• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs downgradeaton confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axass

Some of us on this forum warned you guys about extremely high-end PC reveals vs retail console builds many times for many of these games. We get insulted out of threads, unfortunately, and the press laps up as many bullshots as they can publish on their sites constantly.

Not cool, I'm sorry. Never did it myself though, I'm not really a next-gen guy, so I don't follow the reveal threads closely.

Hard to believe that this was the original reveal.

watch_dog-50uu0c.gif

ibcUynCutGtfED.gif

No it's not, it's an Ubisoft game.

pLow7

Reading through the comments on the italian Site, the Tester ( Link-F) is answering questions there.

He admits he has not seen the very first Trailer, but he says that the game in current state, looks much better than what was shown during Gamescom.

Dont know what he has seen. Apparently there is an interview with the Creative Director appearing tommorow, could be interesting.

I'll still have to see it with my own eyes. But man, that appears to be a downgrade from the trailer (expected) but I wasn't expecting that much of a downgrade.

I had my hopes up after ACIV, that game is gorgeous on the PS4.

meanspartan

Jesus Christ the Division is gonna look like Grand Theft Auto Online isn't it?

(not a slight against GTA, it's done amazing things on hardware from 2005. But come on)

TyrantII

I think it's highlighted, because you can hack/raise the bridge?

The spotlight beam is much, much wider. You can see it in that reverse shot, and in the gif with the spotlight lighting up about 330 feet radius around the car. Before it was small and had volumetric effects in the beam. Looked more like this:

bds_nightsun2_300.jpg

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm still in if it's fun. Really a big shame if this is representative of what it's gonna look like in May.

From the other thread:

I have no idea what the hell happened to this game.

PS360 happened. Did you guys seriously think a cross gen game would look good when they have to code to the lowest common denominator? (PS360 8 year outdated consoles)

mreddie

The thing that irks me is that Assassins Creed 4 was good looking on the PS4, maybe these recent media promos are for the PS3/360 version.

I don't know...they say it's looks better than Gamescom but...yikes. They better rebound like what happened after that Aisha Tyler trailer where Ubisoft got so much shit, they had to show a new trailer 2 days later.

N30RYU

Gold Member
iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

Ubi really must be joking... this isn't even WiiU quality... this looks worse than the "Aisha Tyler trailer"...

...If next-gen console hardware wasn't so lame. That water was never going to happen.
We've seen other games, though. Killzone and Ryse aren't open worlds but they look phenomenal, and Infamous does the same things as WD yet still manages to blow it out of the water.

Even if that weren't the case, Ubi is releasing the game on PC. A high end PC could easily handle what a single 680 did 2 years ago. It's not the systems as much as it is the developer.

Technically, no, but I don't see why it's so bad. I'm just think everyone is overreacting.

Well, my issues are:

1. Lighting is saturated, and there's a lack of shadows
  2. No reflective surfaces
  3. Texture work is terrible
  4. Geometry work seems fairly rough
  5. Animation rather rough
  6. Particle physics look about the same as Rainbow Six Vegas, same with how bullets and other factors affect the environment (not even broken glass...). Only exception is the smoke/hand grenade thrown in the video.
  7. Gunplay doesn't look all that appealing aside from the melee takedowns
  8. UI is obtrusive and ugly, which is baffling. Games like Dead Rising 3 have demonstrated that the UI can be overlayed at 1080p cripness even if the game itself isn't.

It's not that I'm basing this off of the original reveal, which I knew was a concept demo. It's that quite frankly, I wouldn't be able to say this was XBO, PS4, or PC footage. This looks like a 360/PS3/Wii U effort, despite the PC being the lead platform.

Also for those looking for that side mission footage from last year's E3:

http://youtu.be/E3PnrQJy_IU?t=44s

StuBurns

Banned
InFamous certainly looks massively better, but I don't think the character models are too hot in it, could be the animation that's spotty though, hard to say.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.
Me neither, same for the next-gen twins, but whatever the next-gen versions look like the PC will look simular too

Where are you guys getting this info that the reveal wasn't the actual game? I'd be more inclined to believe they've just stripped various things out of it to make it less demanding.

It was never gameplay, this is Ubi we are talking about here
Yeah it was running on PC but it was a controlled environment for demonstration purposes, do you think the whole map was available to roam?
They didn't strip anything because there was nothing to strip, the game probably look and played like shit in the actual development code back then
That little segment was probably worked on specifically for the reveal to give you an idea of how they want it look in the final version, everything was probably scripted too.

heyf00L

If they've already programmed the effects into the engine, please release them as options on PC at least. Even if PS4 and obviously Xbone can't handle it, high end PCs can and in a few years everyone's PCs will.

Branduil

From the other thread:

iboqqHgyy5tOsD.gif

I have no idea what the hell happened to this game.

Dat complete lack of shadowing. I wonder if they had to downgrade it for every system to make it easier to scale down to PS3 and 360, or if they just made a really deceptive trailer on purpose.

Well, my issues are:

1. Lighting is saturated, and there's a lack of shadows
  2. No reflective surfaces
  3. Texture work is terrible
  4. Geometry work seems fairly rough
  5. Animation rather rough
  6. Particle physics look about the same as Rainbow Six Vegas, same with how bullets and other factors affect the environment (not even broken glass...). Only exception is the smoke/hand grenade thrown in the video.
  7. Gunplay doesn't look all that appealing aside from the melee takedowns
  8. UI is obtrusive and ugly, which is baffling. Games like Dead Rising 3 have demonstrated that the UI can be overlayed at 1080p cripness even if the game itself isn't.

It's not that I'm basing this off of the original reveal, which I knew was a concept demo. It's that quite frankly, I wouldn't be able to say this was XBO, PS4, or PC footage. This looks like a 360/PS3/Wii U effort, despite the PC being the lead platform.

Also for those looking for that side mission footage from last year's E3:

http://youtu.be/E3PnrQJy_IU?t=44s

And other footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIe1SIzUVY

Edit: Looks like some E3 2012 might be in there, but a lot of this was from last year.

Just watched the trailer from the other thread.

Hype redeemed. Sure, it took a hit, but the game still looks good and hopefully the action is good.

EDIT: and rewatched the gameplay trailer ... sure, some shit looks rough, but I'm still down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom