• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

Binabik15

But the Genesis uses impressive blast processing technology, making it the definitive version.

Sega does what Nintendon't.

I'm reaaaaally shocked that this is a cross-gen title. Screws owners of both over and sells to the largest audience possible, just what execs like.

Was anyone expecting this to not be cross-generational? Even aside from the userbase issue, the demo did look better than any open-world title on current HD consoles, but not by such great leaps and bounds that I couldn't imagine it being downgraded a bit for PS3/360/(Wii U?).

I just read it as keeping in line with what has been said before. non-specific platforms until they can go ahead and say exactly what it'll be on (once all platforms exist). It doesn't seem to point to anything more or less than the last update on it.

I imagine this has been slated for the Wii U for a while.

But I think its fair to question at this point whether Ubisoft will just cancel the Wii U version.

If a Wii U version was already in development, I don't think Ubi will abandon the platform that quickly. Maybe next year, if this year's multiplats bomb on the system. But they did stick with GC for quite a while.

AOC83

Banned
I can´t imagine how terrible this is going to look on 36/PS3/WiiU in comparison to the next gen versions.

Levyne

Banned
I'm definitely hyped for it. Won't be buying a new console just for this though. Could easily see snagging one for a 3/4 games if there are other must haves coming this holiday.

My pc can probably out perform the 360/ps3 version but not the next-gen goodness.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We've also recently heard that Watch Dogs was originally a Driver game. We've asked Ubisoft for comment both on that and the console situation, and we'll update should we hear back.
Ubisoft has some of the most bizarre development cycles.

Protocol7

Can't wait to see this on PC (superior version! /taunt I want the next gen consoles too but hey... :p), this is going to be awesome!

I really do wonder if they will do somewhat enhanced PS4/Nextbox versions.

Well, I think that is pretty obvious. They aren't going to sell the EXACT SAME GAME as the 360 or Ps3 version and slap a next gen label on it. I would assume the graphics would be completely upgraded at least.

Linkhero1

I think it says "All consoles" because they can't officially say Orbis/Durango yet.

They could have just said "coming to home consoles". They put "all" in there for a reason. ;)

If there indeed is a Wii U version and it ends up not being canned, I'll consider getting that version.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I imagine this has been slated for the Wii U for a while.

But I think its fair to question at this point whether Ubisoft will just cancel the Wii U version.

Ubisoft said on their conference call that they still have some Wii U games coming and hope that they are lifted by Nintendo's titles (presumably they mean this Fall).

As long as Ubisoft is supporting the PS3/360 it's a pretty easy port. After they drop those is the much bigger question to me.

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

ibsL8hhImV1BWO.gif

iVvnMwvnY0ZiF.gif

My body is fucking ready.

Oh wow. A tale of revenge. Never heard of that in a video game before.

Of course I'll give Ubi the benefit of the doubt because that game looks beautiful.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There is going to be a ton of 3rd party stuff that releases on 4-5 home consoles for a while I think, one reason I'm a bit hesitant to declare that PS4/720 will be hits right out of the gate.

It depends how compelling the next-gen versions are right?

I mean GRAW was on PS2/Xbox, yet that wasn't really a huge thorn in the side of the Xbox 360.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft shows the game running on PS4 hardware next week.

I suspect we'll see it by GDC at the latest.

ozfunghi

Ubisoft said on their conference call that they still have some Wii U games coming and hope that they are lifted by Nintendo's titles (presumably they mean this Fall).

As long as they're supporting the PS3/360 it's a pretty easy port. After they drop those is the much bigger question to me.

That's probably why Criterion ported the PC version to WiiU i bet.

flippedb

Banned
But that poster should be official after the PS4 announcement - so they could have used the name.

"Available on PS3/360/WiiU/PS4 and another home console that's coming but Microsoft won't allow us to list it"

I don't think so...

SJRB

Gold Member
Platform discussion aside, a 2013 release date is a huge megaton.

This is awesome news.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'd imagine this is sort of like True Crime/Sleeping Dogs? Both rebranded, both open world, both have Dogs in the title. Feels like a conspiracy theory at work.

Well, Assassin's Creed was originally Prince of Persia Assassins, Osiris was turned into Prince of Persia and then back again, and now Watch Dogs was originally a Driver game.

There seems to be a fair amount of churn in deciding what franchise any given game belongs to at Ubisoft.

As long as they're supporting the PS3/360 it's a pretty easy port. After they drop those is the much bigger question to me.
Well, I think it depends on where Wii U is in two years. I expect crossgen into 2015.

Top Bottom