• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs PC Performance Thread

Guffers

i54670k and a single 780 here. Game runs and looks great maxed (except textures to high) As soon as I bump textures to ultra I get a stuttery mess and honestly I can't tell the difference when playing at 1080p.

I can't wait until GTA V drops and we see how that performs maxed out. I'm not expecting a miracle. Maxed at a locked 30fps would probably be the best I could hope for.

Kezen

Banned
i54670k and a single 780 here. Game runs and looks great maxed (except textures to high) As soon as I bump textures to ultra I get a stuttery mess and honestly I can't tell the difference when playing at 1080p.
3GB of VRAM does not seem to be enough for ultra textures + max settings + anything other than SMAA. If you tone down the shadows you could probably get a smooth frame with textures on ultra.

I can't wait until GTA V drops and we see how that performs maxed out. I'm not expecting a miracle. Maxed at a locked 30fps would probably be the best I could hope for.
If you settle for 30fps I think you have nothing to be worried about.
60fps and maxed out settings is going to be a challenge as it so often is.

Guffers

Yep I guess its a balancing act between lowering shadows or textures. I might experiment later to see what look I prefer.

It's just a shame I don't find the game more engaging, it does look lovely at times.

Loxley

Hey guys, I've been thinking about picking up the PC version of Watch Dogs but I'm not sure my Win7 laptop will be able to run it well enough (I don't yet have a gaming PC). These are my specs:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
13 GB RAM

I'm obviously not hoping for 1080p/60fps - even if I crank the settings all the way down. I tend to play newer games at lower resolutions in the name of keeping a more stable framerate (1600x900 or 1366x768 usually). I see the PC version has a 30fps lock option, which is probably what I'd use.

Kezen

Banned
Hey guys, I've been thinking about picking up the PC version of Watch Dogs but I'm not sure my Win7 laptop will be able to run it well enough (I don't yet have a gaming PC). These are my specs:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
13 GB RAM

I'm obviously not hoping for 1080p/60fps - even if I crank the settings all the way down. I tend to play newer games at lower resolutions in the name of keeping a more stable framerate (1600x900 or 1366x768 usually). I see the PC version has a 30fps lock option, which is probably what I'd use.

I'm afraid your laptop is too weak. It won't run well at all.

ICPEE

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
13 GB RAM

You will be able to run it.

I have quad core i5 and 560 Ti and i get around 25fps (with E3 graphics mods) and Ultra settings with 1080p.

I'm sure you will get around 30fps if you dial down the resolution to 720p. Just play around with the graphics settings till you get 30fps. Anything below 30 and you won't enjoy the game.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
You will be able to run it.

I have quad core i5 and 560 Ti and i get around 25fps (with E3 graphics mods) and Ultra settings with 1080p.

I'm sure you will get around 30fps if you dial down the resolution to 720p. Just play around with the graphics settings till you get 30fps. Anything below 30 and you won't enjoy the game.

Unfortunately, The GTX 560M is only a downclocked version of the desktop GTX 550 Ti.

He can definitely run the game though.

Has there been a patch to improve the performance? When I first got Watch_Dogs it was a complete mess and I've just loaded it up to find that the performance has improved tenfold, there's no lag or severely fluctuating framerates with everything maxed out.

Kezen

Banned
Has there been a patch to improve the performance? When I first got Watch_Dogs it was a complete mess and I've just loaded it up to find that the performance has improved tenfold, there's no lag or severely fluctuating framerates with everything maxed out.

There has been one patch meant to reduce stuttering, and that's it. Stuttering is still there when ultra textures are enabled but it is now far less distracting.
New drivers have also helped.

Kezen

Banned
The texture mipmap thing is what was the, or at least one of the causes of the stuttering I think.
I have not noticed anything different, performance is very good as it always had been (even at launch). Stuttering has been drastically reduced thanks to a patch released a few months ago, but even at launch it was negligible in my case (high textures). On my 780 I set everything to ultra and the game hovers between 45-60fps. 60fps locked is not achievable with max settings on my system.

Nice, I just started playing this seriously over the weekend, runs pretty well on my GTX970 already running TheWorse mod, but every little bit helps.
Your 970 will crush this game even on ultra.

Don't think it's been updated for awhile, no, hopefully it won't break everything, I guess we'll see.

Since the patches are mostly written to the patch.dat and patch.fat files, they will overwrite the mods. You either need to update mods to the latest patch OR overwrite the patch with the mod files. And that could break stuff... yeah.

Setsuna

At first i thought the patch didn't do much at my usual settings ultra textures no AA with a 4670k+780. But then I turned my Anti aliasing up to 8xmsaa to see what would happen and it runs so much better than before

At launch with these settings the frame rate would drop the game would stutter and the physics system would be wonky. However now its mostly smooth with a few hitches every now and then

Started this recently with the updates and TheWorse Mod with ultra/max settings but i'm finding that the cutscenes and the graphics arent as good as what people have been posting on here.

Running it on an i7-2600k, 16GB of Ram and MSI GTX 970.

Are there setttings im missing?

Flaxh

So is the game finally fixed? I found a good deal but I read so many bad things about this and Unity that I'm afraid I'll regret the purchase.

I haven't played in a long while but last time I checked, the stuttering was very much an issue. Even Gsync couldn't help.

I'd avoid it. It's not like the game is that great anyway.

EDIT: SLI here.

_machine

It's fine on a single GPU.
My experience as well, running a 280X and i920 and I didn't feel any stuttering. I didn't record my fps, but just to make sure I run at High/Medium settings with SMAA. No crashes or major bugs either (maybe two minor instances of z-fighting and some collision issues with scripted animations in all my 30+ hours of the game) and it looked really nice. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I really, really enjoyed the game.

Top Bottom