• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome to Night Vale [Mafia] |OT| The Dog Park will not harm you

Mike, if you're like, implying what I think you're implying then please just like, end this nonsense right now. I dunno what Sorian's up to but it like, sounds suspiciously like he's trying to buy just one more night.

I want approval from him first! Doesn't knowing the possibility of ending the game now (hopefully) and read the reactions of scum and squidyj? I cant fucking wait loool

Sorian

Banned
What about the possibility of having two scums right now. One role blocker and one can read your night chat (which is highly unlikely).
They already know who the Sk is, ready to block tonight. Saving karu next day phase. And leaving us with a dead ferret. With still 2 scums left. All hypothetical. You still wouldnt like to kill a scum with no risk of failure right now? Your SK might choke on you and kill his real target. No gentleman agreement can hold in mafia..

The SK is already aware that if they fail tonight I will still be out for blood tomorrow so if Karu does not die then that will be our lynch target tomorrow. So on the off chance that that particular scenario comes up on the SK is role blocked then too bad so sad. I've agreed to help them but I didn't agree to throw the game on my behalf for it. I'm also purposely going after the most suspicious person I could find because there probably is 2 scum. Just because Karu is confirmed doesn't change the fact that I think Ferret is the other one.

Mike, if you're like, implying what I think you're implying then please just like, end this nonsense right now. I dunno what Sorian's up to but it like, sounds suspiciously like he's trying to buy just one more night.

I AM TRYING TO BUY ONE MORE NIGHT. THAT IS 100% WHAT I AM DOING SCRAFTY. I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

I'm not yelling at you, I just thought caps would make for more emphasis because in no way am I trying to sell this as anything else. I am buying time for the SK to win, that is all.

I want approval from him first! Doesn't knowing the possibility of ending the game now (hopefully) and read the reactions of scum and squidyj? I cant fucking wait loool

Mike, you have the power to make a choice today, you've heard the cases from both side. I'd prefer you just do it right now as opposed to waiting.

The SK is already aware that if they fail tonight I will still be out for blood tomorrow so if Karu does not die then that will be our lynch target tomorrow. So on the off chance that that particular scenario comes up on the SK is role blocked then too bad so sad. I've agreed to help them but I didn't agree to throw the game on my behalf for it. I'm also purposely going after the most suspicious person I could find because there probably is 2 scum. Just because Karu is confirmed doesn't change the fact that I think Ferret is the other one.

I AM TRYING TO BUY ONE MORE NIGHT. THAT IS 100% WHAT I AM DOING SCRAFTY. I HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY.

I'm not yelling at you, I just thought caps would make for more emphasis because in no way am I trying to sell this as anything else. I am buying time for the SK to win, that is all.

Mike, you have the power to make a choice today, you've heard the cases from both side. I'd prefer you just do it right now as opposed to waiting.

I think I missed the bolded part?
What's their win condition?

hvd11.png

I dunno what's like, more frustrating, the fact that you're like, so obviously up to no good by insisting we leave a like, confirmed bad guy for another night when we could lynch them and get it over with like right now, or that you've like, got people totally eating out of your palm.

Either way it's like, totally driving me mental.

Sorian

Banned
I think I missed the bolded part?
What's their win condition?

I haven't said it yet because I was waiting to see if anyone said something they weren't supposed to but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

The SK wins when they kill 2 scum and 1 town OR 1 scum and 3 town. For those counting at home, the SK is at 1 scum kill and 1 town kill so if Karu is scum, that pulls the SK from this game, no mess and no fuss. Much to people's begrudgement apparently, I enjoy thinking on how much flavor makes sense and you can rest assured that this flavor checks out on multiple levels for me. They were quite detailed in their role claim. So while they could be lying in their win condition, that wouldn't have been wise, considering if we feed them one more scum and they don't exit the game, town will automatically lynch them anyway.

