• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WB Games teasing a reveal for March 8th?

What do you think this is?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Please be a Harry Potter game, it would be nice if they would do something with it other than lego games.

It would be cool to do an RPG/Adventure game after the potter years, still in Hogwarts, with a new threat, with you creating your own character, choosing house, and choosing companions.

Never going to happen, but its a good dream.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I think I've cracked it.

This announcement says we can expect the reveal on "8 Mars" Mars is also...the Roman God of War. Who is the Greek God of War? Ares.

Now, you take Mars and spell it backwards, drop the S. Ram. And ram is the zodialogical sign for Aries. Now dig. Ares' half-sister is Athena. Athena....like Athens...which is the capital of Greece. And as we all know, zodialogical astronomy was created by the Greeks in...785 B.C. And 785 is the area code to Topeka...Topeka, Kansas! Code Kansas!

Now take that, spell it backwards and drop the S. Snake doc. Snake doctor. And brothers, who is the Greek Demigod of Medicine who believed that snakes' tongues had mystical healing powers? Aesculapius. He had a staff with snakes intertwining all around that bitch. They called it Aesculapius' staff. It's a symbol the medical field uses right to this day.

Now, what legend involving snakes is in both Greek and Roman mythology? It involves Aesculapius' own father! Apollo! Apollo slew the serpent at Delphi, which was a big-ass snake. And what, brothers, is the biggest snake in the world? The South American anaconda. Like Anaconda Malt Liquor! And how many words are there in total in Anaconda Malt Liquor? Just three.

latest

JP

A new Lego City game? The remaster of the first game is out in the middle of March so it could be a good opportunity to show the almost inevitable follow up.

RedHill

Banned
Because the blue theme resembles Shadow of Mordor too. It's definitely that or Bats.
"Blue theme" is meaningless when the font and logo is distinctly Batman and we get Arkham game announcements around this time usually. Not to mention this is a French announcement, which further points to it being a WB Montreal game

ReaperXL7

I'd be down if A Mordor sequel took place in a location other then Modor in Order to move away from all the dull colors of the first game, and spent more resources on the story side of things.

I still think Mordor was a fun game even if it did have flaws.

Irish

WB Montreal should have been heading up an open world Mortal Kombat action/adventure game with a nemesis system.

Absolutely. I had so much fun with the Konquest mode in previous Mortal Kombats and everyone knows Shaolin Monks was amazing. There is just so much lore to explore. Plenty of enemy race types, tons of factions (Black Dragon, Lin Kuei, Shirai Ryu, Special Forces, etc.), special move types out the ass, dying not really meaning anything, and many different realms for environmental variety.

Plus, you just know that it will sell gangbusters. How is this not being made?

RedHill

Banned
It's just surprising that they'd reveal Waynebats before SoM2. SoM was in dev since 2014 presumably, while Waynebats got greenlit in 2015. I've seen the concept art for Waynebats but I feel like we've been having SoM2 leaks for ages now.
Concept art? 👀

And I would agree with you if it wasn't that everything in that image screams Arkhamverse and it was French
fingers crossed that their giving the rights back to marvel
Wut

so far away...

I'm going to be pissed if it's another batman game.

Who am I kidding, it's definitely a batman game.

Such a great universe limited to just Gotham :/.

Concept art? 👀

Yeah the leaks from last year included information from a gaffer who runs a website. He mentioned several characters which there was concept art for, such as an old version of white rabbit, a female black mask, flamingo, dick grayson, poison ivy and maybe a few more I've forgotten. I've seen the art, it appears genuine (Bish vetted the guy) although there is never a guarantee that concepts make it into a game.

Some Nobody

Why would they announce this so early for one game? Couldn't be a line up announcement?

I thought that too, but it seems...farfetched? Involves a lot of being overly hopeful lol. Hm, aren't you the guy who first confirmed Son of Batman to begin with? No helpful teases or hints this time?

Top Bottom