• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
SRK just recognized this thread haha. Some of the ads in this thread are so full of fucking win. Amazing stuff.

I just noticed i accidentally put the wrong date on mine :lol Its so damn fun, but i really need to take my time...otherwise, Ill never catch panther, mik, and well, everyone else in this thread.

One of the best things to ever come from this thing we call the internet is this thread.

tapedeck said:
SRK just recognized this thread haha. Some of the ads in this thread are so full of fucking win. Amazing stuff.

It's good to see some of the talent in this thread get recognized. Great work by everyone, this thread really makes me want to improve my skill with software programs.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Haunted said:
Ah, so page 16 is where this thread delivers again.

So many good ones, it would be unfair to pick out any specific one. Well done, gentlemen.

edit: also, orioto sounds like an insecure perfectionist (a lethal combination to get your stuff out there), but we're all friends here - so just go for it, man. :D

Dont know what you are on about. This thread always delivers

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
tapedeck said:

Link to the thread where they are talking about it please

HK-47 said:
Dont know what you are on about. This thread always delivers
It really has. I damn near bought persona because of this thread :lol That said, I really do wish i was a bit better with visual design. Im an animator(if anyone wonders why i harp on framerates and animations, there you go), so this stuff is really out of my league...ill get there though.
*shakes fist*

HK-47 said:
Link to the thread where they are talking about it please
Its on the front page
http://shoryuken.com/

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
*Is excited to participate!*

*Looks at other entries*

*fails to see the point in even trying*

Some of you motherfuckers are truly humbling. I bow to you.

TheGOHN

OK, my last SF4 ad.

2zywhur.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
All the SF's are awesome... my favorites were mik's series of ads with quotes... the guy bandaged up from the different attacks, the quarters on the tv screen and the sheng long ad.... awesome work all around folks!

Orobi

Not 4 casuals, final one: now with 4=IV! :D
This single-page ad can be easily ported to a double page and represents the summary of the campaign N4c.

fx6q6g.jpg

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Really nice :D
Just nitpicking about the "Not IV casuals": I liked the splatter you used in the previous ads more ;)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I just wanted to pop in and say this shit is incredible. On this day, I love me some GAF.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Just a nitpick, and since I'm an asshole, but those "Not IV Causals" ads seems completely counterintuitive to what Capcom was try to accomplish with SF IV, mainly to grab the mainstream crowd and get back the casual gamers like the SF IIs of old.

Orobi

HK-47 said:
Just a nitpick, and since I'm an asshole, but those "Not IV Causals" ads seems completely counterintuitive to what Capcom was try to accomplish with SF IV, mainly to grab the mainstream crowd and get back the casual gamers like the SF IIs of old.

Yes, totally agree with you. But... I had a lot of fun making those ads with this copy and those human models. :D
Fixed version of 'final one', with splat font.

9942vo.jpg

AniHawk

Is "casuals" pretty widespread a term these days? Not sure how well known it is outside of GAF, and those ads would appear in a gaming magazine, but I think "4/IV the hardcore" might be a little more universal.

Orobi

AniHawk said:
Is "casuals" pretty widespread a term these days? Not sure how well known it is outside of GAF, and those ads would appear in a gaming magazine, but I think "4/IV the hardcore" might be a little more universal.

Yes, good idea.
Double page version:

x10ewh.jpg

2j3fn04.jpg

Calcaneus

Bravo to everyone in this thread. Really, almost every entry in this thread would make great ads. Really makes me wish I had any photo shop skill at all.

We really need more threads like this in GAF, challenging people's creativity.

AniHawk

Calcaneus said:
Bravo to everyone in this thread. Really, almost every entry in this thread would make great ads. Really makes me wish I had any photo shop skill at all.

We really need more threads like this in GAF, challenging people's creativity.

There was a neat little "make your own Mario World level" thread a while back. I think the guy who ran it started school again, though.

Orobi

Clever Pun said:
This has been an interesting progression to watch - and I think this last one is the best of them all. Good work!

Many tnks :)

I believe "4 the hardcore" would be better if placed in the right part of the ad, but I prefer to leave Ken at biggest size possible. Maybe I could put "4 the hardcore" over Ken...

Top Bottom