Sorian

Banned
I dunno what's like, more frustrating, the fact that you're like, so obviously up to no good by insisting we leave a like, confirmed bad guy for another night when we could lynch them and get it over with like right now, or that you've like, got people totally eating out of your palm.

Either way it's like, totally driving me mental.

Sorian, Friend to Neutrals

I'm trying to unlock the achievement so I can get the title Scrafty. Relax, we're in the lead. Side quests are fun.

Sorian

Banned
Ok and can another one of your chat buddy can say yes everything is legit? Just one not both.

Bro is the only one who can confirm. I am 100% not willing to let any of my chat people claim, scum does not know who I have in my chat and it can stay that way lest they get a target on their head.

I'm aware that you can see the issue here since Bro has been MIA for pretty much this whole day phase though. If he does show up though, he can confirm the win condition I posted above and I would also like him to tell you all the name of the SK role (the name of the Night Vale character).

Bro, if you've forgotten, it is my post at the bottom of page 2 in Big Rico's. And for those who think I just went and typed it in now, you can feel free to look at Mazre's role PM. Big Rico's is locked during the day phase, we are only allowed to type in there at night.

Sorian, Friend to Neutrals

I'm trying to unlock the achievement so I can get the title Scrafty. Relax, we're in the lead. Side quests are fun.

enhanced-buzz-1975-1374505347-0.jpg

I'm just gonna like, break down the number of ways this could go wrong for us.

1) The SK is like, totally lying about what achieving their kill quota does and becomes like, a more powerful threat after Karu dies, meaning we potentially have to like, hunt for one other bad guy in addition to a rogue neutral.

2) The SK (can I just like, call him Hiram? I know that's who he is) lied and like totally kills another townsperson which means we have to like, decide between wasting the day lynching him while letting Karu like, sit for another day or let him totally get another kill that you won't be able to control.

3) Sorian and Hiram are like, in cahoots and both depart after Hiram fulfills his kill quota, leaving the rest of us like, hanging in the lurch while losing someone who despite being like, hardnosed and stubborn moves the conversation along.

4) Hiram is roleblocked by a bad guy and we kill him without like, gaining anything at all or at the very least, like, have to waste tomorrow lynching Karu.

5) Hiram is working with the bad guys and like, knows he can win if like, any of the above scenarios come to pass.

So please Mike, like, don't wait for Sorian's permission and like, pull the trigger on Karu. It's the absolute smartest move you can pull.

enhanced-buzz-1975-1374505347-0.jpg

1) The SK is like, totally lying about what achieving their kill quota does and becomes like, a more powerful threat after Karu dies, meaning we potentially have to like, hunt for one other bad guy in addition to a rogue neutral.

2) The SK (can I just like, call him Hiram? I know that's who he is) lied and like totally kills another townsperson which means we have to like, decide between wasting the day lynching him while letting Karu like, sit for another day or let him totally get another kill that you won't be able to control.

3) Sorian and Hiram are like, in cahoots and both depart after Hiram fulfills his kill quota, leaving the rest of us like, hanging in the lurch while losing someone who despite being like, hardnosed and stubborn moves the conversation along.

4) Hiram is roleblocked by a bad guy and we kill him without like, gaining anything at all or at the very least, like, have to waste tomorrow lynching Karu.

5) Hiram is working with the bad guys and like, knows he can win if like, any of the above scenarios come to pass.

So please Mike, like, don't wait for Sorian's permission and like, pull the trigger on Karu. It's the absolute smartest move you can pull.

Im a numbskull so I'll probably do the opposite right?

Im a numbskull so I'll probably do the opposite right?

I'm like, sorry I called you a numbskull before (I was under a lot of stress and like, not feeling super groovy in the slightest) but like, you would cement yourself as one of the like, only sane people in this town right now if you offed Karu.

Sorian

Banned

1) Oh no, we would have to lynch the person who 4 people (5 total in my chats -1 for the SK themself) already know the name of. That would be so difficult, I don't know how we would ever be able to reign in this rogue neutral. Oh, maybe when they eat that last scum, they become 20-shot bulletproof and lynchproof. That's probably it.

