• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few nights spent running Regor. Not nearly as many as that. Still need that last Ivara piece though...

Some runs were pretty funny. Low HP pubs dying in the water because they didn't preemptively jump to the high ground after the 2nd phase.

I've put this off for a while and now I had a good enough Rhino+Hek that I could solo Tyl Regor quickly without any real effort. I'd have lost my sanity trying to do this with pubs.

The Ivara spy grind also took enough time for me to start calculating probabilities.

wrongway

Played through Natah and The Second Dream last night so I could get to Baro on Pluto. That got surprisingly cool in a big hurry. Some real nice music, too (This is What You Are is a great track).

Now I just need to farm up a little more cash and I'll be able to collect all of Baro's mods this trip. I can definitely use each one of those. :eek:

Manzoon

Banned
Up next is the amprex, i am gonna build this for my hall of malevolence mirage but i think it needs at least 3 forma. Anyone have any build suggestions for it?

I have mine forma'd four times, 3 madurai (V) and 1 naramon (-). You could get away with three, but I wanted metal auger on there for the huge crazy punch through chains. Sinister Reach is great for extending the chains as well.

Not sure about Heavy Caliber on it, I've never liked putting it on beam weapons, stuff behaved funky at times, I don't know ow if that has been changed or not. I wanted those red crit head shots with the Amprex.

Saprol

I think my amprex has ammo mutation on it because my polymer goes to energy restores. This was before the carrier updates with ammmo pack though i can probably drop it now

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have mine forma'd four times, 3 madurai (V) and 1 naramon (-). You could get away with three, but I wanted metal auger on there for the huge crazy punch through chains. Sinister Reach is great for extending the chains as well.

Not sure about Heavy Caliber on it, I've never liked putting it on beam weapons, stuff behaved funky at times, I don't know ow if that has been changed or not. I wanted those red crit head shots with the Amprex.

Yeah I'm a little unsure if I wanna put heavy caliber on it, it barely adds more damage than an elemental damage mod and it's SOOO MUCH capacity. Plus I don't get the additional status, which helps if i'm doing gas fuckery.

K08W1sr.png

With a maxed heavy cal the damage goes to about 98 or so. I am still gonna froma it a 3rd time to be able to max sinister reach because that mod helps out a lot. This weapon is hilarious with mirage though, entire rooms just become lightning and I feel like screaming UNLLIMMIITTEEEDDD POOOWWWAAHHHH all the time

Just hit MR13. Looking at the requirement for MR14 shows 67k needed, that's over 22 weapons I'd need to level (since I've already done most of the non-prime frames). I can't imagine how much is needed to go from MR23 to MR24 or how many weapons it would require to level all the way to MR24.

Just hit MR13. Looking at the requirement for MR14 shows 67k needed, that's over 22 weapons I'd need to level (since I've already done most of the non-prime frames). I can't imagine how much is needed to go from MR23 to MR24 or how many weapons it would require to level all the way to MR24.

From what i have noticed for 24 you need almost everything which should be around ~395 give or take. The actual amount for everything i've seen is 401 and that's excluding Excal prime and his kit (Lato Prime and Skana Prime).

Manzoon

Banned
I feel like screaming UNLLIMMIITTEEEDDD POOOWWWAAHHHH all the time

You should try using Metal Auger a few times, being able to hit people through corners and doors does some amazing stuff with that weapon. I want to say it did some funky stuff like hitting the same enemy multiple times, so you got way more bang for your buck than it seems.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
You should try using Metal Auger a few times, being able to hit people through corners and doors does some amazing stuff with that weapon. I want to say it did some funky stuff like hitting the same enemy multiple times, so you got way more bang for your buck than it seems.

Oooh I might drop bladed rounds for that, bladed rounds only really comes in handy when the enemies are getting to be rather high level. Most of the time with hall of malevolence mirage + sinister reach I can just point the thing at the other end of the hall and everything vanishes.

From what i have noticed for 24 you need almost everything which should be around ~395 give or take. The actual amount for everything i've seen is 401 and that's excluding Excal prime and his kit (Lato Prime and Skana Prime).

Sounds like it will be a while before they introduce MR25 then since it would require a lot of new weapons/frame to be put into the game.

