• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

majik13

Yeah I would be highly skeptical of the e3 WD demo. Generally speaking it was way to smooth. Not talking about framerate, but just how the camera moves and character moves which is a huge red flag for being scripted. Sort of like the FC3 video. But we will see

Amir0x

Banned
Yeah I would be highly skeptical of the e3 WD demo. Generally speaking it was way to smooth. Not talking about framerate, but just how the camera moves and character moves which is a huge red flag for being scripted. Sort of like the FC3 video. But we will see

i don't even understand the point of this really. the people who will watch these early videos are generally hardcore game fans, and when they find out it's bs there's going to be some backlash

so is the supposed benefits worth the downsides?

majik13

i don't even understand the point of this really. the people who will watch these early videos are generally hardcore game fans, and when they find out it's bs there's going to be some backlash

I guess hype for short term gains, and that there is somethign to be said for first impressions.

Fjordson

At Ubisoft they are quite shameless about this stuff, remember the bullshots for Assassin's Creed Liberation?

acl1711kis.jpg

acl14b3j6k.jpg

acl162jkz3.jpg
What the :lol Ubisoft really doesn't give a single shit.

Maxrunner

You mean like A LIE INS???yes there was some backlash...lol

I think the past week or so has shown that Ubisoft doesn't give one shit about backlash.

Ridley327

Those AC3:L bullshots are on a Colonial Marines scale of utter lies. The actual game is one of the roughest-looking Vita games out there. Even the models don't exist on any level; the alligator, for example, looks like it came from the N64 in the final release.

iboR0k5Aj6ppLK.gif

Next-gen straight into my veins.

It saddens me to learn that this will now be downgraded for current generation consoles. I had hoped to see this as a launch title for the next generation hardware, as a showcase title of things to come, but the news of it being on all platforms, is quite frankly devastating.

Seance

Banned
All home consoles is vague as all shit. If full HD doesn't mean full HD, "all home consoles" could as easily exclude the WiiU. But I guess I missed the WiiU logo on the poster. Smartasses.

Eideka

Banned
It saddens me to learn that this will now be downgraded for current generation consoles. I had hoped to see this as a launch title for the next generation hardware, as a showcase title of things to come, but the news of it being on all platforms, is quite frankly devastating.

Why ? It will look just as good on PS4/720.

EDarkness

I'll be picking this up on the Wii U if it gets released. The only thing I would really like is IR shooting with the phone stuff on the Wiipad. Either way I'll support them if it turns out well.

All home consoles is vague as all shit. If full HD doesn't mean full HD, "all home consoles" could as easily exclude the WiiU. But I guess I missed the WiiU logo on the poster. Smartasses.

-That Gamestop Wii U release database leak
-People with strong Ubisoft connections (in this very thread even) hinting as such
-Why would they skip it? If there's versions for PS3 and 360 why leave it out when the game is still far away? Again, the Wii U userbase will be far bigger than the orbis/durango userbases when the game is released.

Kouriozan

So everything = vague now.
Ok.
And there isn't PS360 logo either, would that mean PC only?

Why ? It will look just as good on PS4/720.

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts that Ubisoft will bother doing as good of a job with the PS4/next xbox versions if they also intend to release the game on PS3 and 360.

They'll boost the textures some and maybe stabilise the frame-rate among other little touches, but the game won't be as visually stunning on those new consoles. It might on PC, but we'll have to wait for a sequel, if there is one, to see what the game would like look when untethered from 7 year old tech.

Eideka

Banned
I hope you're right, but I have my doubts that Ubisoft will bother doing as good of a job with the PS4/next xbox versions if they also intend to release the game on PS3 and 360.

They'll boost the textures some and maybe stabilise the frame-rate among other little touches, but the game won't be as visually stunning on those new consoles. It might on PC, but we'll have to wait for a sequel, if there is one, to see what the game would like look when untethered from 7 year old tech.

No I don't think there is anything to worry about with regard to the graphics on the next-gen versions. If they are releasing WD on so many platforms you can bet your ass that they have the ressources to do so.

The E3 2012 footage of Watch Dogs is definitely impressive but I would be very disappointed if the PS4/720 couldn't handle such graphics at 1920x1080.
Am I in for a rude awakening ? Perhaps but I want to believe, people are seriously downplaying what next-gen consoles will be able to achieve.
The current-gen versions (PS3/360) will be massively downgraded of course but it's clear that WD is not a game designed with them in mind, PC/720/PS4 is where it's at.

Hindle

Banned
Ubi are brilliant at making games that blows everyone away when you first see them, but then you play and it's revealed what you saw was a facade and the actual game is repetitive, boring, and relies on a gimmick that's used way too often.

jet1911

Game looks amazing most impressive next gen game, by the time current gen are done with it, expect it to look nothing like that.

Incoming Downgrade!

Well that was PC footage. It's possible that they had to downgrade the visuals to make it run on Orbis/Durango.

Well that was PC footage. It's possible that they had to downgrade the visuals to make it run on Orbis/Durango.

Honestly I doubt it'll be too noticeable.
Then again GTA on current consoles looks fucking horrible so maybe these games need as much power as they can get.

Huh? Ubisoft are amazing at animation (see AC3/ Blacklist). There is nothing in the demo that stood out to me as BS.

AHA-Lambda

I've got such a niggling, horrible feeling that this will be a colossal disappointment.

Same. I just don't trust ubisoft's reliance on this strict open world design they've made up for Assassin's Creed and applied it to other open world games like Far Cry.

It might look amazing but will it play any better than your average AAA game now? Will it be any different from Assassin's Creed with hacking power ups? Of course, I'd love to be wrong, cos it does look great.

Certinty

Really hope this does come out on the next PS or/and Xbox.

Will buy it on the PS3/360 anyway but would love this game on a next gen system so badly, this game deserves next gen from the E3 demo.

Really hope this does come out on the next PS or/and Xbox.

Will buy it on the PS3/360 anyway but would love this game on a next gen system so badly, this game deserves next gen from the E3 demo.

It boggles the mind why people would think it's not for Next-Gen and that it isn't gonna look like that on those new consoles.

An open world game that looks pretty but is full of worthless side activities? It is ubisoft after all.

Yup playing through Far Cry 3 right now, was amazed at first but now 6 hours in i have realized they have just took the supply drop, wanted dead, hunting and main missions and copy and pasted them over a huge map along with spreading out the collectibles.

i mean it was the same in assassins creed 2 but at least that game had a compelling story. why do all ubisofts games feel the same? Beautiful looking, yet completely hollow, and with no SOUL.

not really looking forward to watch dogs at all anymore.

majik13

Huh? Ubisoft are amazing at animation (see AC3/ Blacklist). There is nothing in the demo that stood out to me as BS.

I didnt mean animation per say. An Ubi is very well known for Bullshoting, even with videos. You have to remember that the game is being played with analog sticks, and button prompts. Which never lends itself very well for cinematic presentation. Moving a camera with thumbsticks is never very elegant.
Also when a character goes from ducking behind a car, to sliding over a car, to pulling out a gun and firing, I am going to bet the actual retail game will not look as smooth and transition as seamlessly, and look as perfect and cinematic as we saw in the demo.

Usually from human error or the just the mode of button input their will be hitches, and the game may not handle animation transitions as smoothly. I mean you can see all these similar things in the FC3 demo comparison.

I would love to be surprised and wrong, but I not expecting it.

Top Bottom