• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

TheGOHN

Polmacaoidh said:
Link looks pretty glum, doesn't he? :D
:lol

Im glad you like them.

wouldn't you look glum if you woke up on the beach of some island and had no clue where you were. ( Ive never played the game but from what Ive read about it thats what happened .)

Canti

I've been lacking inspiration for the last few games, but not for Zelda :D

24ffzoi.png

TunaLover

Jocchan said:
FUCK, I had (almost) the same idea :lol
2z4h8g4.jpg

I really like it, the letter at the bottom was a nice touch :D

AlucarD.eq one, is great, I love the the ''Sometimes Wake Up Hurts so much...''
It could be a good idea if more ads goes for an emotive side, I would love it.

Koren

AlucarD.eq said:
Really nice ...

My first try... please be nice :D

zelda-16bitcopy1.jpg

Edited
Try not to get too involved... I wish I knew. I stop playing for a couple a weeks just before the last boss because I didn't want to trigger the end (or more precisely, I wandered around the island without any goal).

I use this post to congratulate everyone here... So many good ideas and brilliant executions since the beginning of the thread. Keep this going.

Koren said:
Try not to get too involved... I wish I knew. I stop playing for a couple a weeks just before the last boss because I didn't want to trigger the end (or more precisely, I wandered around the island without any goal).

I use this post to congratulate everyone here... So many good ideas and brilliant executions since the beginning of the thread. Keep this going.

Yeah, That´s the way I felt the 2nd time I played... Please Nintendo make a Remake =D

Neo C. said:
This is touching. :')

Yeap, It´s almost like real life...

Sapiens said:

:lol :lol Really Nice

AniHawk

I think Jocchan's, AlucarD.eq's and Canti's are my three favorites so far, though there's a lot of good ones here.

Rogultgot: Your tagline is awesome.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
AniHawk said:
I think Jocchan's, AlucarD.eq's and Canti's are my three favorites so far, though there's a lot of good ones here.

AlucarD.eq's and Canti's are my favourite entries too, and I also like Hitoshi's one a lot... too bad it's not about Link's Awakening.

Canti

TheGOHN said:
I like that.
AniHawk said:

Jocchan said:
AlucarD.eq's and Canti's are my favourite entries too, and I also like Hitoshi's one a lot... too bad it's not about Link's Awakening.

Thanks, I didn't want to give the plot twist away and thought I could make my ad more unique by selling the GBC concept at the same time. I think 3 people liking mine is a record for me :lol

I like the adverts with a dark holiday theme, the Lost concept/parody works too imo. I'm starting to notice particular styles/design takes from frequent posters, which is cool. Good stuff from everyone as expected of gaf ;)

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
u_neek said:
Can we have something really bad like Superman 64? ;)
I'm hoping for something really awesome like Chrono Trigger.

Canti said:
Thanks, I didn't want to give the plot twist away and thought I could make my ad more unique by selling the GBC concept at the same time. I think 3 people liking mine is a record for me :lol
Yours was pretty good :)

Canti said:
I'm starting to notice particular styles/design takes from frequent posters, which is cool.
Examples, please :D

Neomoto

It would be fun to do a game like House of the Dead sometime in the future, I can imaging lots of greatness that GAF could do with it considering the type of game it is and the marketing it already had / hype on GAF.

TheGOHN said:
I like that font.
Yeah me to. If you want it, it's the font "Triforce", and you can find it here: http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/media/fonts/Triforce/Triforce.zip

AniHawk said:
Neomoto: What would you change about the font?
Not so much the font, but the text / writing I think. It would be awesome if the words where stronger / more emotional so to say. Have more impact. Don't know what those words might be though :)

Canti

As you asked Jocchan...

Jocchan:
edit: oops
Left4Dead
Zelda

I can see you have a thing for texture overlays ;) Adverts usually have eye catching statements regarding the game. Before I would've said clean with a focus on a single item but the Zelda ad proves me wrong XD

Focus on creating something visually striking with effects or renders. Heavy use of custom brushes. Thoughtful use of typography.

I myself have tend to lean towards photo manipulation. No real focal point to the image and cryptic taglines. Intended more as teasers to get people interested in researching the games.

Many more people with similar design themes between ads but I don't have time to go back through the whole thread. I guess the particular methodical approaches used to create stand out to me.

EDIT:
Jocchan said:
Thanks, but I didn't make the Mad World one... I joined the topic with SFIV ;)

Nice analysis, though :)
Ahhh it's gone 1AM here, that's my excuse :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Thanks, but I didn't make the Mad World one... I joined the topic with SFIV ;)

My entries so far:
Street Fighter IV: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14625165&postcount=1513 + http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14630553&postcount=1598
Left 4 Dead: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14656637&postcount=1715 + http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14672614&postcount=1809
Link's Awakening: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14694106&postcount=1879

Nice analysis, though :)

EDIT:
Canti said:
Ahhh it's gone 1AM here, that's my excuse :lol
2 AM here, so I'd better get some sleep :lol

AniHawk

u_neek said:
What game is next Ani?

Can we have something really bad like Superman 64? ;)

The next project will always be in the OP from now on (has been since Street Fighter IV, actually), right under the current project listing.

But in case no one's reading it (and they really should, because it drives me crazy to keep repeating myself), the next one will be the Sega Dreamcast.

AniHawk

Neomoto said:
Not so much the font, but the text / writing I think. It would be awesome if the words where stronger / more emotional so to say. Have more impact. Don't know what those words might be though :)

Maybe something more like this?

2mzxp9w.jpg

traveler

Not Wario
Such a great thread. We should start up something like this in the OT sometime. (Criterion collection covers or movie posters maybe?)

AniHawk

traveler said:
Such a great thread. We should start up something like this in the OT sometime. (Criterion collection covers or movie posters maybe?)

Movie posters would be great, considering how many of them really suck compared to the 70s and 80s. Usually just the actor's face on it these days and nothing else.

Someone else would have to do it though.

Jocchan said:

AniHawk said:

TunaLover said:
I really like it, the letter at the bottom was a nice touch :D

AlucarD.eq one, is great, I love the the ''Sometimes Wake Up Hurts so much...''
It could be a good idea if more ads goes for an emotive side, I would love it.

PedroRVD said:

Thanks so much to everybody.. Also I love Canti´s add too.

I´m trying to design a new one for tomorrow. Here in Ecuador (SA) It´s 00:20 am So.. I will try to finish it before night. Thanks again GAF... :D

TheGOHN

OK, I made one more for LA but now that is done I don't know if i should post it because it has a map of the game on it and I don't know if that would spoil anything.

Oh well here it is, its a two page ad.

i56mvp.jpg

TheGOHN

I think the white on either side of the egg is distracting and the Zelda logo needs to be bigger ( maybe if you moved it opposite of the Nintendo logo, It looks a bit out of place). I like it tho

orioto

Good Art™
I can't believe there is so little, i mean zero love for my add ! I must be absolutely lost in term of Add taste :lol

Top Bottom