Oooh I might drop bladed rounds for that, bladed rounds only really comes in handy when the enemies are getting to be rather high level. Most of the time with hall of malevolence mirage + sinister reach I can just point the thing at the other end of the hall and everything vanishes.

The way beam weapons work, Shred will end up being a better investment of mod energy if you want to go the PT route. Personally the extra damage from it is more situational than Bladed Rounds, but it's certainly workable.

Manzoon

Banned
There might have been some dumb reason I was using Metal Auger over Shred, although I might have been using both. I'll have to check (I was just on and only glanced at the polarties, the rest of my vision just glazed over).

I slapped another forma on my Panthera and Shred was definitely the way to go for it.

Nearly done with my longest streak of fissure missions for ducats in order to afford all of that electric goodness + Primed Reach. Always wanted a good electric sword, but do they put these electric 'too good to cost so little' status/chance mods in drop lists? Nooooo, all they give me is a million fire/frost ones, and I'm honestly tired of having Blast on all of my weapons because of it.

Also I'm 99% done leveling every weapon I can possibly build from the marketplace. The only ones left are Knell and Zarr. I'll need to join a clan soon if I want to continue progressing. Only took 360 hours to reach this point :weary:

Nearly done with my longest streak of fissure missions for ducats in order to afford all of that electric goodness + Primed Reach. Always wanted a good electric sword, but do they put these electric 'too good to cost so little' status/chance mods in drop lists? Nooooo, all they give me is a million fire/frost ones, and I'm honestly tired of having Blast on all of my weapons because of it.

Also I'm 99% done leveling every weapon I can possibly build from the marketplace. The only ones left are Knell and Zarr. I'll need to join a clan soon if I want to continue progressing. Only took 360 hours to reach this point :weary:

If I might ask, what was your farming method? Bout to try to do the same. It's just that I am low on credits... Hopefully I'll be fine once I'm done farming.

VandalD

Is really worth it to put 6 Forma into building a icy tank Chroma?
I don't think Chroma's worth any effort. There are other frames who can take a hit just fine as well as either being good at killing enemies outright, or putting them in finisher state, or doing CC. Chroma also has the weakness of needing to build up his defenses about every minute when his buffs fall off. By the time you can actually build Chroma, you will have at least one other better option.

If I might ask, what was your farming method? Bout to try to do the same. It's just that I am low on credits... Hopefully I'll be fine once I'm done farming.

For fissures? I just waited for my preferred mission types in the fissure list: defense or exterminate. Both are quick and the objectives not annoying, almost auto-pilot missions, especially if you have an ember or something on your team.

Hope you have 1+ million credits btw. I went from 2.5 million to 830k after buying and upgrading everything. Also, RIP to my ayatan sculptures sacrificed to Maroo. Only have 14 or so left.

So this was my first Riven.

SzqYxBi.png

Any good? I haven't used that gun yet.

For fissures? I just waited for my preferred mission types in the fissure list: defense or exterminate. Both are quick and the objectives not annoying, almost auto-pilot missions, especially if you have an ember or something on your team.

Hope you have 1+ million credits btw. I went from 2.5 million to 830k after buying and upgrading everything. Also, RIP to my ayatan sculptures sacrificed to Maroo. Only have 14 or so left.

Is it considered bad form to hang out in fissure missions without relics active? I need to both farm relics and void traces and would rather not do them separately.

Is it considered bad form to hang out in fissure missions without relics active? I need to both farm relics and void traces and would rather not do them separately.

Personally didn't mind as I was playing them if someone did that, because I was just farming for trash to sell for ducats, which I assume most people doing fissures right now are up to. Didn't matter to me whether I had 3 or 4 choices at the end.

Personally didn't mind as I was playing them if someone did that, because I was just farming for trash to sell for ducats, which I assume most people doing fissures right now are up to. Didn't matter to me whether I had 3 or 4 choices at the end.

My only problem last night was people not sticking around for more than one round. I was trying to farm bere and it was like pulling teeth.

Then, in recruitment, everyone wanted a specific role and would just leave as soon as I said that I was farming relics or asked what they meant by,"role." I tried for an hour last night and people just kept leaving.

Some really impatient people.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Is really worth it to put 6 Forma into building a icy tank Chroma?