2) That's not a decision at all, we lynch the SK which guarantees a stop to one NK for the rest of the game. This is literally the only gamble and the math says that town is barely harmed in this case, I know it and the SK knows it.

3) Sure, this is a possibility I guess. I doubt Dana Cardinal could be a neutral though but oh no, I leave with the SK and then you still have killed Karu who may be the last scum anyway.
I'm not a neutral too but for the sake of argument, this isn't even a bad ending.

4) If this happens, we lynch Karu, not sure how that is a waste. The SK already is aware that I am in full scum hunting force tomorrow if they fail at hitting scum.

5) The neutral that killed Mazre is working with the scum? Yes, that is the same logic that says you are a scum team member that threw Razmos under the bus before he was actually suspect.

Very few of these 5 points make sense and the ones that do aren't even bad.

Sorian

Banned
I'm like, sorry I called you a numbskull before (I was under a lot of stress and like, not feeling super groovy in the slightest) but like, you would cement yourself as one of the like, only sane people in this town right now if you offed Karu.

backpedaling.gif

Oh, now you need him so you are nice. How pleasant.

Sorian

Banned
That looks like forward lol unless you gotta sit with the big part of the seat on your crotch..

First one I saw, it actually looks like one of those optical illusions where it could be going in either direction depending on how your eyes have adjusted, like the ballerina gif.

RetroMG

There is no need for anyone to be rude. I'm looking at all of you, numbskulls and back peddlers alike. You too, Sorian. (I don't have a clever name for you. For this situation, anyway.)

Sorian

Banned
Well atleast we got some good info so far..

But for reals, feel free to override whenever if you actually have that power. All I ask is that you don't go crazy and do it on someone other than Karu or Ferret. You have all the info you need, you can wait for Bro to verify what I've said if you really want to, up to you.

I think i'm the most nicest person in this whole thread tbh!

I don't know, Ferret is quite the polite gentlemen and Stanley has that southern hospitality charm.

But for reals, feel free to override whenever if you actually have that power. All I ask is that you don't go crazy and do it on someone other than Karu or Ferret. You have all the info you need, you can wait for Bro to verify what I've said if you really want to, up to you.

I don't know, Ferret is quite the polite gentlemen and Stanley has that southern hospitality charm.

I always thought about overriding you and causing total chaos lol

Sorian

Banned
So far its 75% karu and 25% ferret not my final decision though itll be when i wake up tomorrow like 1pm est lol

I assume you won't mind since I'm skeptical that you actually have an override (didn't even show us the receipts breadcrumbs) but why are you voting for Ferret if you are more likely to override Karu?

RetroMG

This seems like as good a time as any to post Coppanuva's Death Message, which was found in one of the clutched hands of a crying child who was led to safety by one of Tamika Flynn's Child Soliders.

Goodbye Night Vale. It was not my choice that I left the town I loved so much. Continue fighting for what is right. Remember, "We do not work for men. We work for the land and the people." Though I died before my time,
“My animal howls
My angel's upset
But I'm not allowed
A trace of regret”

Even now I dream of you Night Vale, but "I dream in a language I do not understand when I'm awake." The one thing I know is that "In all things social, we can be as separate as fingers, yet one as the hand in all things essential to destroying a Smiling God!"
Goodbye Night Vale, because life slips away, and because I need for the rest of my journey a star that will not play false to me, a compass that will not lie.

Sorian

Banned
Heh, I was re-reading some of my notes to myself. I guess I don't get to go after you with the fury of a thousand suns anymore Flush.

UltraJay

While people are bickering in the corner:

Vote: Karu

Where the hell are you Karu?

Also Bro posted at the beginning of the day but hasn't come back since.

Karu

While people are bickering in the corner:

Vote: Karu

Where the hell are you Karu?

Also Bro posted at the beginning of the day but hasn't come back since.
Sorry!

Ehm, well Scrafty got me at 100% scum, I guess? So she either has false information or is lying for neither of which I have prove right now.

Other than that my previous suspicion list still holds true as the scum-kills were expected at least to go down that route of trying to kill the doc and one of the highly active town-members. Obviously, Scrafty is also going up my list, I'll have to go through some of her posts, although she always seemed - while sketchy - not really that scummy, so we'll see.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry!

Ehm, well Scrafty got me at 100% scum, I guess? So she either has false information or is lying for neither of which I have prove right now.

Other than that my previous suspicion list still holds true as the scum-kills were expected at least to go down that route of trying to kill the doc and one of the highly active town-members. Obviously, Scrafty is also going up my list, I'll have to go through some of her posts, although she always seemed - while sketchy - not really that scummy, so we'll see.

This was about the answer I was expecting. Scrafty is slightly more believable now.

Ty4on

This was about the answer I was expecting. Scrafty is slightly more believable now.
Kinda me too, but she is still not free from suspicion. That cipher especially was really weird when it also mixed unconfirmed and confirmed people. I would never have figured it out by myself, heck I even struggled knowing what it was supposed to signal.

Ty4on

Using Occam's Razor though she is most likely our town investigator. Way too risky for scum to bus someone we didn't really suspect.

OK defense of Scrafty I will also say that Karu makes sense as a target. We know very little about him and the scum players that have died all seemed to have ignored him. That made me suspicious, but didn't make be read him as scum because the same was the case for Stanley.

I hope that Scrafty is aware that the panicky, aggressive tone she is taking about all of this is the biggest reason she's looking so suspect to me and others right now.

I don't think you are scum Pop, for a lot of the same reason that I don't think Scrafty is scum (+ that whole voting for yourself thing) so I don't think it's weird that Scrafty decided not to investigate you but what I do think is weird is the reason that she gave. It makes no sense to me.

Her reasoning seems to be that an actual scum player wouldn't have been so sloppy to have tried to get a train going on her literally 2 minutes from the end. It makes some sense to me, but it's still a little strange. Besides, both her and you should know first hand that trying to start trains at the buzzer isn't a new thing with me :)

I haven't said it yet because I was waiting to see if anyone said something they weren't supposed to but it doesn't look like that will be the case.

The SK wins when they kill 2 scum and 1 town OR 1 scum and 3 town. For those counting at home, the SK is at 1 scum kill and 1 town kill so if Karu is scum, that pulls the SK from this game, no mess and no fuss. Much to people's begrudgement apparently, I enjoy thinking on how much flavor makes sense and you can rest assured that this flavor checks out on multiple levels for me. They were quite detailed in their role claim. So while they could be lying in their win condition, that wouldn't have been wise, considering if we feed them one more scum and they don't exit the game, town will automatically lynch them anyway.

That win condition seems...odd. I think I'm going to have to hear the flavor justification on this one to see if I can really trust it.

Sorry!

So no Miller claim or anything, just going to say Scrafty's lying? If so, there's really only one of 3 possibilities:

1) Scrafty's lying.
2) Karu's lying
3) Scum has a Framer and somehow managed to guess correctly that Scrafty was going to investigate Karu tonight.

Of these 3 possibilities, #2 seems the most likely considering how stupid this play would be for a scum player in any situation except you being a Miller, but Scrafty's behavior since her claim gives me a lot of pause. #3's possible but it just feels highly improbable, especially with how low-profile Karu's been.

UltraJay

Karu, you are really going to need to claim something other than "She's lying!" in order to get my vote off you. With that in mind, I'd like Ferret to come forward with some information as well. We just need more proof of your townness from the both of you.

Look at it this way, if you are town and not a super important power role than you should have no problem with being lynched or being killed by the SK as if town wins you win even in death. We have such a big lead that your death will help us with Scrafty and ultimately tie up loose ends.

If that post of yours is all you have to offer than we will kill you - either today or tonight. Your flip will give us the information you aren't telling us and shed light on Scrafty's claims.

UltraJay

Seriously, your death will probably be the most helpful you could ever possibly be.

Nightvale is boring now. The only excitement now is a pissing match between two town. Killing three scum in one day has made us all lazy.

Sorian

Banned
That win condition seems...odd. I think I'm going to have to hear the flavor justification on this one to see if I can really trust it.

Well we certainly have precedent for this type of win condition (bonus points when you look at who had this role last time :p), I guess there is really no reason to wait on Bro to explain this since I don't actually know where he is and Scrafty already said (easy to guess but it does make me wonder if she knew somehow already).

The SK is Hiram McDaniels. For anyone who listens to NV, you will know that Hiram is, literally, a five-headed dragon. Our SK has been killing people by burning them each night (surprisingly, this may have been a case of power leaking into flavor, you'll find fire-related flavor in both Boo's and Mazre's death). The idea behind the win condition is that Hiram's 5 heads can't agree on what they want to do. 2 of them want to kill scum, two of them want to kill town, and one of them doesn't want to kill anyone. This confusion is where the split win conditions come from. My only pause was that there is a different number of deaths in each win condition: 3 deaths in one (2 scum, 1 town) and 4 deaths in another (3 town, 1 scum). With the 4 killer heads and one pacifist head, I'd imagine 4 deaths (2 scum, 2 town) but from a gameplay standpoint, that is way too hard to do. Killing 2 scum as the SK is a very low odds bargain (without some help) so it makes sense that there is an easier win condition if they can kill 2 scum.

As for the pacifist head, that is actually what happened last night. Hiram has to take a break after every two kills (it is specifically kills, so if Hiram is roleblocked then that night doesn't count and would push the timeline along). Last night was break night, so yes Scrafty, as I've said a few times already, I'm stalling for time. I'm being very upfront about that.

Kevyt

I am still somewhat suspicious of Scrafty going after Karu that aggressively. Have we considered that maybe Scrafty is neutral and investigator, and somehow by us lynching Karu she could be meeting her win condition?

In Archer, I was Cornway Stern and the way I could win the game was by having Sterling Archer voted out of the game. I'm thinking something similar could be in play here, but I dunno.

Still, Scrafty is really coming off as scummy given the way she has interacted with Sorian and claiming that he is being manipulated and such.

I still don't understand Scrafty's role claim. It seems kind of weird and desperate to do it the way she did, which brings me to her list of suspects. I used to be in her list of suspects and Razmos didn't really come to being a suspect right up until later on (can't find the post where Scrafty goes to say that something is up with Razmos because he is being "Sketchy"). However she does say that the way I play is very scummy and suspicious, which as I have said before, is true. I played very scummy but I had my reasons.

But somehow she did not investigate me? I'll be honest, if I was any other player with an investigating role, I would investigate myself - because I could still pose a danger to town or not say the truth about my role. I do find it weird that Scrafty didn't investigate me and went after other players that are pretty much low key.

I'm not really not buying Scrafty's role claim, but Karu does come off as scum given how he has kept a low profile throughout the game. I guess voting out Karu can tell us whether or not Scrafty was telling the truth or being scum. Either way, we have a free night so there is some leeway.

Also, obligatory.

"I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

I have spoken with the tongue of angels
I have held end of the velvet
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a star

But I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
But I still haven’t found what I’m looking for"

tumblr_mqdqttu8v31s763p8o1_400.gif

Apologies for not showing up at all yesterday. I was in conference calls or web-training for my entire work-from-home day. By the time I took care of farm stuff, I just didn't have it in me to sit at my PC.

Bro is the only one who can confirm. I am 100% not willing to let any of my chat people claim, scum does not know who I have in my chat and it can stay that way lest they get a target on their head.

I'm aware that you can see the issue here since Bro has been MIA for pretty much this whole day phase though. If he does show up though, he can confirm the win condition I posted above and I would also like him to tell you all the name of the SK role (the name of the Night Vale character).

