• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

All you people going on and on about how the power symbol isn't specific to the 360, no shit. But no other console has made it such a focal point in their marketing images and whatnot, that gamers associate the symbol with the 360. Konami has got to know this, and teasing with a green power symbol, are either announcing the platform right here, or they are assholes.

DrPirate

Banned
IF we keep this up, we'll soon beat the official thread

(Even with it's 50 post opening thread headstart, and 500 "Nice OP!!!!" posts at the beginning)

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
All you people going on and on about how the power symbol isn't specific to the 360, no shit. But no other console has made it such a focal point in their marketing images and whatnot, that gamers associate the symbol with the 360. Konami has got to know this, and teasing with a green power symbol, are either announcing the platform right here, or they are assholes.

But if they wanted to tease the 360, wouldn't using an "X" make more sense? Or maybe that's too obvious...hmm...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
drakesfortune said:
And my Cuisinart.

And my axe!

30nfa8o.jpg

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Honestly, when have they made that a focal point in their marketing images? The argument of "gamers associated it with 360" is a weak one, cause gamers are associating it with the 360 because they've been either anticipating a 360 mgs or dreading it... depending on their system warz allegiance.

i keep hearing of people who are dreading a 360 release of MGS4, but i've yet to actually see someone who's adopted this mindset.

are you guys fooling yourselves or do these creatures only come out in the darkest hour of the night?

Cynar

Byakuya769 said:
Honestly, when have they made that a focal point in their marketing images? The argument of "gamers associated it with 360" is a weak one, cause gamers are associating it with the 360 because they've been either anticipating a 360 mgs or dreading it... depending on their system warz allegiance.

I associated it with the iphone since Japan has a hardon for mobile games. People see what they want to see from the image. :lol

psy18

i = internet
! = mgs
green power light = 360

You'll be playing MGS4 on the 360, not with 5dvds, not with bluray, but STREAMING through teh internetz.
How cool is that?

autobzooty said:
i keep hearing of people who are dreading a 360 release of MGS4, but i've yet to actually see someone who's adopted this mindset.

are you guys fooling yourselves or do these creatures only come out in the darkest hour of the night?
OMG Microsoft is stealing mah games!!! WTH!

/Storms off

DrPirate

Banned
autobzooty said:

This.

I played it in June, and it was the best game I have personally ever played in my life, and probably will ever play. It's the main reason why I don't expect greatness from games anymore, because I don't expect anything to match it. (I liked it ALOT as you can tell, and you don't, rather, you probably don't feel the same way as I do) but if others can get to enjoy it, and possibly like it as much as I did, that would be great and I would have more people to talk about it with.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Byakuya769 said:
I think it's more of the green combined with the power symbol and the fact that it's been rumored for a long time. I've always had a feeling that MGS4 was going to be in a situation similar to RE4 where the publisher makes a port of it against the creator's wishes. This really could be any number of things, especially knowing how vague and esoteric a lot of the Metal Gear advertising has been.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
autobzooty said:

There's 57 pages of the shit to sift thru. I will give you a shortcut. Search for Astrolad.

You have to look with better eyes, Bud.

14aa5hi.jpg

F6930834E2534B608885706682FAF66F-1.jpg
10nw1uh.jpg
nessnake.gif

OuterWorldVoice said:
There's 57 pages of the shit to sift thru. I will give you a shortcut. Search for Astrolad.

You have to look with better eyes, Bud.

I guess there's bound to be a nut or two in every thread, but this thread has overwhelmingly been filled with people who are making fun of the Sony fanboys. I recall the term "bitter tears" being tossed around mockingly.

RoboPlato said:
I think it's more of the green combined with the power symbol and the fact that it's been rumored for a long time. I've always had a feeling that MGS4 was going to be in a situation similar to RE4 where the publisher makes a port of it against the creator's wishes. This really could be any number of things, especially knowing how vague and esoteric a lot of the Metal Gear advertising has been.

That's fair enough. I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that this is about a 360 port, but it's just annoying seeing anyone who states they think it's something else being labeled as delusional.

Byakuya769 said:

It's not a weak argument when literally tens of hundreds or thousands of people across internet message boards, many in this thread, see a MGS teaser with a green power button and instantly think of the Xbox 360. If that is a weak argument as you say, why would anyone think of the Xbox 360 when they see a green power button in a videogame teaser?

xintin

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
It's not a weak argument when literally tens of hundreds or thousands of people across internet message boards, many in this thread, see a MGS teaser with a green power button and instantly think of the Xbox 360. If that is a weak argument as you say, why would anyone think of the Xbox 360 when they see a green power button in a videogame teaser?
because of the part after the part you bolded in his statement.

DrPirate

Banned
a Master Ninja said:
I bought, completed, and enjoyed MGS4, but are you serious?

Yeah.

I'm sorry haha, my opinion probably means alot less to you, but I'm ok with that. I can't help it if I liked the game so much. I count myself as an outlier statistically. At least I'm aware that my enjoyment of the game was outside the norm.

It's not for everyone, but it was definitely 100% for me.

DrPirate said:
Yeah.

I'm sorry haha, my opinion probably means alot less to you, but I'm ok with that. I can't help it if I liked the game so much. I count myself as an outlier statistically. At least I'm aware that my enjoyment of the game was outside the norm.

It's not for everyone, but it was definitely 100% for me.

Honestly, I expect my opinion to match up more closely with yours than with the people who bitch about it being a movie.

I'm a huge fan of the previous games, and I have enormous expectations for MGS4 (hopefully I can be able to play it soon). From what I've heard, this game will deliver perfectly for me on every level.

SkySonata

Banned
It seems the way the teaser was designed was to get people to think "360 + MGS", intentionally or subconsciously.

Now we await the tight twist.......and the inevitable "pop" that will echo through the internets.

Coffee cups will fall, jaws will drop, fists will shake, the F5 button will receive abuse.

From the Japanese "masaka" to the Frenchie "sacre bleu" to the beloved Gaffish "holy shit :lol ", an epic time shall come again.

Kojima.......what have you done?

autobzooty said:
Honestly, I expect my opinion to match up more closely with yours than with the people who bitch about it being a movie.

I'm a huge fan of the previous games, and I have enormous expectations for MGS4 (hopefully I can be able to play it soon). From what I've heard, this game will deliver perfectly for me on every level.
Come to my house I'll boot it up for you. :D
Personally though I liked MGS3 better. That game hits all the right spots for me.

SkySonata said:
It seems the way the teaser was designed was to get people to think "360 + MGS", intentionally or subconsciously.

Now we await the tight twist.......and the inevitable "pop" that will echo through the internets.

Kojima: I will now announce....Metaru Gear Sorid....FOR XBOX 360!!!

...Live arcade! Do you rike it!

_Angelus_

Banned
Watch it be an enhanced/re released MGS4 for both PS3 and the 360. Just to satisfy one crowd,while keeping the other content that they got the same game with the extras that the other console would receive(if any.)

Angelus said:
Watch it be an enhanced/re released MGS4 for both PS3 and the 360. Just to satisfy one crowd,while keeping the other content that they got the same game with the extras that the other console would receive(if any.)
I'd take that. I rather it be MGS5 multiplatform though. What would they add this time? I wouldn't mind VR missions, think act 1 but a lot more of it.

Cirekiller said:
I'd take that. I rather it be MGS5 multiplatform though. What would they add this time? I wouldn't mind VR missions, think act 1 but a lot more of it.

They had a chance for that in the Virtual Field-Testing or whatever, but didn't pull through with it even for nostalgia's sake.

Cirekiller said:
Come to my house I'll boot it up for you. :D
Personally though I liked MGS3 better. That game hits all the right spots for me.

Even if MGS3 is a better game, half the reason I want to play MGS4 is to experience the conclusion to the epic story. I mean, I'm confused as hell after the events from the first game, which aren't really addressed in the second game, and the third game is a prequel.

mgs spoiler
WHY DIDN'T FOXDIE KILL SNAKE?! (don't actually answer that, obviously)

_Angelus_

Banned
Cirekiller said:

Haven't played a Metal Gear game since MGS2 so the new features/gameplay they have added since that game are all new to me. I don't really know if there would be any significant new stuff added to a MGS4 rerelease since it hasn't been that long since the game was released anyways. I'm with you though - I'd much prefer this "potential announcement" to be a MGS5(for both platforms,and with exclusives to each just to keep the game fresh from both sides.)

Since I just ordered a PS3 from that Dell deal I was tipped off to earlier this week I plan to play the MGS4 that's already out now anyways. So yeah,here's hoping this is a MGS5 annoucement.

westical

Banned
Byakuya769 said:

34ip6yw.jpg

I_D

Byakuya769 said:
That's fair enough. I think it's perfectly reasonable to think that this is about a 360 port, but it's just annoying seeing anyone who states they think it's something else being labeled as delusional.

It's not nearly as annoying as the people making the red-ring jokes.

I mean damn... it stopped being funny after the first mention. :lol

People are playing so dumb. MGS is a game. What other game console has that huge ass button and is all about green? Who gives a fuck if your monitor has that symbol.

jakncoke

Banned
jonnybryce said:
People are playing so dumb. MGS is a game. What other game console has that huge ass button and is all about green? Who gives a fuck if your monitor has that symbol.

RAAAAAAAGGGGEEEEEEE!

AmMortal

Banned
autobzooty said:
You making that up or you know what you're talking about?

Dec 12th.
But seriously though, how long can people be hopeful of a 360 release :lol
All serious evidences, point to an Apple product.

Datrio

jakncoke said:
So is there any possible timetable when we find out what this is about?

If we'd go by the rumors, we'll know more today (12/6 = 6/12). If not, then the next Famitsu should come out and we'll learn more by then (when is that, 10/12? not sure).

Chrange

Banned
Byakuya769 said:

Never heard the term Ring of Light in conjunction with the 360 before? You living under a fucking rock or something?

DrPirate

Banned
Well, if, by the 1% chance, the rumour is real, and on December 12th, the "real" ending of MGS4 is revealed, we'll be finding out if that's true on the 12th for good.

Other than that, as others have said: Next famitsu issue probably.

Top Bottom