• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

FoxSpirit

Man, some many awesome one, I could just repost half the thread. Still my faves are Orobi's "be a man", DigitalA1chemy's "super-duper-retro", super metroid's "sucks for you", Beard's "entering the boos room", robotnjik' "group shot", Link Man's "Pisa" and Keyser Soze's "difficult, you know".

Honorable mention to Orioto, that would be an excellent viral.
2nd honorable to PantherLotus, while I don't think the redblue MegaMan would be a good ad, it would make an excellent poster!

Okay, so a big shoutout to all who contributed, great work :D

Hmm, I'm not capable of shopping, but at least let's post something funny about MegaMan (not airman): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpP_BKPa5Oc&fmt=18
Have fun.

ehybmq.png

Yeah. We're all mature adults here, so I'm assuming that most of us are above this, but... :p

I hope the swearing doesn't offend any Americans in the room.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Beardz said:
I hope we can continue with the retro theme, like Contra, Mario, Sonic, etc.
I'd rather see it go back and forth between three categories: retro classics, current stuff, and "obvious trash." :)

XiaNaphryz said:
I'd rather see it go back and forth between three categories: retro classics, current stuff, and "obvious trash." :)
Me too. I'd like to see Super Mario Galaxy for the next one.

Keep up the good work everybody!

mik

mik is unbeatable
I'd almost like to try one for a game that's not necessarily a fun assignment, more a tough assignment. Like, say, Madden.

Link Man

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Man, some many awesome one, I could just repost half the thread. Still my faves are Orobi's "be a man", DigitalA1chemy's "super-duper-retro", super metroid's "sucks for you", Beard's "entering the boos room", robotnjik' "group shot", Link Man's "Pisa" and Keyser Soze's "difficult, you know".

Honorable mention to Orioto, that would be an excellent viral.
2nd honorable to PantherLotus, while I don't think the redblue MegaMan would be a good ad, it would make an excellent poster!

Okay, so a big shoutout to all who contributed, great work :D

Hmm, I'm not capable of shopping, but at least let's post something funny about MegaMan (not airman): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpP_BKPa5Oc&fmt=18
Have fun.
Thank you.

Vinci

Danish
Thus far, my vote goes to 'Sucks for You.' Just really sums up the insane challenge and has a very clean design. That said, all of these are pretty damned awesome.

EDIT: I would love to see some Chrono Trigger DS ads by you guys.

AniHawk

Flek said:
yeha mirrors edge sounds awesome :D

Mirror's Edge is definitely something I want to try, what with its solid colors and basic shapes. It'll be beautiful.

Vinci said:
EDIT: I would love to see some Chrono Trigger DS ads by you guys.

It was that "Wake up, Crono" ad that gave me the idea for this thread. It'll be a good one to do, but I don't want this thread to be all about Japanese games, all the time, so that might come later.

Mdk7

Exypher said:
This is definitely GOOD.
The whole idea is amazing, kudos to you man!

You should just make it somehow a little more vibrant, it's a little lacking in the "eye candy" factor IMHO.
Other than that it's really great!

AniHawk said:
It was that "Wake up, Crono" ad that gave me the idea for this thread. It'll be a good one to do, but I don't want this thread to be all about Japanese games, all the time, so that might come later.

Should try tossing in a real challenge, like an obscure PC turn-based strategy game.

DogWelder

Due midnight tonight or tomorrow?
Link Man said:
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m179/link-amn/mm9ad1.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]
If you don't mind, could you link me to the screenshot in the bottom left? I've been looking for that very screen since yesterday...

EDIT: Never mind, I found one...

Exypher

MNC said:
Oh my fucking God. This is clever.

Mdk7 said:
This is definitely GOOD.
The whole idea is amazing, kudos to you man!

You should just make it somehow a little more vibrant, it's a little lacking in the "eye candy" factor IMHO.
Other than that it's really great!

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Mdk7, I agree that it's a bit bland, but my photoshop skills really aren't up to par with the rest of you guys. I'll try to improve it somewhat, but don't expect much :)

Mdk7

Exypher said:
Thanks a lot for the kind words!

Mdk7, I agree that it's a bit bland, but my photoshop skills really aren't up to par with the rest of you guys. I'll try to improve it somewhat, but don't expect much :)
I'm no PS genius either, but your idea is truly great (also as it is now!)... it's subtle and clever, it would totally be a cool ad.

Anyway, i made another one, i can't help it... the whole topic is so cool!
I actually thought about two versions of the same concept... i originally put the name in, but eventually i think that the nameless one might be better since it's more of a tease (also considering the header!)...
But you have to decide guys! :D

Megaman3.png

Megaman3b.png

jts

...hate me...
joelseph said:
Really? I thought the exact opposite.
No shit, everybody knows about the crazy swearing kind of adds, it's a meme of sorts and I just threw it for a laugh. Kinda surprised there wasn't one in this thread already.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
TheGOHN said:
OK, this is a bit of a teaser so i didn't add any system logos or even the name.

hope you like.
PIC

Aight, my first thought when I saw that was that the "9" should be formed by the smoke without the use of a font. Just a suggestion :)

Top Bottom