• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs Previews - New actual gameplay footage inside! [Up: Detail Summary List]

Just watched the Game Trailers video. He only mentioned that there was iOS and Android versions of their uPlay app which would allow you to play the game in some fashion from your phone/tablet... Windows Phone/Windows 8 versions are coming out too, right Ubi? :(

Tamanon

Banned
Just watched the Game Trailers video. He only mentioned that there was iOS and Android versions of their uPlay app which would allow you to play the game in some fashion from your phone/tablet... Windows Phone/Windows 8 versions are coming out too, right Ubi? :(

Well, they don't seem to have any qualms about supporting smaller markets, so I'd assume so.

Nizz

Game's looking pretty good. I just wish it was actual PS4 footage. I was excited until I saw 360 controller button prompts and assumed it was PC footage with a 360 controller :/ Ubisoft still pulling this shit...

DrBo42

Game's looking pretty good. I just wish it was actual PS4 footage. I was excited until I saw 360 controller button prompts and assumed it was PC footage with a 360 controller :/ Ubisoft still pulling this shit...

Some of the journos confirmed it's running on a PC with comparable PS4 specs. I wouldn't worry.

dummydecoy

Game looks amazing and I really want to play it, but...
ALL PS3 UBI games I played this gen RAN. LIKE. SHIT. All the Assassin's Creeds, the Splinter Cell HD collection, even POP 2008 with its cell-shaded graphics stuttered like crazy at the end
when you cut the tree and Ahriman comes rushing back out with all the debris

Pretty sure the PS4 version is gonna share the same fate, Ubi can't optimize shit even if their life depended on it.

:(

sn00zer

If that's PS4-level graphics, they're going to need to improve after the launch titles. It isn't nearly as impressive a leap as the E3 2012 trailer suggested it would be.

Have they ever in the histroy of every home console ever NOT improved graphics after launch titles

Basketball

Does not look like the game has any type of physics animations or weight.

A bunch of canned death animations not even a basic ragdoll

No traction on the cars either whats up?

I hope the game is not restrictive, you know ubisoft and their 3 and out policy on civilian casualties.

Just watched it on my TV via the Revision 3 app on 360 and it kinda looks like GTA4. Not blowing me away graphically. If that's how the next gen versions look, it makes me wonder what the PS3/360/WiiU versions are going to look like. Hated how the car looked like it was floating on air rather than gripping the road. Hopefully they let people play it at E3 and we can get some reactions to gameplay instead of reactions to a Ubisoft employee playing it in front of a bunch of gaming press.

I'm not impressed with this game. It seems like they've put a lot of time in the city and in the details, but so far I've been bored with the footage. It's Assassin's Creed all over again.

Looks amazing, except for the shadows which look like shit. Obviously they haven't re coded that part of their engine to take advantage of next gen consoles. Cause the shadows look no better than AC3 on PS360.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
These previews (or at least the summary ATM) have renewed my interest in the game. Curious how exactly they'll handle side content/missions though. The right balance is tough between being overwhelmed by content (AC, SR3 sorta) and having so little that the world feels underused (LA Noire).

eso76

The wind is still there, trees swaying and cans rolling on the ground.

Not saying it was removed, but we dont get to see it being as convincing as in the beginning of 2012 trailer here.
It wasn't just trees swaying; dust, smoke, parasols (?)..everything was swaying realistically in the wind, the effect was great.
Other than that, looking at individual elements, game looks pretty much the same.

That youtube video is unbelievably compressed, jeez. Is there any good, uncompressed footage?

Edit: Also, have they said whether they're shooting for 60 FPS or not?

AHA-Lambda

So? Being able to stop a T-Train with your phone while escaping cops, and getting on it to go to another part of Chicago isn't imaginative?

Slow-Mo max payne style shooting, Non-linear events that you can either engage or not. Also there are different scenarios, you can either find out about a possible murder that might happen, stalk the guy A. let it happen and tail him, B. stop him before he kills the guy, or C. ignore it all together.

Assassins creed was None of these , it may use same Animation tools, but the render used, and the NPC system is all new. Plus interacting with everything that's electronic in a city that's not deep and new outside of Assassins creed?

Outside of killing guys and listening to conversations, Assassins creed has little bearing on this game, Yes the character moves similar, the camera is similar, it's open world, but everything else is totally new, and never in a video game have you been able to impact city media like this game let's you do.

If you are destructive or heroic, your face is on television impacting you going into a crowded store, or anyplace with media playing the news.

I love hearing people on this forum and other's who disregard how games are made, and how company's decide what they use to make them.

Does it make sense to learn from your past projects and reiterate and reinvent? They did for Farcry 3, which I would say worked unanimously.

I understand that when you see the name UBISOFT all you can think of is Assassins creed, I get it, I myself am done with that series.

I hated almost everything about AC3, Minus the combat and Ship battles.

The game isn't out of alpha yet, and we still haven't seen Multiplayer.

People need to stop judging.

Look at Sleeping Dogs, I bet you looked at it 6 months before release and said "looks like True Crime in Hong kong". But guess what? The game was awesome regardless if it started out as another game. I would say a game like Sleeping dogs has more influence on this game than Assassins Creed, because of the attention to detail in the city, and the interaction with it as well.

Stop being so butt hurt about Assassins creed going down the shitter, until we play the final game, nut up or shut up.

Wow, so hostile over a game jesus. Hint: saying a game isn't out yet so let's not judge it, is an awful excuse.
And most of the things you mentioned even if they aren't in AC are in other open world games.

Using a train to get away? Infamous done it.
Slow-mo shooting? Everywhere.
Stalking targets and deciding whether or not to bother? Assassin's Creed!
As for the gun shop bit, one of the previews said that was scripted.

