• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Weekly JP News thread of 2/8, 1001, and ENGLISH OF THE DEAD: SEGA REDEEMED!

soul

Kyoufu said:
Surfer Girl says "very very soon" for the unveil.

She also says its not related to FFXI :/

As in every thread "Surfer Girl" is mentioned I must yet again remind you that IT'S PROBABLY A DUDE.

Kyoufu

soul said:
As in every thread "Surfer Girl" is mentioned I must yet again remind you that IT'S PROBABLY A DUDE.

It probably is but it doesn't feel right calling Surfer Girl "he", you know?

batbeg

soul said:

And it's REALLY ANNOYING TO MENTION IT! It's the internet, she's a character, calling her a dude just makes it annoying when we talk about Surfer Girl. So even though you think everyone in the game industry has a penis, can we just suspend the paranoia?

Anyway, new FF info :D :D :D

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
will import english of the dead. it will help with memorizing kanji when i get to that point in learning the language. hopefully it'll be out by then. also, the cartridge is made of concentrated awesome and win :lol

also, spring release of Fatal Frame and with Nintendo working on it means that localization could mean a summer launch date. this also fits in with Nintendo's new policy of keeping games under wraps until a couple of months before launch. if Fatal Frame comes out by May, that's some short notice. can't wait to see it stateside. :D

Mandoric

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
What the hell is IMAS, don't tell me that is the nickname for The Idolmaster.

Return of what?

It's the short name for Idolmaster, but it's also the handle used by a guy who reliably bought Famitsu early for a while, then stopped, but did it again today.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Mandoric said:
It's the short name for Idolmaster, but it's also the handle used by a guy who reliably bought Famitsu early for a while, then stopped, but did it again today.

Sorry, I had no idea.

I looked at that statement and said, "where the hell is my Idolmaster news?"

:lol

B.K. said:
Final Fantasy V DS announcement?

I doubt it. But it's kind of surprising when you think about the fact that there are no [announced] Final Fantasy games on the horizon for the DS.

There's going to be an inevitable FBC game, but hopefully it's more of a traditional RPG and actually good. If Kitase/Nomura is involved hopefully it isn't like the Kingdom Hearts situation (where all of the effort goes into the PSP/cellphone versions while the DS version is an outsourced piece of crap).

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, I can see the NA port now...

THE THESAURUS OF THE DEAD

B.K.

Chris Michael said:
I doubt it. But it's kind of surprising when you think about the fact that there are no [announced] Final Fantasy games on the horizon for the DS.

It's time for them to announce Final Fantasy V, since Final Fantasy IV is already out.

B.K. said:
It's time for them to announce Final Fantasy V, since Final Fantasy IV is already out.

Yeah, but they usually announce their stuff in conferences (SE Party, TGS, etc). The only times I can recall them announcing stuff in mags is like a week before said conferences.

batbeg

Chris Michael said:
Yeah, but they usually announce their stuff in conferences (SE Party, TGS, etc). The only times I can recall them announcing stuff in mags is like a week before said conferences.

Wait... FF news next week... GDC week after...

:O

FFVII REMAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

:p

sasimirobot

English of the Dead" sounds really really cool.

I can see a JGaf high score thread in the future.
Whose J-penis is bigger?

Teknoman

* At FF7 design period, they were undecisive about how spiky to make Cloud's hair
HA! Cant believe people arent running with this.

* Lightning has goat legs
What...? Another Zidane style character with animal characteristics?

ivysaur12

Banned
Lightning has goat legs? I don't understand, that doesn't seem to fit given the tone of FFXIII, and from the pictures we've seen.

Ceb

Teknoman said:
* At FF7 design period, they were undecisive about how spiky to make Cloud's hair
HA! Cant believe people arent running with this.

It's old, that's why. Cloud originally had dark, slicked-back hair.

Raistlin

ENGLISH OF THE DEAD (DS/Sega/spring '08)
* Action game where you defeat hordes of zombies with the power of English
* Zombies spew Japanese, and you write the English translation in on the touchscreen
* 6 stages
* Training, Auto Listening modes

oh my >_<

HURRY UP MICROSOFT!!!!!!11! BETTER BUY 'EM BEFORE THE PRICE GETS ANY HIGHER!!1!!

Jonnyram

TheJollyCorner said:
exactly.
translation error?
It seems the OP took some liberties in his/her translation ;)
The muscles in her legs are as strong as goats, or something like that. You can get the picture. Not those mountain goats in switzerland though - Japanese antelope goats like this (serow is the actual name of the breed)...

Lightmatter_japanese_serows.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait...Lightning has GOAT LEGS?

I'm slouching on my Japanese study lately, so English of the Dead is a 1st day buy.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dali said:
Does this mean the guys will look like... well... guys? I hope new hair styles are also part of these revisions. Better yet, just take a break from this one, Nomura, and let another designer with less homo-erotic fantasies about teenage boys help out a little.

Homo-erotic? I guess all the dudes in downtown Osaka are gay then...actually that would make a lot of sense.

Why are you surprised? Nomura is Japanese, and he's "hip." Naturally he's going to design characters that look hip by Japanese standards.

They don't look the least bit gay to me. They look effeminate, but last time I checked, that didn't mean gay.

Matsuno

soul said:
Next week's issue is going to be loaded with FF.

New Final Fantasy game or new Final Fantasy(XIII, Dissidia, ecc...) info?
however today or tomorrow will see the Jump's scans...

Mandoric

Banned
Jonnyram said:
It seems the OP took some liberties in his/her translation ;)
The muscles in her legs are as strong as goats, or something like that. You can get the picture.

Figured GAF would assume "muscular, maybe a bit stringy, athletic" rather than "furry". Was disappointed. :lol

justchris

neo2046 said:
FF4-2 Mobile

I love the designs, the characters really look like they fit the original FF4 designs.

I hate that it's a game I'll never get a chance to play. Bloody Japanese cell phone games :(

Mandoric

Banned
Mario Kart courses.

NEW:
"Mushroom Cup"
Luigi Circuit
Moo Moo Country
Mushroom Canyon
Toad Factory

"Flower Cup"
Mario Circuit - Figure-8 with underpass
Coconuts Mall