• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valnen

All the reflections are gone. I wasn't expecting even MORE downgrades, now it's literally just a higher res PS3 game.

Alienous

I recall one of the devs saying that the Aisha Tyler trailer was from a wrong version or something like that.

"Ah, fuck, who used the release version for the trailer!? We have a bullshot version to avoid this exact fucking situation. The Far Cry guys don't make these kinds of mistakes. Fucking amateurs".

- Yves Guillemot*

* - In my imagination.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I recall one of the devs saying that the Aisha Tyler trailer was from a wrong version or something like that.

Considering the trailer we received earlier was reportedly created using the PS4 version of the game, I have my doubts.

Gaz_RB

Still excited, despite the downgrade.

And if shinobi was still around, I think he would too!

That guy loved Ubi games...

*sniff*

tumblr_m66zc9fAoB1qgky6to2_r1_500.jpg

"ubi pls"

No, not really. The E3 2012 footage is too much for these consoles to handle.
Have you seen Infamous Second Son or The Order: 1886? One is open world and the other is not, but both look impressive and truly next gen.

Again, i don't want to start a useless discussion here but i really hate when people post statements like these.

Cross gen.

AC4 actually looks very nice most of the time, especially at sea, and has far more life and dynamism than this garbage.

The E3 2012 footage is very doable on these consoles, or at least PS4, and there's no excuse for this. Not when Infamous looks like it does.

Maybe in some ways, but I highly doubt that everything that was going on there and transitioning to an entire open world structure is doable on these systems. The only reasons I can think of anyone being fooled into thinking otherwise is that they have zero grasp on hardware limitations, or allowed the 2012 footage of this, 1313, and the following year's The Division to fool them into thinking this.

Kinyou

I pre-ordered this for $39 because of all the NeoGAF hype last year when I didn't overly want it. Now it's stuck with a big bundle of other games so I can't cancel.

At least it's $39.

Fuck you NeoGAF, lol
I'm always surprised when people pre-order and pay in advance. Why not just pre-order on amazon for example? There you can cancel at any time and don't have to pay upfront. Or does that vary from country to country?

This type of shit makes me want to just give up on video games for good. It's completely shameless, and I have no idea how companies are able to get away with it year after year.

The rest of the footage isn't that hot outside of cutscenes and would still be getting a lot of flak. And I've seen every bit of media that has found it's way to this forum, so the "only seen the gif" excuse isn't going to work.

Doesn't mean the game will be bad, but even without the concept demo the game has been getting worse visually with each showing.

Doesn't help either that while this is extremely noticeable, the two largest media sources on games have been making mountains out of the molehills that are the NPC text bubbles and the missions you can get from them. Plus the shooting looks worse than GTA, which I've never really liked in those games. Best parts shown off are the melee elements.

I get being optimistic, but damn.
No... The gameplay in this vid http://www.everyeye.it/ps4/articoli/watch-dogs_hands-on_21862 looks a lot better than what is suggested in this thread.

Again, not defending the game or Ubi here. Just filtering out the bullshit that the game suddenly looks like a last gen game now on PS4.
It's not the best looking game in general for next gen, i'll agree on that. And it certainly doesn't have the impact of the first reveal. And there are also parts downgraded compared to the reveal. And some things are a bit upgraded.

FiggyCal

Banned
Not quite a KillZone downgrade, but it does look quite a bit rougher.

The awesome lighting and reflection were 80% of the graphical appeal of this game.

I wonder if they're gonna use the old footage in advertisements.

Killzone and Ryse both look very close to their initial footage. This is way worse.

"I have no idea what happened so I'll blame 'cross-gen'".

What about games this generation specifically designed for PS4 and Xbox One that look terrible?

That said, it's coming to Wii U still.

iMax

No, not really. The E3 2012 footage is too much for these consoles to handle.

I've seen that demo running on PS4 hardware and it looked much better than this. I couldn't tell the difference from the E3 demo.

But that E3 demo was just that. There was no 'game' running in the background, per se, which is likely the reason behind all this.

Ragnarok

what in the hell is up with those light flashes on the road, by the way? That has to be a glitch, no? Haven't seen lighting that bad in quite some time.

yaesir

This is what ubisoft does
every single time

look at far cry 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqnAbRpyqfI
red steel anyone? http://revolutionmedia.ign.com/revo...40/e3-red-steel-screens-20060501034051480.jpg

idk why anyone ever thought it was going to be different with watchdogs
the demo they showed at e3 was running on a high end pc and is their typical overpolished misleading tech demo that they always do for new games

the division will be the same and if you think it will look even close to this then you're crazy

every single game that's looked distinctly next gen during that E3 (and was therefore hyped) has been heavily downgraded or cancelled

They really need to get hit hard with all this image manipulation they do, i wish it actually hurt sales but it seems like it only boosts them.

pretty much

Frumix

Suffering From Success
exactly this. look at the wind and dust in the original footage and how much depth and atmosphere it brings to the scene. compared to the 2014 footage that has none of that.

I mean, look at this:

noatmospheremgjqa.png

God damn, these lights are PS2 level.

Symax

"Ah, fuck, who used the release version for the trailer!? We have a bullshot version to avoid this exact fucking situation. The Far Cry guys don't make these kinds of mistakes. Fucking amateurs".

- Yves Guillemot*

* - In my imagination.

hehehehehe_duck.gif

RyudBoy

Disappointing, but expected.

It's funny how people actually thought it would look as good as it did during the initial reveal. The downgrade was already made apparent when PS4 footage was shown last year. We didn't need that gif in this thread to confirm it. It does suck that we won't be getting what was originally presented though, at least not unless you own a really expensive PC.

FiggyCal

Banned
XcqNxpl.jpg

Taken from Italian preview trailer.

That surely can't be PS4, GTA5 looks better than that on last gen.

That looks like PS3 version for sure. Would be hilarious though if that was actually what the next gen version looks like and we were currently looking at PC footage.

Griss

This has absolutely killed my hype for the game. They announced the release date earlier and I was all, 'Cool, I'll bite, sure.'

But this... this isn't a downgrade. It's a plummet-grade.

I haven't been following the entire thread... we're SURE that the OP's gif is from next-gen consoles?

meanspartan

No time to read through the whole thread atm.

Do we know if that is just the last gen version? If that is current gen/pc, that would be soooome bullshit that would make even Gearbox blush.

Griss

what in the hell is up with those light flashes on the road, by the way? That has to be a glitch, no? Haven't seen lighting that bad in quite some time.

I think it's to indicate 'hackable infrastructure'.

So it's kinda worse because it's actually working as intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom