• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

the famitsu link in the OP is dead...is that news?

and is the rumor for 12/6 or 12/12? I thought it was for today so I was all excited...

AmMortal

Banned
autobzooty said:

and is the rumor for 12/6 or 12/12? I thought it was for today so I was all excited...

All the more reason some people, are just brushing this 360 port away.

Chrange said:
Never heard the term Ring of Light in conjunction with the 360 before? You living under a fucking rock or something?

( I can ask stupid questions too)

You know what a ring of light is, right? Your eyes been jabbed out with a fucking sharp rock or something?

sphinx

the piano man
this thread made it to 60 pages with pure speculation in 24 hours????

what the hell, really.

MGS4 sooner or later in a microsoft console is a damn no brainer sind the beginning of time and it's clear that MGS4: substitution or whatever they want to call it WILL appear on the 360.

I don't get the meltdown attitude here.

If it was FFXIII, you guys would have a poi..

oh, wait..

Cynar

sphinx said:

what the hell, really.

MGS4 sooner or later in a microsoft console is a damn no brainer sind the beginning of time and it's clear that MGS4: substitution or whatever they want to call it WILL appear on the 360.

oh, wait..

Yeah because subsistence made it to the xbox, oh wait, it didn't :lol

God I love this thread

kassatsu

Banned
autobzooty said:

It works fine. Hit enter again once it is at the Forbidden page.

AmMortal

Banned
sphinx said:

what the hell, really.

oh, wait..

I really wanna know how much it sells on the 360. Because the game is awesome.

The only bad thing about a port, is how much the internet reviews, would suddenly rate it the best game ever, 10+ from sites like Eurogamer, and IGN Xbox :lol When they rated the original lower. Remember devil may cry? It was the crappiest ( second only to part 2),yet it got rated like it's better then part 3 or part 1.

DrPirate

Banned
sphinx said:

what the hell, really.

oh, wait..

Additionally, it just makes SENSE.

Sony is pouring all their funds in first party techonologies and studios.

They will not pay up to keep MGS4 exclusive, it's not in their strategy.

DMC4, RE5, FF13, etc, etc.

If sony was adamant on defining their system through the third party exclusives that were always there in the past, they would have paid up.

This is not the direction they want.

camineet

Banned
westical said:
34ip6yw.jpg

Holy shit that was a cool Time cover!

DrPirate said:
Additionally, it just makes SENSE.

Sony is pouring all their funds in first party techonologies and studios.

They will not pay up to keep MGS4 exclusive, it's not in their strategy.

DMC4, RE5, FF13, etc, etc.

If sony was adamant on defining their system through the third party exclusives that were always there in the past, they would have paid up.

This is not the direction they want.
GTFO "logic" boy, some of us can't sleep and are trying to watch a fanboy knife fight lol.

Datrio

autobzooty said:

The first rumour (you should call it a theory, after yesterday's i + ! = ◡̍) is that since MGS4 was released on 12/6, if we'll reverse the day and month (like in the equation), we'll get 6/12 - 6th December.

The second rumor is more "logic", since the game was released on 6/12, and in the game we learn that
Snake has six more months to live
, we get 12/12 - when /something/ should happen.

sphinx

the piano man
Cynar said:

God I love this thread

are you perhaps a little deluded?

Losing consoles lose exclusives, that's the way it is. the PS3 is a losing console and it has been losing exclusives left and right.

The PS2 on the other hand, was the supreme king of gaming in its day, any big 3rd party game that also went to either xbox or gamecube was to grab an extra buck but in reality it wasn't needed to make said game profitable.

things have changed.

Datrio said:
The first rumour (you should call it a theory, after yesterday's i + ! = ◡̍) is that since MGS4 was released on 12/6, if we'll reverse the day and month (like in the equation), we'll get 6/12 - 6th December.

The second rumor is more "logic", since the game was released on 6/12, and in the game we learn that
Snake has sixth more months to live

So now we're back to 7 years and one month where
SOLID SNAKE IS DEAD. BUT HE'S ALSO HERE. EITHER HE SURVIVED OR THERE ARE TWO OF THEM

Goddamn you Kojima.

AmMortal

Banned
Datrio said:

Snake has six more months to live

exactly. This is probably an extra act or DLC

sphinx said:

Losing consoles lose exclusives, that's the way it is. the PS3 is a losing console and it has been losing exclusives left and right.

The PS2 on the other hand, was the supreme king of gaming in its day, any big 3rd party game that also went to either xbox or gamecube was to grab an extra buck but in reality it wasn't needed to make said game profitable.

things have changed.

