• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros. reportedly wants Radcliffe for Harry Potter & Cursed Child film trilogy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the non-paraphrased version of what the Raddest of Cliffs said :p
"It is a tricky one. You never want to close a door on anything, especially something that has been so good to me."
"At the moment I am definitely not at a stage where I would feel comfortable going back to it," Radcliffe added. "Who knows in ten and 20 years if I would feel differently about that? I think I have still got a little while for me to be age appropriate for this."
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...child-jk-rowling-swiss-army-man-a7203396.html

Sanjuro

You're part time, Harry.

wMfr8OR.jpg

Pilgrimzero

Add Harry dong stuff as an Auror. Tracking down clues about The Cursed Child etc Fight a dark wizard etc. Wrap it all into the main plot of the book.

Maybe it would help with his assholeishness

The only possible reason why I would ever want to see a movie of this is to see the Trolley Witch's true form. Other than that, this is awful and I'm glad Radcliffe sounds like he is sweeping this aside.

I'm really clueless as to how Rowling came up with the story for this crap when her other recent work on Pottermore is much better.

Edit: Even if she didn't come up with all the details, I dunno why she gave the OK for them.

Lijik

I felt like aspects of Cursed Child would have worked better as a third entry in a series. It was so hard to care about Albus since they jump right into angsty teen

Cover his first two years at Hogwarts and rework CC and id be down

FyreWulff

This is gonna be expensive. He's going to get them to write Emma and Redhair McThatguy into it to get them a payday too. As friends do.

As someone who liked all the Harry Potter novels...this thread made me just go to wikipedia to read the summary for the play....

Holy shit, that is fucking awful sounding. Every part of it sounds like a god damn piece of shit. I don't need a film trilogy of this.

How are they gonna persuade Rupert Grint to come out of his ice cream van?

Edit: Is Fantastic B(r)easts supposed to be a trilogy or is it just a spinoff trilogy with B(r)easts just being one of the three films? A one-off, if you will.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'd rather see Warner invest in a Harry Potter TV series.

Have each season be 8-10 episodes, and cover a single book. There's a lot of content in the books that never made it to the film's (which I do love), that I think it could be awesome flesh it all out in television. Release it on a premium channel or a subscription service like Hulu, Netflix, or Amazon, and give it a healthy budget of a few million per episode (like 1-5 million for the simpler episodes, and 5-10 million for the epic season finale style episodes. Try to keep each season around or under $100 million).

The DCCU isn't going to be the moneymaker they want it to be, but Potter fans haven't had any bridges burned yet.

kswiston

2020 doesn't exactly seem soon and isn't this play supposed to be beyond stupid?

I doubt it would actually be 2020. Fantastic Beasts 3 is tentatively releasing that year, and WB isn't going to have two potterverse films out in the same year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom