments.

VandalD

1. I'm really strapped for even small amounts of plat (mostly for weapon slots, since I really don't want to sell my weapons). Is Prime Access worth it? I'm not getting any good daily deals (20% yesterday), so I'm wondering if it's a good way to get a good infusion of plat that'll last me a while.
I don't think it's worth it. That's why I haven't bought a single prime access yet. That's really up to you. I only buy plat when I get at least a 50% discount, but what you really want is the 75%. Can understand wanting plat and not getting the discount.
Just keep it. Maybe eventually you can get the remaining blueprints or even trade for them. Selling parts to Baro for things which you haven't made yet is kind of a waste, IMO.
I forget if it's enemy radar or loot radar that makes them show up on your minimap. I think it's loot radar. Put on a maxed Thief's Wit and that should make finding them a lot easier.

I don't think it's worth it. That's why I haven't bought a single prime access yet. That's really up to you. I only buy plat when I get at least a 50% discount, but what you really want is the 75%. Can understand wanting plat and not getting the discount.

Just keep it. Maybe eventually you can get the remaining blueprints or even trade for them. Selling parts to Baro for things which you haven't made yet is kind of a waste, IMO.

I forget if it's enemy radar or loot radar that makes them show up on your minimap. I think it's loot radar. Put on a maxed Thief's Wit and that should make finding them a lot easier.

yea its loot radar

goblin

Any mod with loot radar will do the trick for Fragments, so Animal Instinct on a companion works too.

The real most exciting thing from Baro is finishing the Ki'teer Foros set with leg plates.

Ember's my most played frame by virtue of running her for solo Syndicate, Invasion and key/relic farming, but I never play her in public matches because many of the places she's most effective have a lot of lower MR players and, yeah, they're probably not in lazy farm mode quite yet. On the other hand, I don't really mind getting grouped up with an Ember or Equinox who just wants to steamroll -- except in low level Fissure Defense where I've been in multiple matches with some max range WoF Ember who AFK'd and reactant starved all of us.

Vay hek is a utter joke with a Lenz now

might be too stronk :O

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If we all just collectively stop talking about the Lenz, DE will forget they released it and nerf something else instead.

Manzoon

Banned
Eh she starts to crumble at higher levels and by that time those are the missions you should be concentrating on so i don't see it as a big deal tbh *shrug*

That was why I said most content, anything below level 40 just melts, regardless of faction. Saryn was the main choice for this kind of stuff ages ago. DE seems to be moving away, and redesigning, all the frames that had simple giant win buttons like that. I'm sure an Ember redesign is in the pipeline.

Loki, Nova and Vauban are my real go to frames for late game content.

Saprol

So how long did it take for you guys to get all Equinox parts?

A few nights spent running Regor. Not nearly as many as that. Still need that last Ivara piece though...

Some runs were pretty funny. Low HP pubs dying in the water because they didn't preemptively jump to the high ground after the 2nd phase.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I dropped 40p on a three day affinity booster two days ago and so far i have used like 14 forma. Up next is the amprex, i am gonna build this for my hall of malevolence mirage but i think it needs at least 3 forma. Anyone have any build suggestions for it?

Saprol

I dropped 40p on a three day affinity booster two days ago and so far i have used like 14 forma. Up next is the amprex, i am gonna build this for my hall of malevolence mirage but i think it needs at least 3 forma. Anyone have any build suggestions for it?
The usual crit mods + corrosive elements. It's also a laser so I think you're good to use Heavy Caliber without downside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom