• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed 68 07/08/11 - Earth Defense Force, Dungeon Siege, Transformers

Ellis Kim

Banned
The heat may be getting to the crew as this week the show starts out a little...well, let's call it loose. Andrea Rene checks in for her monthly appearance, joining Xav, Jeff, and Garnett to talk Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon, Dungeon Siege III, Transformers Dark of the Moon, and more. In the Warning the conversation turns to whether we enjoy games like Darksiders for what they are or for scratching the Zelda itch while we wait for the next game in the series. Xav kicks off a new approach on the news, inviting more discussion on the stories that have the community buzzing. That takes things right up to Finishing Moves to end things on a high note.

Whatcha' Been Playin Part 1: Start: 00:00:00 End: 00:29:50
Whatcha' Been Playin Part 2: Start: 00:30:24 End: 01:00:16
The Warning: Start: 01:01:24 End: 01:31:04
Featured music Del Rio feat. Mista Perkins - "What I Used To Be" Start: 01:31:04 End: 01:34:15
The Front Page news: Start: 01:34:15 End: 02:14:32

http://www.shacknews.com/article/69216/weekend-confirmed-68-earth-defense

iTunes - http://www.itunes.com/podcast?id=364678400
RSS - http://www.shacknews.com/extras/podcast/weekendconfirmed.xml

Direct Download - http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/cf.shacknews.com/podcast/wknd_confirmed_070811_68.mp3

Loot Patrol is my new nerdcore/Snow Patrol mashup dubstep coverband

Apparently Garnett played some Final Fantasy. Listening now.

Ellis Kim

Banned
shine_get.jpg

DMczaf

Only 15 mins in and already a show-stopping cringe-inducing sex joke toward Andrea from Garnett.

He's probably just trolling these threads, but damn.

Ellis Kim

Banned
DMczaf said:
Only 15 mins in and already a show-stopping cringe-inducing sex joke toward Andrea from Garnett.

He's probably just trolling these threads, but damn.
I really don't know where he was going with the two shooter thing :p

EDF:IA should be the poster boy of 'more fun than good.' Let me guess, someone (or possibly everyone) will shit on it?

Also as for Andrea being on the show, I ain't even mad.

I have a Duty to hear the Call of the Weekend. Where do I put the C4?

Curufinwe said:
I'm a big fan of Weekend Confirmed's monthly visitor.

Somewhere on GAF a gif is brewing that I do not want to see...

EDIT:

1 minute in and a total Christan Spicer diss

Do we know anyone with "C" names?
Uhh....

That better be sarcasm, Plan C is the best plan

Tyrax

Does anyone else think that EDF:IA would have sold more units as a downloadable game? Could the market even handle a $40 or $30 downloadable game?

Moofers

So who is Del Rio to this show exactly? Is he just like Garnett's friend or what? Also, is his music supposed to be serious, or ironic?

LiK

Moofers said:
So who is Del Rio to this show exactly? Is he just like Garnett's friend or what? Also, is his music supposed to be serious, or ironic?
Producer and editor

Curufinwe

Moofers said:

Well here you are actively trying to stop his shine, so that song at least is very serious.

Take a drink every time:

Garnett:
  • makes a sexual innuendo that doesn't make sense
  • fakes a horrible impression of a fictional figure or accent (Shadow780)
  • laughs really long and hard at something.. like whenever someone says, "long and hard" (DangerStepp)
  • repeats something someone else said with a dramatic deep voice (Oni Jazar)
  • makes a Canadian joke when Xav is on (LiK)
Jeff:
  • says something is 'phenomenal' with great enunciation
  • says "onus" (DangerStepp)
  • mentions Heavy Rain or Red Dead Redemption (DangerStepp)
  • makes an obscure 80s hip hop reference and commences to sing the majority of the song while Garnett beatboxes (DangerStepp)
Andrea:
  • giggles
Xav:
  • says the f-word (DangerStepp)
Group:
  • chuckles appreciatively after a Del Rio remix

Feel free to add your own

Ellis Kim

Banned
Neuromancer... I think that drinking game is meant for alcohol poisoning more than fun D:

Oh wait, you said drink, not shot, phew.

24FrameDaVinci said:
lol @ Cannata's "you hate Japanese/Black people" comments. Perfect timing.

That was Vinny level stuff right there. You know I think its time for a new Vinny and Jeff
Cannata
endurance run

Neuromancer said:
Take a drink every time:

Jeff:
  • makes an obscure 80s hip hop reference and commences to sing the majority of the song while Garnett beatboxes

HOW DID I MISS THIS EVENT?

Goldmund

This episode was extremely difficult to listen to. Garnett's humor might be juvenile, but he's the only one on the show who voices an opinion worth sharing.

Turned it off after 5 minutes, wow that turned uncomfortable quick. I think Garnett sits around writing dick jokes instead of finishing games.

f0rk

Is being a gamer really expensive? I can think of a lot of things I could do for a lot worse time/price ratio, with less enjoyment.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Proposed Law said:
Turned it off after 5 minutes, wow that turned uncomfortable quick. I think Garnett sits around writing dick jokes instead of finishing games.
I would make an exception for Bulletstorm.

f0rk said:
Is being a gamer really expensive? I can think of a lot of things I could do for a lot worse time/price ratio, with less enjoyment.
I tend to buy a new game twice a year, everything else is used/extremely discounted so $ is not an issue whatsoever. I can imagine a thousand other hobbies that would cost way more than gaming on one console/handheld (PS3/DSi) would.

Top Bottom