• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 PC performance thread

Truant

Getting this after I activated the game from Steam and pressed Play.

2rIMNUJ.png

I can't seem to find a code anywhere. I got a box that said Watch Dogs 2 items had been added to my Uplay account, but I can't find the game in my library.

termickkk

Neo Member
So you've got it unlocked already then?

Yes. I played it for a bit. I had to locate the folder of the game because after setting up VPN connection uplay asked to Install game, as if it dissappeared. So I selected locate and chose my preload folder. After veryfing files, done. Ready to play.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Getting this after I activated the game from Steam and pressed Play.

2rIMNUJ.png

I can't seem to find a code anywhere. I got a box that said Watch Dogs 2 items had been added to my Uplay account, but I can't find the game in my library.

Uplay is supposed to look up your Steam licence and automagically register the game to your account, but it hasn't been moved to the new system, and Ubi didn't provide Valve with keys as there's supposed to be no need for them.

eero94

Yes. I played it for a bit. I had to locate the folder of the game because after setting up VPN connection uplay asked to Install game, as if it dissappeared. So I selected locate and chose my preload folder. After veryfing files, done. Ready to play.

What country you used to unlock it?

b0bbyJ03

Will follow this thread. Thanks to all the brave men and women out there willing to go in blind on open world Ubi games. We salute you. Hopefully you will be rewarded with high FPS. May god have mercy on your rig.

Ubi has direct control over this sort of stuff and the game unlocked in SEA almost an hour ago.

it's not easy pressing the big red release button! ;)

I've got another 2 hours of work, then gotta help a mother-in-law sort a new internet package. crazy lady is paying £45 a month for 4mbps connection.

Truant

Uplay is supposed to look up your Steam licence and automagically register the game to your account, but it hasn't been moved to the new system, and Ubi didn't provide Valve with keys as there's supposed to be no need for them.

So, I just have to wait?

Adam M

This can't be downloaded just yet as the app is still private. Good lord, Ubi. Get your ducks in a row before releasing a game.

Oh I can already visualize the negative Steam reviews because of the separated high res pack :/

PS: Your profile pic is awkward :D

JaseC

I find it a little silly to complain about shit not being ready when you use a VPN to access it earlier than they expect you to.

You're misunderstanding the situation. The game has officially released in South-east Asia but nobody can access the Steam version or download its high-res texture pack.

Dr Dogg

Yeeeah, I imagine this might be the reason no activation or CD keys are happening...

There's 3 sets of subs for Watch Dogs 2 with another 1 each of the Standard and Gold versions. 2 of them have Asia Uplay activation appid's (558381 for both subs) with the other subs having an unknown app with appid's 558382 and 558380. Guessing they are your activation credentials and if you don't have that particular licence on your Steam account it's not going to show.

Edit: Links and stuff:-

https://steamdb.info/sub/110633/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/110634/apps/

https://steamdb.info/sub/110632/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/110631/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/110618/apps/
https://steamdb.info/sub/110617/apps/

JaseC

What countries are supposed to be able to access the game at this point?

Added ReleaseStateOverrideCountries – BD BT BN KH HK ID LA MO MY MN MM NP PH SG TW TH VN IN
Added ReleaseStateOverride – released

Yeeeah, I imagine this might be the reason no activation or CD keys are happening...

There's 3 sets of subs for Watch Dogs 2 with another 1 each of the Standard and Gold versions. 2 of them have Asia Uplay activation appid's (558381 for both subs) with the other subs having an unknown app with appid's 558382 and 558380. Guessing they are your activation credentials and if you don't have that particular licence on your Steam account it's not going to show.

Ah, yeah, I noticed that a little while ago but couldn't see anybody in the Steam Community hub playing the game. Looking at Steam Charts, though (which I didn't think to do until now), almost 800 people are playing the game, so the lack of activation app is definitely the issue.

Well, I broke my sleep schedule and now I'm up at 1am. The good news is that WD2 is out here in Australia, so I've got the High-res texture pack downloading as well as the new Nvidia driver.

My specs:
i5-4690K 3.50GHz (stock)
16GB RAM
GTX 1080

I'll try cranking everything except MSAA up and see how it all goes at 1440p.

JaseC

Well, I broke my sleep schedule and now I'm up at 1am. The good news is that WD2 is out here in Australia, so I've got the High-res texture pack downloading as well as the new Nvidia driver.

My specs:
i5-4690K 3.50GHz (stock)
16GB RAM
GTX 1080

I'll try cranking everything except MSAA up and see how it all goes at 1440p.

Not if you have the Steam version as Ubi's lumped in AU and NZ with Europe.

Isn't that what "temporal filtering" was?

It renders the game at half your nominated resolution per axis and applies an upscaling method plus 2x MSAA, apparently.

Can't get flyvpn to work. Tried connecting to Thailand servers and Australia, but uplay still shows WD2 as Preloaded. Any tips for vpn unlock?

JaseC

Can't get flyvpn to work. Tried connecting to Thailand servers and Australia, but uplay still shows WD2 as Preloaded. Any tips for vpn unlock?

It seems you have to point Uplay to the game's installation directory to trigger a release state update.

ISee

I'm able to unlock the game (UPlay) via Hong Kong. High Texture Pack DLC also works (downloading now, 1.78gb).

d00d3n

It seems you have to point Uplay to the game's installation directory to trigger a release state update.

How do you point Uplay to the game's installation directory? I am also having trouble unlocking via VPN. Steam says that the game is merely pre-loaded irrespective of what country I choose. This is with the Steam version purchased from Sweden.

Top Bottom