• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekend Confirmed 68 07/08/11 - Earth Defense Force, Dungeon Siege, Transformers

rabhw said:
Please stop having Andrea on the show.

Her position that game servers being shut down is a GOOD thing is so incomprehensible and idiotic that I had to rewind the podcast and make sure I heard it correctly.

How could shutting down game servers, preventing people from playing the games (at least the online portion) that they've paid money for, be a GOOD thing....ever?!

She never explained her position at all. Idiot.

I thought I must have dreamt that part, because I came into this thread and didn't see anyone calling her on it.

LiK

Dead Man Typing said:
I thought I must have dreamt that part, because I came into this thread and didn't see anyone calling her on it.

they probably zone out when she talks :p

Dead Man Typing said:
I've pretty much given up calling her out for the ridiculous things she says, because she says so many. It's just not even worth it any more. And as far as I know she doesn't have an account here so she can't respond.

rabhw

Dead Man Typing said:

The thing is, I'm pretty sure she's just one of those people who tries to say something shocking and contrarian for the sake of standing out. Because Jeff went on to explain how doing that dilutes the value of the brand by making games disposable entities. She just kinda sat there from that point onwards.

Sorry for the thread bump I guess, I listen to these slowly throughout my week on my lunch break and finally got to that part.

LiK

rabhw said:
The thing is, I'm pretty sure she's just one of those people who tries to say something shocking and contrarian for the sake of standing out. Because Jeff went on to explain how doing that dilutes the value of the brand by making games disposable entities. She just kinda sat there from that point onwards.

Sorry for the thread bump I guess, I listen to these slowly throughout my week on my lunch break and finally got to that part.
Not a bump unless you're 2 shows behind. :)

Andrea started out okay but she does get more and more grating with each new appearance. Thank gawd Jeff and Xav are there to balance out the discussions.

rabhw

LiK said:
Not a bump unless you're 2 shows behind. :)

Andrea started out okay but she does get more and more grating with each new appearance. Thank gawd Jeff and Xav are there to balance out the discussions.

That's exactly how I'd describe listening to her. Grating. It wears on you until by the end of the show you're just thinking "okay seriously, shut the fuck up now."

I never thought I'd be saying this but I really like Spicer. He actually calls people on bullshit, and when he isn't doing that, he can explain in depth why something is enjoyable or not, beyond just fluffing about "experience" and "gameplay".

PS: Jeff is awesome :)

I love how Garnett acts all contrarian and devil's advocate to get a convo going only to COMPLETELY STOP said convos with some horrendously unfunny sexual 'joke'...

I know he likes to play devil's advocate but I don't remember him doing that in this episode. What specifically are you talking about?

Deadstar

I disagree with Andrea's point about shutting down game servers however it's her point of view. If she is the type of person to play a game and move on then why should she care? Personally I may play only one game for a very long period of time so I am obviously opposed to the idea of shutting servers down after a while. Again, it's just her opinion.

Also, great show this week but you didn't talk about steam sales.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DevelopmentArrested said:
I love how Garnett acts all contrarian and devil's advocate to get a convo going only to COMPLETELY STOP said convos with some horrendously unfunny sexual 'joke'...
I think the awkward silence is the funny part.

rabhw

Deadstar said:
I disagree with Andrea's point about shutting down game servers however it's her point of view. If she is the type of person to play a game and move on then why should she care? Personally I may play only one game for a very long period of time so I am obviously opposed to the idea of shutting servers down after a while. Again, it's just her opinion.

If she's the type of person to play and then move on, then you're right, why should she care? But why say it's a GOOD thing that it's happening.

There's a difference between being indifferent because it doesn't affect you, and blurting out idiotic shit for shock value.

LiK

rabhw said:
If she's the type of person to play and then move on, then you're right, why should she care? But why say it's a GOOD thing that it's happening.

There's a difference between being indifferent because it doesn't affect you, and blurting out idiotic shit for shock value.
I like when she said didn't like FF and decided to completely ignore their discussion by playing with her phone which made them switch topics.

rabhw

LiK said:
I like when she said didn't like FF and decided to completely ignore their discussion by playing with her phone which made them switch topics.

*after extended, nonsensical rant*
"Do you even like JRPG's Andrea?"
"No!!!"

smh.

Deadstar

rabhw said:

I forgot about that part. I don't think it can ever be a good thing because fans of the game or service are being cut off.

Gaaraz

What do you think the likelehood is that they will release a 'highlights' podcast with just the best or most interesting/funny bits?

Just watching a TRS podcast from last week and Jeff and Garnett are just awesome, but I simply don't have the time to dedicate an hour+ to a podcast, let alone 2 or more hours! :/

Osietra

Banned
As I suspected, now that Daddy Lee is away, the dynamic has explowed between two T's and one N and the news guy.

Where's my free podcast guys?

Osietra

Banned
In serious mode though. Weekend confirmed is current Lee far more enjoyable than the Bombcast because of the less contrived funny. Jeff Canards is a quick quipping mofo.

Top Bottom