• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. reportedly wants Radcliffe for Harry Potter & Cursed Child film trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

WARNER BROS. REPORTEDLY WANTS DANIEL RADCLIFFE FOR HARRY POTTER SEQUEL MOVIE

While Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe has made it clear he'd like to distance himself from his breakout role, Warner Bros. is reportedly looking to bring J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Cursed Child stage play to the big screen and wants Radcliffe to star.

According to New York Daily News, the studio hopes to release the film as early as 2020, with one source telling the outlet that "Warners is secretly working on getting the movie rights and a screenplay settled, and of course in their minds only one man should be Harry."

The source went on to say that Radcliffe has no intention of reprising the role "anytime soon," which "could be until he hits 40." Thanks to his recent success in other films and Broadway performances, he's in no hurry to return to the character, "so he will need some persuading," according to the Daily News' sources.

Additionally, the outlet has heard that Warner Bros. is looking into creating a storyline centered around Harry's son, with the intention of possibility turning it into an entirely new film trilogy.

Hexa

I'm sure he can be persuaded.

U0bfg3.gif

a916

Judging from the positive response of that play, bring it on.

(I would assume the first movie is what the play is, and then the other two movies happen to take place after)

i'm honestly surprised they haven't simply started remaking the movies

Give me a TV show where the books can breath.

xfactor99

Can't wait for the movie about James Potter and Sirius Black's run-in with Policeman Anderson and Sergeant Fisher.

Or the movie on the Malfoys or McGonagalls based off of their Pottermore bios.

I actually would watch the shit out of a Malfoy or McGonagall movie

Ridley327

Radcliffe has been really enjoying how much he's been able to spread his wings as an actor, and that Potter money sees to it that he'll keep doing those kinds of roles for the time being. I would be amused to see him quote a price that's frankly ridiculous to see how desperate WB is for him to reprise the role.

How is this a shocker. As soon as the play was announced we knew hollywood wanted that sweet money.

Should wait a bit longer than 2020 tho. Let Radcliffe age more.

Seesaw15

Trilogy?I'm smelling the Hobbit levels of bullshit. Just make one movie WB though I'm sure Rubert Grint would like the paycheck.

Radcliffe has been really enjoying how much he's been able to spread his wings as an actor, and that Potter money sees to it that he'll keep doing those kinds of roles for the time being. I would be amused to see him quote a price that's frankly ridiculous to see how desperate WB is for him to reprise the role.

What he might not understand is that he could probably make like 30-40 mil a movie if he controlled the terms right, which he would

How is this a shocker. As soon as the play was announced we knew hollywood wanted that sweet money.

Should wait a bit longer than 2020 tho. Let Radcliffe age more.

Just dunk his face in some canola oil or somethin, that'll do it

you can't bring back other originals and just replace the biggest character. Just replace everyone, other British actors need to eat also

What he might not understand is that he could probably make like 30-40 mil a movie if he controlled the terms right, which he would

his agent is currently negotiating with WB as we speak, don't get it twisted, WB will be forced to make an offer Potter couldn't refuse

actually you know what? just get the guy playing Potter on the West End rn to do it

he already looks the part and is likely a better actor

People immediately say "oh just give him more money", but when you're already a rich actor, money becomes less of a concern than for the rest of us plebs (unless you only care about making more money), especially when you already make good money in the first place.

Radcliffe has all the leverage in the world, and he knows it. Given his success, I don't think he has any interest in devoting more time to the Harry Potter universe.

Ridley327

Like I said, I hope he does realize this, just to see how much WB will grit their teeth when he goes all "Jack Nicholson in Batman" on their asses.

I feel like he told his managers to get him scripts that were the polar opposite to Harry Potter. I doubt he's going back any time soon.

a916

Trilogy?

Man fuck WB. They did this shit with The Hobbit too. The executives there don't have a fucking clue.

Judging from the behind the scenes video, I'm pretty sure the Hobbit was more screwed by that late change in direction/directors than anything.

his agent is currently negotiating with WB as we speak, don't get it twisted, WB will be forced to make an offer Potter couldn't refuse

Like I said, I hope he does realize this, just to see how much WB will grit their teeth when he goes all "Jack Nicholson in Batman" on their asses.

WB doesn't mind showing the money tbh, they'll totally give him whatever he wants if he'll anchor the trilogy again. I could see him do it.

I feel like he told his managers to get him scripts that were the polar opposite to Harry Potter. I doubt he's going back any time soon.

Is this like when Elijah Wood started eating people and getting into soccer hooligan gangs

Harpuia

I think they should wait a bit before tackling this. It's supposed to be an older Harry. It'd be cooler if they all came back 10/20 years later and did this.

I'm sure he can be persuaded.

U0bfg3.gif

Radcliffe, after seeing how much he'd be offered for the role: "Everything's going to be OK.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom