• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer Online Open Beta IS GO. Unless you're European. GOA says LOLOL

Won

Trax416 said:
People should be happy the problems are being fixed now, instead of launch, like most MMO's.

Then again, an entire new set of problems could happen at launch. :lol

Ahhh just wait for the first real retail patch.....we sure will have fun with that. :D

I mean everything that could possible go wrong, has gone wrong so far. Luckily for GOA most got stuck at the register part, so barely anyone witnessed slow patch downloads, invalid keys and servers going up too late. :lol

Hooker

Yup, the first time I did it, they forgot to mask the password. When I reloaded, they fixed that part, but still not able to validate

Hooker

Spin forever and ever and ever

UPDATE
This morning we explained to you that a new system would be coming for open beta key validation. We are pleased to announce that this is now online. For the moment this system is open to people who either already have a beta centre account on war-europe or those who created an account yesterday and have received a confirmation email. Those of you who have not yet had the chance to create an account must wait a little longer and to you we apologise for the delay.

To use the new system, if you are one of those who created your account yesterday, then first you must validate your account by following the link on the confirmation email if you have not already done so. Once you have done that, or if you already have an account on the war-europe site, then you should go to our new key validation page which you will find here. Once there you will put your account details in including your key and submit it. This will be checked via an asynchronous process and an email will be sent after a short time to either confirm your registration or to inform you of any errors.

Thank you for your patience so far.​

Aeris130

I have an account, but my activation page is empty.

Edit* Hey, the login box is up.

Edit2* Nope, gone again.

Edit3* Ho hum, main news page shows up on the new adress.

Edit4* Authentication service suspended? Why yes please.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hooker said:
Spin forever and ever and ever

UPDATE
This morning we explained to you that a new system would be coming for open beta key validation. We are pleased to announce that this is now online. For the moment this system is open to people who either already have a beta centre account on war-europe or those who created an account yesterday and have received a confirmation email. Those of you who have not yet had the chance to create an account must wait a little longer and to you we apologise for the delay.

To use the new system, if you are one of those who created your account yesterday, then first you must validate your account by following the link on the confirmation email if you have not already done so. Once you have done that, or if you already have an account on the war-europe site, then you should go to our new key validation page which you will find here. Once there you will put your account details in including your key and submit it. This will be checked via an asynchronous process and an email will be sent after a short time to either confirm your registration or to inform you of any errors.

Thank you for your patience so far.​
well instead of the link i said, i used the link from there. and it doesn't spin for ever and ever, but i get an error:D ... D:

Wes

venison crêpe
Anyone remember the world of warcraft launch, and you couldn't get past the character create screen.

Someone made a webpage with a screen of an undead character on screen and a Pink song playing in the background, what was that song!

Atrophis

Haha so people still cant make new accounts. So we are basically exactly where we were at 8.30 yesteday morning :lol

31 hours and still not fixed.

i was liek wtf

Neo Member
Wes said:
Anyone remember the world of warcraft launch, and you couldn't get past the character create screen.

Someone made a webpage with a screen of an undead character on screen and a Pink song playing in the background, what was that song!
eu launch was pretty much ace as far as i remember. though it was some time later than us

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wes said:
KEY ACTIVATED
holy fucking shit

xcueiu.jpg

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Well I'm off to the shops, need to wait for auth. for the patcher. If anyone gets on, remember the servers

Karak-Hirn - Chaos
Karak-Norn - Order

Hooker

Hmm, got it activated as well. I had no spinning at all with the final attempt. But patching is still out of the question

TheExodu5

Banned
Are there still any beta keys out there? I'd love to try it out, but am not exactly willing to pre-order a game which I know nearly nothing about.

Wes

venison crêpe
Seeing as I activated first out of everyone here and IRC I demand I get my mail first so I log into the patcher before it crashes :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Hooker said:
Hmm, got it activated as well. I had no spinning at all with the final attempt. But patching is still out of the question
so patching is down? i'm at work, so i can't do it anyway.

was there no way to upload to patch to a torrent?

Hooker

TheExodu5 said:
Are there still any beta keys out there? I'd love to try it out, but am not exactly willing to pre-order a game which I know nearly nothing about.
PM sent

Wes said:
Seeing as I activated first out of everyone here and IRC I demand I get my mail first so I log into the patcher before it crashes :lol
Meh, I've tried the hardest :p

Won

Congratulations to the activations! Now crash the patch server and then the game server! Only 5 days left to crash everything!

Top Bottom