• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs Will Be Out This Holiday For ‘All Home Consoles,’ Leaked Poster Says

whitehawk

Banned
I love how people here assume the Orbis/Durango versions will match PCs...it's not the same situation as the PS3/360. Orbis/Durango, from the leaked specs, don't match modern day high end PCs and certainly won't later in the year when they're released
and? Consoles are usually less powerful than PCs buy still manage to output competitive visuals.

waypoetic

Banned
I somewhat admire Wii U owners, thinking that the game will release on Wii U along side the PS3/PS4/360/Durango version.

EDIT: I mean, Far Cry 3 isn't even out for it! I doubt that Ubisoft will support the Wii U like they somewhat promised at E3 last year. Even the "exclusive" Rayman game went multiplatform. What does that tell you? They don't rely on the system to push that many copies.

flippedb

Banned
I love how people here assume the Orbis/Durango versions will match PCs...it's not the same situation as the PS3/360. Orbis/Durango, from the leaked specs, don't match modern day high end PCs and certainly won't later in the year when they're released

Orbis/Durango won't run at the resolution PC does. Also, you're forgetting consoles are built in a different way as PCs, everything inside them is tailored to avoid bottlenecks and performance issues.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Orbis/Durango won't run at the resolution PC does. Also, you're forgetting consoles are built in a different way as PCs, everything inside them is tailored to avoid bottlenecks and performance issues.
Still won't match high end PCs though. Not that it matters, the game will look great on both nextgen consoles.

flippedb

Banned
Still won't match high end PCs though. Not that it matters, the game will look great on both nextgen consoles.

Maybe it won't look as different, aside from resolution and framerate, that is.

Note that "as different" implies there will be differences.

Will buy it for my future ps4!
I have a PC with a i750 @3.8ghz + gtx 460 1gb @ 840mhz and I game at 1440*900, BUT the ps4 is more powerful than what I got and I'm not upgrading in a new console year. I'll use that $300 i would spend on a gpu towards the ps4.

Heh. It should have a release date for 360/PS3, and have an undetermined date for Wii U.

Then three weeks before the PS3/360 SKUs come out, they delay them 7 months to be in line with the Wii U version.

Portugeezer

A few months ago, the problem is that even if they'll get better with the Wii U dev kits, it's the same for the other systems so i fear the gap between the two will remain the same.

To be honest I am more interested in the gameplay enhancements the Wii U could offer, it seems like a perfect fit for this game.

I know people are talking about the graphics, I have a gaming PC, if I cared about the graphics only I wouldn't care about Wii U version.

Kimawolf

Care to name a game remotely on par with the E3 2012 footage ?

Sure have you seen Crysis 2 with mods? Or Sleeping Dogs with mods, or Skyrim with the works? All 3 look better than what you showed. It looks like a high spec PC game, nothing more or less.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
When they go back through a level and implement new versions of the assets. Have you seriously never heard artists on games talk about doing another pass on a model?

No, but in my defense but that kind of info doesn't seem like household knowledge.

jmizzal

It will probably get it. The problem is people seeing a grossly superior version on the hot new ps4/720 and avoiding the wii u version like they would avoid the inferior ps3/360 versions. This is all theoretical of course, there's no guarantee Ubi would actually put a lot of work into a proper 720/ps4 version.

The prob with that is the PS4/720 wont be selling much more then the WiiU did at launch and then they may have supply constraints. WiiU by fall will have a nice size install base, thus more people buying on there.

aegies

If you guys want, I have uncompressed B-roll from the game from last june that I can upload to dropbox and link here. It's only a couple minutes from the beginning of the demo, but it's pretty impressive regardless.

Irish

If you guys want, I have uncompressed B-roll from the game from last june that I can upload to dropbox and link here. It's only a couple minutes from the beginning of the demo, but it's pretty impressive regardless.

Yes, please.

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

ibsL8hhImV1BWO.gif

iVvnMwvnY0ZiF.gif

My body is fucking ready.