Nah, you can get close enough to the full effect without a single forma in it. Also ice chroma just isn't very fun. You take a lot of damage and you deal a lot of damage but it's just not very satisfying to play.

My only problem last night was people not sticking around for more than one round. I was trying to farm bere and it was like pulling teeth.

Then, in recruitment, everyone wanted a specific role and would just leave as soon as I said that I was farming relics or asked what they meant by,"role." I tried for an hour last night and people just kept leaving.

Some really impatient people.

Oh, I don't bother with any of the chats except trade. Public search, find a group, play. Literally every group I play with is competent enough to not even need me there. 90% of the time not a word is said and we'll go three or so rotations before extraction. Leave group, search for a new one.

Alright, so long story short I'm an idiot and wasn't doing the syndicate stuff till now.

I just made rank three and here are my offers,

nUaz7qC.png

What do?

Is the relic pack any good? How rare are those parts? I was thinking about taking the sigils because I wanted to rank fast to get Nek and Banshee's mods.

Thanks fam, that's what I thought.

Another question.

If I join another apposing syndicate and get de-ranked in this one, if I join back up do I get the rewards again for going through the ranks?

Just wondering if it's possible to get both sigils and have them both on at the same time.

Alright, so long story short I'm an idiot and wasn't doing the syndicate stuff till now.

I just made rank three and here are my offers,

nUaz7qC.png

What do?

Is the relic pack any good? How rare are those parts? I was thinking about taking the sigils because I wanted to rank fast to get Nek and Banshee's mods.

Sigil, always sigil while ranking up.

The wiki has a pretty good explanation of it. You can pretty easily max out three of them, or four if you want to juggle sigils a bit (a safe one and another you have to watch your rep gain so you don't go too negative with another).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Syndicates

iirc you can do 5 but the juggling would be ridiculous

for 4 its just a matter of running syndicates that will give the half penalty instead of full penalty and also use the main syndicate to string along the allied syndicate.

So eg. to get say red veil just run steel meridian exclusively but if you want suda + hexis as well just run suda since you get a half penalty on red veil instead of the full amount if you ran hexis.

Strider

Hit mastery rank 8 today and went to purchase/craft the lenz only to find out fieldron takes 12 hours to make... I did not plan accordingly for this weapon lol Gonna be a few days until all 10 of those are finished up....

I did get really lucky this morning though and got the saryn prime chassis on the very first roll despite it being the rare drop... Only had 2 relics that contained it too. That was the last part I needed to craft the frame so I'm happy about that.

Manzoon

Banned
iirc you can do 5 but the juggling would be ridiculous

Yeah, I don't recommend doing this. I tried really early on and screwed it up pretty bad when I forgot which sigils were on which frames, and did some long defenses and survivals, tanking some syndicates that I then had to dig out of the red.

Even four has been a bit of a pain in the ass, my arbiters rep gain is so painfully slow and I still don't have all the weapons from them.

Calabi

Hit mastery rank 8 today and went to purchase/craft the lenz only to find out fieldron takes 12 hours to make... I did not plan accordingly for this weapon lol Gonna be a few days until all 10 of those are finished up....

I did get really lucky this morning though and got the saryn prime chassis on the very first roll despite it being the rare drop... Only had 2 relics that contained it too. That was the last part I needed to craft the frame so I'm happy about that.

If you do invasion missions they sometimes give Fieldiron that you dont have to build.

Yeah, I don't recommend doing this. I tried really early on and screwed it up pretty bad when I forgot which sigils were on which frames, and did some long defenses and survivals, tanking some syndicates that I then had to dig out of the red.

Even four has been a bit of a pain in the ass, my arbiters rep gain is so painfully slow and I still don't have all the weapons from them.
Yeah, 3 syndicates is generally your best bet. I lucked out since my gf plays and she went with the 3 syndicates I don't have. We shared weapons, parts, and mods that way.

I saw it after the fact, looked at that efficiency percentage and said fuck that shit. LOL

Yea it can be slow but i'm fine with that amount of managing

Yeah, 3 syndicates is generally your best bet. I lucked out since my gf plays and she went with the 3 syndicates I don't have. We shared weapons, parts, and mods that way.

this is best way to deal with it and should be the first option if possible .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom