• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Defuser

xc0wms.jpg

AniHawk

I'm glad to see people actually putting some time and thought into these things. There's a lot of great ones, but super metroid's and DigitalA1chemy's are my favorites right now.

Great thread. I'd love to see more of these. Also, create a website archive for these, maybe giving an award for the best ones :)

Mdk7

Sega1991 said:
What I lack in creativity I make up for in polish:

mm9.jpg
I love it!
And Metal B's one as well!

Meanwhile i fixed mine, now i'm onto the second idea... i hope i can do what i have in mind! :)

Vinci

Danish
Gabyskra said:
Publicists suck compared to some of you all.

Absolute truth. Many of these would get my attention. As if the game weren't enough to do that already, but yeah, top-notch stuff.

Beardz

PantherLotus said:
Adjust the copy to separate the words Some things and I think we have a finalist.

This is excellent. I want more critical (constructive) responses here folks!

Done, btw I hate your avatar, all times I spend like 10 seconds watching it...

Vinci

Danish
Beardz said:
Done, btw I hate your avatar, all times I spend like 10 seconds watching it...

She's awfully cute, isn't she? And the changes to your ad make it much better: Stellar work, my friend. I'd hire you.

Mdk7

I kinda made it...
I obviously took the idea from the whole evolution of the species thing... ;)
Here's my second attempt, i hope it works! :D

Megaman2.png

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
MDK7: I like that one, too, but you shoulda used the exact same sprite at the beginning and end of the timeline to really drive the point home.

Mdk7

Tathanen said:
MDK7: I like that one, too, but you shoulda used the exact same sprite at the beginning and end of the timeline to really drive the point home.
I thought about that at first, but i eventually decided to put a different sprite at the end of the series to give a more dynamic feel to it... also because it's pretty clear that it's the same 8-bit sprite, isn't it?

I totally see your point though, thanks for the compliments man! :)

Gomu Gomu

Mdk7 said:
I kinda made it...
I obviously took the idea from the whole evolution of the species thing... ;)
Here's my second attempt, i hope it works! :D

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l105/Murderdeathkill7/Megaman2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

slowclapping.gif

Orobi

PantherLotus said:
Orobi: love it. The only thing it really needs is a realistic looking footer with the included systems and legal info. I'd like to see it in black, too.

Ani: Good ideas. I'll update it tonight.

Yes, tnks :)
Tomorrow I will upload the final version with regular footer (and maybe another trial slogan)

Not totally happy yet. Still have to fix the lighter blue box and my logo's but in case I don't get back to it, here's what I got.

Ad.jpg

AniHawk

____ said:
So what'll the next game be?

Or when will it be posted?

I'm probably going to go with Persona 4. If enough people detest that idea, I'll go with something else (for now. It's something I really want to give a shot). The next game will be posted Midnight PST on January 23 (or sometime around there).

Sidzed2

This is an amazing thread; really love it - some great contributions.

I have to say, the 'viral' Eiffel Tower becoming pixelated one was just so clever and striking.

Bravo to all. I wish I had something more than Paint so I could contribute.

AniHawk

Sidzed2 said:
This is an amazing thread; really love it - some great contributions.

I have to say, the 'viral' Eiffel Tower becoming pixelated one was just so clever and striking.

Bravo to all. I wish I had something more than Paint so I could contribute.

If you have paint, use it. You're not being graded or anything. If you think you have a good idea, try to get it done with what little you have.

Sidzed2

AniHawk said:
If you have paint, use it. You're not being graded or anything. If you think you have a good idea, try to get it done with what little you have.

I like your bolstering of the underdog. We'll see how it goes! *Thinking cap on*

AniHawk said:
I'm probably going to go with Persona 4. If enough people detest that idea, I'll go with something else (for now. It's something I really want to give a shot). The next game will be posted Midnight PST on January 23 (or sometime around there).

I would imagine that most of the ads will depict suicide. :lol

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
AniHawk said:
Persona 3 is the suicidey game. Persona 4 is the jump into TVs game.

Will it be enough to quote one of those old "jump in" ads for the X360? :O

As far as this thread goes, my favourite ad is still the same. Most examples here, although several of them look kinda good, just go for the pixel-idea. It's a bit too easy :p

Flek

Banned
you know AniHawk its your (awesome) idea etc.

BUT you should do it like the "Assignment Threads" and let peoble vote for there favorite one:

"3) One vote for your first choice (3 points) and one vote for your runner-up (1 point), which can be based on any criteria you see fit. You cannot vote for your own submission. Non-participants are also welcome to vote. Criticism/comments encouraged."

and then let the winner chose the next "theme"

4) The "winner" should come up with a new theme/time period. Ties are broken first by the number of first choice votes, then by longest time since last win/thread start, then by longest amount of time participating in assignment threads."

AniHawk

Flek said:
you know AniHawk its your (awesome) idea etc.

BUT you should do it like the "Assignment Threads" and let peoble vote for there favorite one:

"3) One vote for your first choice (3 points) and one vote for your runner-up (1 point), which can be based on any criteria you see fit. You cannot vote for your own submission. Non-participants are also welcome to vote. Criticism/comments encouraged."

and then let the winner chose the next "theme"

4) The "winner" should come up with a new theme/time period. Ties are broken first by the number of first choice votes, then by longest time since last win/thread start, then by longest amount of time participating in assignment threads."

That's a good idea. I should probably do it sometime when school starts (which is next week, but the first week is always pretty much a wash). The thing I'm concerned about is that people will start viewing it as an actual competition, and it might scare some people away, or it might make others feel discouraged over time.

ItsInMyVeins said:
Will it be enough to quote one of those old "jump in" ads for the X360? :O

As far as this thread goes, my favourite ad is still the same. Most examples here, although several of them look kinda good, just go for the pixel-idea. It's a bit too easy :p

Thank you, kind sir. I thought for sure I would get some comments for even using the old-school Capcom logo, but nothing.

Top Bottom