IF, and I know that is a very big if, these are the kind of graphic, including running at least at 1920x1080p, we can expect from next gen consoles for open world games, I think I will be fairly content with next gen.

hope it's not a pipe dream.

jmizzal

I somewhat admire Wii U owners, thinking that the game will release on Wii U along side the PS3/PS4/360/Durango version.

EDIT: I mean, Far Cry 3 isn't even out for it! I doubt that Ubisoft will support the Wii U like they somewhat promised at E3 last year. Even the "exclusive" Rayman game went multiplatform. What does that tell you? They don't rely on the system to push that many copies.

Umm Ubisoft put out about 6 launch WiiU games, Far Cry 3 was delayed as is anyways, they were spread thin to port another game.

Now Ubi studios are free to work on other WiiU games, they are not gonna stop working on WiiU, they even said they expect WiiU install base to be larger this fall when big 1st party games come out, they are not acting like EA is over Orgin on WiiU.

Amir0x

Banned
IF, and I know that is a very big if, these are the kind of graphic, including running at least at 1920x1080p, we can expect from next gen consoles, I think I will be fairly content with next gen.

hope it's not a pipe dream.

not a pipe dream. should definitely be possible

dunno about maintaining 60fps or anything though with that

ozfunghi

A few months ago, the problem is that even if they'll get better with the Wii U dev kits, it's the same for the other systems so i fear the gap between the two will remain the same.

But all three could move closer to PC and further from PS360 ofcourse (without WiiU getting closer to Orb/Dur). Just tell me that you've seen it and it looks good. :)

Joe Lee

Can't wait for this. Any chance that we might see a demo of this at Sony's conference next week (if it's indeed a PS4 conference), or whenever MS unveils the new Xbox? It'd be nice to see something soon since we've heard next to nothing since E3 last year.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Maybe it won't look as different, aside from resolution and framerate, that is.

Note that "as different" implies there will be differences.
Well of course, that's the general rule with console ports. On PC you usually just get higher frame rates and better IQ thanks to better AA, AF and resolution.

majik13

I wonder if the graphical difference between the PS3/360 and the PS4/720 will be enough for people to upgrade consoles this fall.

It seems the biggest difference will be the strong DOF blur, and probabaly amount and detail of particles, and reflections. Otherwise i think they would be identical sans general IQ.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
But all three could move closer to PC and further from PS360 ofcourse (without WiiU getting closer to Orb/Dur). Just tell me that you've seen it and it looks good. :)

Sorry i haven't seen it, just hearsays :p

Basically, there were two versions, the "next-gen" one (PC + Durango/Orbis) and the "current-gen" one (PS3/XBOX360), and the Wii U version was closer to the current-gen one at the time. But considering the novelty of the platform, the learning curve, etc, it's likely that the Wii U version will be between the two, without too much efforts from Ubi, thanks to more RAM, etc.

aegies

Ok. Here's direct feed of a couple of minutes of watch dogs. None of the combat, sadly. Just some outside stuff before dude walks into the club. I'll leave it up for a while.

P.S. The preview in dropbox is super compressed, and is not indicative of the file's quality.

Thanks Arthur. Looks nice. Minor quibbles - trees dont move like that, and the guy getting pissed off about his phone going out was coming through my right speaker but he was on the left hand side of the screen.

Love how alive the city looks.

Amir0x

Banned
The sad thing is to some people on here it totally is.

it may even have a mini-game on the second screen!

Like, the guy hacks shit with his phone

can you imagine the GROUNDBREAKING INNOVATION™ of, like, your Wii U pad becoming his hacking phone! Hacking mini-games for everyone!

oh man plus real time inventory switching! Somehow it is different than just pressing Up on the D-pad to do the same thing, idunno

Maxrunner

yeah it might have maps and shit

totally worth a complete downgrade in visuals, physics, etc.

They can totally work with the concept of machine interaction with it...how about integration with miiverse with other people that are also playing the game for example...

FACE

Banned
Ok. Here's direct feed of a couple of minutes of watch dogs. None of the combat, sadly. Just some outside stuff before dude walks into the club. I'll leave it up for a while.

P.S. The preview in dropbox is super compressed, and is not indicative of the file's quality.

Thank you.

Top Bottom