Bro, if you've forgotten, it is my post at the bottom of page 2 in Big Rico's. And for those who think I just went and typed it in now, you can feel free to look at Mazre's role PM. Big Rico's is locked during the day phase, we are only allowed to type in there at night.

I can confirm that what Sorian said in this thread about the SK's (Hiram McDaniels') win condition is what was posted at Big Ricos. Naturally, I can't confirm (and Sorian is not asking me to confirm) that this is actually true, just that this is what was posted. I'm inclined to believe that it's true, given what I've hard of Hiram in the podcasts so far.

As to "Why let the SK have Karu when we know he's Scum?", let's look at our list of scum so far:

Mazre was a gossip.
Razmos was a godfather/cub.
Suqidyj was a lost partner with no other power, and no NK until recruited.
Karu is ?????

Overall, there is a distinct lack of active night powers there. Mazre is the only one so far that would have one. I'm inclined to believe that means there is another scum out there, or at least a scum aligned-neutral out there. This is based purely on meta-comparing it to other games, so obviously it's possible I'm 100% wrong. What does this have to do with leaving Karu alive tonight? We know Karu is scum (well, assuming you believe Scrafty is a role-cop, which I do); we don't know who the other person is or might be. If we all turbo Karu today, we learn nothing about who that other person is or might be. The voting pattern of everyone rushing the Investigator-approved target is meaningless, because it is an absolute no brainer for scum to bus their outed companion.

So, knowing that we have an SK who quite possibly wins by killing off said scum player, we absolutely SHOULD be continuing to talk about everything OTHER THAN that player. Because that player is a known, and it's likely we still have something else to work out.

If Karu doesn't die tonight? We know the SK is lying. More than just Sorian knows who it is, so unless all those people die tonight, the SK has nothing to gain by not killing Karu.

If Karu does die tonight and was the last scum? We win. The SK wins. Game ends and we all go 'Yay!'

If Karu does die tonight and WASN'T the last scum? At least we've spent this day phase discussing who it might be. If we're SUPER LUCKY, we might actually find and get that person today, so we can go back to "If Karu does die tonight and was the last scum?", where we all win and go 'Yay!'.

As for me, Sorian seems by a recent post to have cleared Flush, which I'm not completely prepared to do. Looking at my initial target list, I was right: there was a scum in Mazre's list: Squidyj. The problem is that by then Mazre could NOT have known that Squidyj was scum, so Squidyj couldn't be the trap scum-team member that Mazre planted. There's also the gryvan post tie in (which he never actually addressed even to say "lol coincidence!"), so I'm still more than a little suspicious there.

Sorian

Banned
I am still somewhat suspicious of Scrafty going after Karu that aggressively. Have we considered that maybe Scrafty is neutral and investigator, and somehow by us lynching Karu she could be meeting her win condition?

In Archer, I was Cornway Stern and the way I could win the game was by having Sterling Archer voted out of the game. I'm thinking something similar could be in play here, but I dunno.

For reference, just so people know what you are talking about. Yes, it is a possibility, but I'm skeptical on that because it is my understanding that there is a lyncher in this game but I already know who their target is and it's not Karu.

#droppingbombs

That was good deduction though Seath, proud of you.

Sorian

Banned
As for me, Sorian seems by a recent post to have cleared Flush, which I'm not completely prepared to do. Looking at my initial target list, I was right: there was a scum in Mazre's list: Squidyj. The problem is that by then Mazre could NOT have known that Squidyj was scum, so Squidyj couldn't be the trap scum-team member that Mazre planted. There's also the gryvan post tie in (which he never actually addressed even to say "lol coincidence!"), so I'm still more than a little suspicious there.

I didn't clear Flush, sorry if that post came off that way. The joke was that I was going to go in really strong on him if the scum team was mazre, squidy, and gryvan because then Flush was the secret partner. Obviously, Squidy was the secret partner so that plan went out the window. Flush could still be scum, he just isn't the lost partner, that's all I was saying.

Top Bottom