• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Link Man

Banned
mm9ad1.jpg

2e4ym8o.png

This took much longer than it really should have. Took me forever to get a layout where I was actually happy with it, and I removed a lot of elements that were complicating it (such as screenshots, artwork etc).

Firestorm

mik said:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j161/Lunchcast/megaman9.jpg
Good god. That's amazing.

And is it just me or are there no super-hi-res versions of the XBLA, WiiWare, and PSN logos? Anyone have any?

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Wow, very impressive stuff in here. Can't wait to see more!

Mdk7

abstract alien said:
It kind of breaks the animation cycle i think he was trying to go after. I thought he was trying to basically have him stopping to pull the buster out, but if you replace the last sprite, it throws it off a bit(from the goal).

I get where you are coming from though, since repeating the first and last sprite signals a return to form.
Exactly. :D
And seeing it done with the same sprites for the first and the last in the series really makes me think it's better like i originally did: it breaks the cycle (still being recognizable!) and gives muche more movement and vitality to it.
It's like a break in the evolution flow, or at least that's how i see it. :lol

Glad you're liking it guys, thanks! *_*

Ledsen

mik said:
One moar...

megaman9b.jpg

I love it, but I really think it would work much better without the text at the top. It's kind of a GAF injoke and I think letting the picture speak for itself would make a bigger impact on me.

NZNova

Ledsen said:
I love it, but I really think it would work much better without the text at the top. It's kind of a GAF injoke and I think letting the picture speak for itself would make a bigger impact on me.

I agree - get rid of the text at the top, move the mega man logo into the blue bar at the bottom and leave the wiimote there by itself.

eXistor

OMG, I can't believe the high level of quality on most of these! I bow down to your skills.

/edit: I'm thinking of doing one myself, but I'm at work so I probably shouldn't. Perhaps not as creative as most of these, but I was thinking Mega Man on the left page of a 2-page ad and all the Robot Masters and maybe some normal enemies all packed together ready to fight Mega Man on the right page. I'm sure other games did this before, but other than Final Fantasy VI, I can't really think of one.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
robotnjik:

I think you should go with the classic logos instead of the controllers on that last one, though.

Spoo

I feel bad because this one ended up looking a lot like robotnjk's (which is WAY better, and made of win) but I had to do this :D

damn.jpg

Tenks

All these ads with Dr. Wiley as the middle boss are spoiling the storyline which was fully fleshed out and well told. Oscar worthy, really.

MNC

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I'm even getting goosebumps on some, just how awesome the slogans are. Jesus christ, why don't you guys make this your job

Edited :3

Banned
witness said:
That is Mark, made for quite a hilarious segment on one of his last podcast's on 1up :lol

I even know that photo for some reason and never figured it! I'd love to listen to that 1up Yours in retrospect! ahaha

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
GODDASMN! Some really talented stuff here. This thread needs to be going for the whole of 2009. Totally going to enter when some of my type of games are going to be done.

(Please no Persona though, as has been said before the yellow will kill our eyes :lol )

Exypher

AyuFanatic86 said:
@Exphyer: I really love your slogan, haha.

Thanks dude. I'm not that good with photoshop so I personally thought the execution was a bit lacking, but I'm glad I got some positive reactions :)

That one's awesome Pizza Luigi.

Top Bottom