• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Famitsu News Thread (scans = bye bye account)

duckroll

Macross Ace Frontier (PSP, Bandai Namco, 2008 Fall)
- Developed by Art Dink
- Comprises of SDF Macross, DYRL, Mac+ and Mac7.

Raiden IV (360, Moss, Sept 11 2008)
- Xbox360 mode adds 2 stages to the Arcade mode for a total of 7.
- Xbox Live score ranking.

Persona 4 (PS2, Atlus, July 10 2008)
- The last party member, Naoto Shirogane, is voiced by Park Romi. It's the kid in the detective get up.
- His Persona is Sukuna Hikona. The Persona looks like a caped crusader character with a Bee mask and a Gundam beamsaber.

Stormbringer said:
Famitsu TOS review bits :

- Some aspects of the game system have been improved compared to the previous game, such as the tempo, the production value, as well as the strategic aspect.
- Plenty of events
- The battles difficulty has been upped. Increasing the experience is indispensable in this case.
- Would have benefited from more polish
- Its numerous references to the previous game (characters, story) make that there no prerequisite (to enjoy the game), but it would really be better to play the previous one before.

Not to give any credibility to the Famitsu scores and reviews, but although on one hand, a relatively crappy score for a hyped game in Famitsu tends to a pretty bad sign, on the other hand, the mini-review tells me mostly what I want to hear in terms of positive aspect...
Guess we will have to wait for some more detailled impressions (J-Gaffers ?) to know more precisely what kind of game it turned to be.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Macross Ace Frontier (PSP, Bandai Namco, 2008 Fall)
- Developed by Art Dink
- Comprises of SDF Macross, DYRL, Mac+ and Mac7.

Hopefully the YF-19 is in this game...as an unlockable or something.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Raiden IV (360, Moss, Sept 11 2008)
- Xbox360 mode adds 2 stages to the Arcade mode for a total of 7.
- Xbox Live score ranking.

HOT! Raiden IV was awesome in the arcades.

Just for an advance notice, any new Wii games?

The issue two weeks ago was great, with Tenchu 4 and Rune Factory Frontier, hopes there's at least one new game this week! :D

Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk - 8887
Bleach the 3rd Phantom - 7768
The Tower DS - 7878
Jigsaw World - 7676
Band Bros DX - 99910
Sengoku Basara X - 7777
Derby Stallion DS - 9879

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Hero of legend said:
Great!

Just checked, and the original on the GC got a 34!

Edit: Shit, so KoR got a 31? :/

Oh well, I wasn't expecting it to be mindblowing anyway.

Why are you caring about a Famitsu review score?

duckroll

I regret making the thread now. It seems there isn't much more news. Another shitty week. At least there's a Macross game and the Raiden 4 home port is confirmed again... :(

Firestorm

Hero of legend said:
It is the first review is it not? And the fact it got a lower score than it's predecessor isn't very assuring. :/
Famitsu's scores say more about the company's marketing budget for the game than the game's actual quality.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
I regret making the thread now. It seems there isn't much more news. Another shitty week. At least there's a Macross game and the Raiden 4 home port is confirmed again... :(

Blah

So its safe to turn in for the night?

I pretty much expected Raiden IV on 360, since I remember UFO Interactive mentioned something about Raiden IV on 360. Awesome news to see it confirmed. :D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Great, at least it means I might make it home before Hexagon ends tonight!

Band Brothers DX 99910 -- Fuck yeah bitches.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Apologies for being out of the loop, but why are Famitsu scans bannable now?

duckroll

schuelma said:
Blah

So its safe to turn in for the night?

I don't know why anyone bothers to stay up for Famitsu news anymore. We don't even have scans here anymore. If anything interesting does pop up, it'll probably be better to get all the information the next day anyway rather than staying up for bits and pieces. :)

Rawkus

Chris Michael said:
Band Bros DX - 99910

linlincq0wy5.gif

Can't wait!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
duckroll said:
I don't know why anyone bothers to stay up for Famitsu news anymore. We don't even have scans here anymore. If anything interesting does pop up, it'll probably be better to get all the information the next day anyway rather than staying up for bits and pieces. :)

Usually I don't, but since the news started trickling in a lot earlier than usual I decided to wait it out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chris Michael said:
There's a scan with various games, including P4, Versus XIII, and... Animal Crossing Wii.

There's only one small screen. Looks just like the DS version to me.

What.

Kyoufu

Chris Michael said:
There's a scan with various games, including P4, Versus XIII, and... Animal Crossing Wii.

Oh my, is it a reminder to the public that the game is still in production or is there actually new info/screens?

duckroll

Yaweee said:
Should be another Persona 4 article, if their 2-week pattern holds true.

Yup. Another 2 page article. This week it features the last party member, Naoto Shirogane, voiced by Park Romi. It's the kid in the detective get up. His Persona is Sukuna Hikona. The Persona looks like a caped crusader character with a Bee mask and a Gundam beamsaber. :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
!

ACWii? But they had their "Monthly Nintendo News" column last week?

I bet its an article asking where ACWii is, and this is another case of someone trying to interpret scans without knowing any Japanese. It is, isn't it!

Jaruru

Chris Michael said:
Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk - 8887
Bleach the 3rd Phantom - 7768
The Tower DS - 7878
Jigsaw World - 7676
Band Bros DX - 99910
Sengoku Basara X - 7777
Derby Stallion DS - 9879

GREAT SCORE for Band Bros DX~!

duckroll

sp0rsk said:
!

ACWii? But they had their "Monthly Nintendo News" column last week?

This is why you don't listen to Chris Michael. :lol

It's just the Top 10 most wanted games section. Animal Crossing Wii is always there, and they use the DS version as a screenshot. Same with Versus XIII. No news there.

Top Bottom