And there is no point in using Sleeping Dogs or Far Cry 3 to defend it as I see them both as pretty overrated (especially Far Cry 3, where I'd say it's obvious AC influences hurt it more than helped it).

What button?

This:

H2bQap1l.jpg

Raist

Banned
That's definitely not PS4 footage. Unless Sony renamed L2 and R2 to LT and RT.

Not sure about this game. AC seemed brilliant in theory, but the gameplay ened up being dull and incredible repetitive.

Sethos

Banned
Does it make sense to learn from your past projects and reiterate and reinvent? They did for Farcry 3, which I would say worked unanimously.

Far Cry 3 was immensely boring, one of this year's most repetitive games and suffered from enough Copy & Paste that even Reddit would be ashamed.

So yes, they certainly learned a lot going forward, they really honed that boring, repetitive open-world trait.

The fact that they are using elements from Far Cry 3 is fantastic. It's shaping up to be their most boring, repetitive game to date! Exciting times ahead.

SJRB

Gold Member
Far Cry 3 was immensely boring, one of this year's most repetitive games and suffered from enough Copy & Paste that even Reddit would be ashamed.

So yes, they certainly learned a lot going forward, they really honed that boring, repetitive open-world trait.

The fact that they are using elements from Far Cry 3 is fantastic. It's shaping up to be their most boring, repetitive game to date! Exciting times ahead.

Whatever you say buddy.

opinions....

That's definitely not PS4 footage. Unless Sony renamed L2 and R2 to LT and RT.

Not sure about this game. AC seemed brilliant in theory, but the gameplay ened up being dull and incredible repetitive.

isn't it PC footage?

Could it be Durango footage? Maybe this is just a taste of the lower specs will mean in terms of IQ, visuals, etc.

Sendou

Isn't it "next-gen level" PC footage. That's what I remember hearing at least. E3 2012 was GTX 680 PC footage and all footage after that has been "next-gen level" PC.

Isn't it "next-gen level" PC footage. That's what I remember hearing at least. E3 2012 was GTX 680 PC footage and all footage after that has been "next-gen level" PC.

yeah, for the millionth time. various quotes say it is "next gen", or ps4, specced footage, running on a pc, with 360 controller. Depending which video/preview you are looking at.

Although I saw a post where CVG I think mentioned they saw it running on an actual (covered) PS4 kit. Which was then scurried away under guard!

isn't it PC footage?

Could it be Durango footage? Maybe this is just a taste of the lower specs will mean in terms of IQ, visuals, etc.

Most of the previews say it's PS4 spec footage running on the PC that I noticed.

But I think a couple Ubi said more generically it's "next gen" specs running on pc.

Which could mean Durango is dragging it down but both versions will look the same, I guess if you choose to believe that.

Anyways if it's PS4 footage surely they have not even begun to take advantage of the very recent upgrade to 8GB for example.

And on top of all that this is a game with roots in current gen.

Too me it's another next gen title (like BF4 and Shadowfall to lesser extents) that kinda looks like a really really good 360 title, but there are certain small details the 360 could never handle (like certain draw distances with high LOD, a shiny effect here and there, etc)

DieH@rd

Banned

This is PC with hardware and game settings that emulate PS4. It is not high end PC like it was in original Watch_Dogs E3 reveal [night shootout at the intersection].

sinnergy

This is supposed to be nextgen graphics? Are they serious? What a disapointment.

No.. as far as I read, This is a enhanced current gen version for next-generation consoles.
Much like we got when we transitioned from last gen to current gen. (Splinter Cell was one of those)

This game was build for current generation.

I think it looks okay for a next-gen launch title, but nothing spectacular (but that's expected with the roots in current gen)

Salsa

Im super excited about the "passive" multiplayer in the SP. It sounds amazing, but I wonder if they can pull it off.

Thrakier

No.. as far as I read, This is a enhanced current gen version for next-generation consoles.
Much like we got when we transitioned from last gen to current gen. (Splinter Cell was one of those)

I think it looks okay for a next-gen launch title, but nothing spectacular (but that's expected with the roots in current gen)

Well, I guess it'll be much better looking on a PC. The shadow res is a joke, some textures are awful, framerate certainly will be a unstable 30 and then 720p...oh god, they need much better arguments to make me buying a console again.

Wasn't Double Agent like a completely different game on 360 compared to the ps2 and xbox versions?

I'm fine with this as long as it has ZERO frame rate drops and almost non existant jaggies

If the ps4 is so good it better be able to make this happen for current gen port

SJRB

Gold Member
Im super excited about the "passive" multiplayer in the SP. It sounds amazing, but I wonder if they can pull it off.

The interconnectivity is intruiging to say the least.

I still think it's going to be a Dark Souls-style invasion system, e.g. you get a popup warning you "player X" is in the area, you hack into his game, observe him [while he is playing] through the ctOS cameras and try to catch him off guard and hack his phone for intel/XP/money/whatever.

Most of the previews say it's PS4 spec footage running on the PC that I noticed.

But I think a couple Ubi said more generically it's "next gen" specs running on pc.

Which could mean Durango is dragging it down but both versions will look the same, I guess if you choose to believe that.

Anyways if it's PS4 footage surely they have not even begun to take advantage of the very recent upgrade to 8GB for example.

And on top of all that this is a game with roots in current gen.

Too me it's another next gen title (like BF4 and Shadowfall to lesser extents) that kinda looks like a really really good 360 title, but there are certain small details the 360 could never handle (like certain draw distances with high LOD, a shiny effect here and there, etc)

Makes sense. Second wave titles should be noticeable better if that is the case.

Top Bottom