• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly Japanese Magazine Dirty News (Squeenix loves PSP, EGM was right!)

Amir0x

Banned
oh god i just thought what FFVI Anniversary Edition will look like in this engine

oh god someone stop SquareEnix

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Amir0x said:
oh god i just thought what FFVI Anniversary Edition will look like in this engine

Maybe they'll license 3D RPG Maker for FFVI?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jonnyram said:
It is! I don't think these sprites look good at all.
Huh.
Aside from old-man-chocobo I think it looks rather nice.

h-104_65686_ff03.jpg.jpg

From an aesthetics standpoint, the enemy sprites look hideous. And I get the sneaking suspicion that the same doesn't apply to the heroes only because it would be incredibly difficult to screw up such simple designs.

Is that a broadsword spear?

They should have added halberds in as a new weapon.

ethelred

Actually, I do think the games look pretty nice.

But it's still FFI and FFII. Again. Separately, this time, when I already own both Origins and Dawn of Souls. Totally pass.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Avalon said:
RPG Maker XP sprites still look better.
I know I'm a huge FF whore, but I am sure as hell not seeing these looking better.

B.K.

I think the Knight and Thief sprites in Final Fantasy look better, but there's something about the two Mages I don't like.

Ranger X

Wow. I can't wait to play the good old FFs for a 348096437910th time.
Squaresoft should be making that FF7 remake instead. fockers.

Avalon

RevenantKioku said:
I know I'm a huge FF whore, but I am sure as hell not seeing these looking better.

Well, I'm sure you aren't the only one. I just can't believe they are "remaking" FFI/II for the fourth (?) time and that is the best they can do...

EDIT: Hell, they could use the FFIII DS engine and could have remade them...

cvxfreak

I think the remakes look great...

Speaking of which, maybe SE will bundle them together in a nice gift box for the low, low price of 8800 Yen. :)

nelsonroyale said:
hmmm, Ive enjoyed the ff series more since the ps era...infact I felt out of the ff Ive played...ffvi was the least compelling with the blandest characters, and the easiest, I completely cruised through it, last time I played it side to side with FFiv, and enjoyed that more...

...wow. Quite the contrary from what I feel.

john tv said:
Please. It looks terrible considering how it COULD look on PSP. What are you people, blind? :)

No, but considering how it HAS looked being such an old title brought about yet again, I'm pleasantly surprised it being a bit more than just another simple port job with extras to cash in.

Eh, low expectations I guess. Though I certainly agree they aren't even trying to fully utilize PSP hardware, FFIII pushed DS much harder.

KTallguy

Banned
Amir0x said:

And I just bought the GBA version :( :( :( :(

Honestly, making the game 3d and stuff is nice, but these games are purely about the nostolgia.

DS FF3 didn't do incredibly well either.

ethelred

KTallguy said:
And I just bought the GBA version :( :( :( :(

Honestly, making the game 3d and stuff is nice, but these games are purely about the nostolgia.

DS FF3 didn't do incredibly well either.

Huh?

Shouta

Y helo thar people, almost 670+ posts and I didn't respond until now! Buwaha.

Anyway, this SE milking is pretty bad heh. The game looks good despite looking like it was done with RPGmaker sprites.

Fady K

Woah, the screens looks quite good now :) This sucks tho, im playing FFII from Dawn of Souls RIGHT NOW! Buh...I notice such a difference graphically though.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I was looking in the latest Famitsu today at the screenshots and while the resolution is greatly raised from previous versions the game gives off a real Legend of Heroes vibe in the way its visuals are. It looks good, but kind of strange at the same time.

cartman414 said:
...wow. Quite the contrary from what I feel.

fair Ive played it twice, and enjoyed it but there is very little depth to the game....some of teh music in the world of ruin is excellent though

peace

nelsonroyale said:
fair Ive played it twice, and enjoyed it but there is very little depth to the game....some of teh music in the world of ruin is excellent though

peace

Elaborate on why there is "little depth".

Ceb

High-res SD sprites will probably always have a look similar to this, but yeah, looks pretty bad. Too "clinical".

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
In this month's Famitsu issue there was an interview with 4 Square-Enix guys and they said this announcement was just the beginning of their plans for the 20th anniversary. In fact at the very end of the interview Shinji Hashimoto (one of the Square-Enix guys being interviewed) said that they planned to "cause quite a commotion [with further announcements] sometime in April or beyond."

Zefah said:
In this month's Famitsu issue there was an interview with 4 Square-Enix guys and they said this announcement was just the beginning of their plans for the 20th anniversary. In fact at the very end of the interview Shinji Hashimoto (one of the Square-Enix guys being interviewed) said that they planned to "cause quite a commotion [with further announcements] sometime in April or beyond."
Oh no, didn't they have enough with DQIX? :lol

We are going to need new servers just for that thread...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Zefah said:

ff7 wiimake...really can`t w8 :)

cw_sasuke

cank stoochie said:
i dont get it, if there's going to be a ff7 remake surely its going to be on the ps3. cosidering they've already shown us a tech demo on the ps3

back then nobody could see what will happen 07... or that dq9 will be on ds....

they want to make money... ff13 on ps2 is already a financial risk...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
cank stoochie said:
i dont get it, if there's going to be a ff7 remake surely its going to be on the ps3. cosidering they've already shown us a tech demo on the ps3

The tech demo was just a pre-rendered movie if I remember correctly. Its not like they had an actual game or even a game engine made for that presentation. Or was your post sarcasm?

Eteric Rice

cank stoochie said:

I don't think that tech demo was even made by Square. : /

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Zefah said:
The tech demo was just a pre-rendered movie if I remember correctly. Its not like they had an actual game or even a game engine made for that presentation. Or was your post sarcasm?

That demo was not pre-rendered Cg, but real-time scripted animation using their in-development PLAYSTATION 3 engine (the White Engine IIRC).

Jammy

Banned
cank stoochie said:

That was when everybody thought PS3's sales would be great.

Meh, you guys are reaching, IMO. Most likely square is just gonna dump a ton of their old games on the PSP. You know, get the sucke^H^H^H^H^H customers' money before the emus do.

cw_sasuke said:
back then nobody could see what will happen 07... or that dq9 will be on ds....

they want to make money... ff13 on ps2 is already a financial risk...

you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

cw_sasuke

TheJollyCorner said:
you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, do you?

no, i just gotta improve my english writing skills... ok for u ?

Top Bottom