• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
orioto said:
I can't believe there is so little, i mean zero love for my add ! I must be absolutely lost in term of Add taste :lol
I liked yours :)

Mama Robotnik said:
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo21/mappster77/ifishoulddiebefore.jpg[IMG]

More of a viral, preview advert. Tried to force a logo on but it just ruined it[/QUOTE]
Not bad. As an ad, it could still work if followed by another page advertising the game more clearly.

[QUOTE=u_neek]I'm SO ready for the Dreamcast!

Got a few ideas that I'm playing with now :D[/QUOTE]
I have two ads ready :P

Echoes

Mama Robotnik said:
ifishoulddiebefore.jpg

More of a viral, preview advert. Tried to force a logo on but it just ruined it
Amazing. I liked it a lot.

Neomoto said:
Anyway, the artwork inspired me to do a ad too, hope someone likes it since it's my first try.

1zxqfxt.jpg

This is one I could definitely see being in a magazine. I also like that it doesn't immediately say "THE GAME IS A DREAM," only vaguely hints at it. That was a sort of twist to the game's plot, after all.

pakkit

Banned
Dreamcast's original ad-campaign was already so slick. "It's Thinking." God damn, those got to me.

Sega's ad campaign RIP. I loved you guys. :'(

TheGOHN

AniHawk said:
It reminds me of something from the late 90s.

Thats good right? The late 90s were when the Dreamcast was on the market. ( I never even played one)

I think Dreamcast, thats what all the logos i found said.

TheGOHN said:
I think the DC logo is too subtle. I had to look it up and down three or four times before I saw it

Hm, for me I saw the Dreamcast logo pretty quickly, took me a while to see the SEGA logo though.

Ventrue

platypotamus said:
Might be the colorblindness, but I still don't see any logos at all :(
The bottom left circle (the last one fully visible) has an orange dreamcast swirl on it. Probably the colourblindness, yeah.

AniHawk

TheGOHN said:
Thats good right? The late 90s were when the Dreamcast was on the market. ( I never even played one)

It actually reminds me of Nintendo's "GET N TO IT" GBC commercials from 98-99. So yeah, it kinda captures the era well. IIRC, there was a bit of a 70s revival going on in the late 90s too.

TheGOHN

AniHawk said:
It actually reminds me of Nintendo's "GET N TO IT" GBC commercials from 98-99. So yeah, it kinda captures the era well. IIRC, there was a bit of a 70s revival going on in the late 90s too.

Wow, thanks to you I just got a great idea. I'll work on it tomorrow and have up by the end of the day.:D

santouras

crispyben said:
I must say it's hard not to look at your avatar(s)... Where are they from again? She's mesmerizing :D
you're never going to be a detective :) just look at the image filename and run it through youtube

PantherLotus said:
So you spent time looking at my advertisement?
BINGO!!!!!

;)

Heh, but then again people are here to look at the ads explicitly. And he knew it was a Dreamcast ad already so he was trying to figure out how it fit. Different contexts of course :D

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I've been following this thread and some of the stuff has been amazing so far. Anyway, I thought I'd have a go at one :D

ej8l5h.png

I tried adding a console picture in the bottom left but it looked cluttered. I'm also not that happy with the tagline so perhaps it would be better if I removed it.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
:lol I haven't seen that movie yet because I heard terrible things about the story and Mark Wahlberg's performance. It gives my picture a hidden sinister feel. I like it!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Willy Wanka said:
I've been following this thread and some of the stuff has been amazing so far. Anyway, I thought I'd have a go at one :D

http://i44.tinypic.com/ej8l5h.png[IMG]

I tried adding a console picture in the bottom left but it looked cluttered. I'm also not that happy with the tagline so perhaps it would be better if I removed it.[/QUOTE]
Best one so far.

Willy Wanka said:

ej8l5h.png

I tried adding a console picture in the bottom left but it looked cluttered. I'm also not that happy with the tagline so perhaps it would be better if I removed it.

that's great

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I know i'm a little late....

hitoshi said:
I've had no idea / inspiration how to finish it, so WIP version, don't bash it too hard please.

zelda_retro_gaf.jpg

(and it's not exactly link's awakening)

Seeing this AD threw me right back at some old thread on gaf. There's lots of Zelda Sprites on Forest Backgrounds there, along with other games too.

AlucarD.eq said:
Really nice ...

My first try... please be nice :D

zelda-16bitcopy1.jpg

Edited

I was gonna ask for that background image, but then i remembered that it's also on that same thread I linked earlier...

Just though it was a funny coincidence...

selig

Banned
Uh, Links Awakening already over? :-/
Didnt have time to make a better transition from one to the other picture, oh well:

nydzwi.jpg

Top Bottom