Sure, that is understandable, but the game sold over 4 million copies. It isn't like the game flopped or Konami lost money on it. It actually sold better than most multiplatform titles on the losing console. A year late port if/when it does materialize will garner more money for Konami obviously, but is it worth the trouble while they could be developing a multiplatform version of MGS4: Subsistence, spin-off or something that would reignite interest for the game on the PS3 and attract new fans on the X360? It could also be MGS4 Online which I think X360 gamers would appreciate a little more for the obvious reasons.

AmMortal

Banned
sphinx said:

things have changed.

Why do I have a feeling that you wouldn't be saying that if you'd payed £400, because Konami advertised mgs4 as a PS3 exclusive for over 3 years now.

This is that mgs fans(like me),go where mgs is, no matter what console. I'd be nice of konami had advertised it and announced it for the cheaper console since the beginning :p

AmMortal

Banned
duckroll said:
What the fuck are you talking about? Mark is the one of the actual four canonical Gospels. :p

Actually, it is canonical to the present church, not the hundred others that had been slaughtered 1700 years ago :lol

EDIT:

Just incase you didn't get it, he was right to a certain extent xD

sinnergy

It's a pretty save bad that's it has something to do with X360.

Green == X360
Power symbol == X360

It's a MGS for X360 imo.

Don't you guys think that when brainstorming about this.. they wouldn't see/know that green is X360 or that the power button resembles the X360 one? They would have changed it if it wasn't reflecting something.

It's not like Konami is run by retards...

Pewp

sinnergy said:

Green == X360
Power symbol == X360

It's a MGS for X360 imo.

Don't you guys think that when brainstorming about this.. they wouldn't see/know that green is X360 or that the power button resembles the X360 one? They would have changed it if it wasn't reflecting something.

It's not like Konami is run by retards...

Maybe just a power button in the same color as a codec?

sinnergy

Pewp said:
Maybe just a power button in the same color as a codec?

Yeah.. but green is also associated with X360.. they could have changed this..

It's either for X360 imo or they are having fun..

If you design something there is a whole creative thinking process behind it. At the place I work it goes like nah.. it reminds me of this.. nah this looks to game like.. etc.. etc..

But these are just my two cents...

sinnergy said:

Green == X360
Power symbol == X360

It's a MGS for X360 imo.

If this turns out not to be MGS4 360, then I for one am going to substitute the wrods "green" and "power button" / "power symbol" with the word "X360" in every post I make until I no longer find it funny.

And I still find Capcom=Konami funny.

Also: save bad? lawls.

AmMortal

Banned
I can't wait for the epic meltdowns once this is announced ( whatever it is).

Also, fucking hell, I have never seen a game so much desired as a port.

FFXIII was great, damn, it's nowhere near this one.

def sim

Cynar said:

God I love this thread

Didn't MGS3: Subsistence come out in America in 2006?

To be fair, the oXbox was long dead by then dude.

Chrange

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
( I can ask stupid questions too)

You know what a ring of light is, right? Your eyes been jabbed out with a fucking sharp rock or something?

You asked when it was made a central focus of their marketing. It was from the start - which is where the RING OF LIGHT reference comes from. They were all over two concepts of the design - the 'inhale' shape and the 'ring of light' on the front.

To try and say they never used the ring as a marketing focus is absolutely inane or simply ignorant of the subject.

Hesemonni

Banned
Dante said:
My fax machine has a power symbol like that...Same color and everything.
Wow this really is an interesting development. Kojima developing a Fax Machine Metal Gear? Thanks for being the absolutely first to point this out!

acm2000

AmMortal said:
I can't wait for the epic meltdowns once this is announced ( whatever it is).

Also, fucking hell, I have never seen a game so much desired as a port.

FFXIII was great, damn, it's nowhere near this one.

i dont see that many people in this thread wanting a port to actually get the game, we only want a port for the meltdowns :lol

Dante

Hesemonni said:
Wow this really is an interesting development. Kojima developing a Fax Machine Metal Gear? Thanks for being the absolutely first to point this out!

Your welcome :)

Oh wait.....My PC has it also. It Begins?

Dante said:
My fax machine has a power symbol like that...Same color and everything.

Putting this in a console context it certainly adds up that it's something to do with the X360 simply because it's the only console that actually has a lit power symbol this generation. But yeah, hanging all this on the color of the power symbol alone (green = XBOX!!!) is stupid. It's the universal power symbol, and power symbols are pretty universally shown as green for on and red/orange for off/standby. Nothing particularly unique about the XBox in that respect.

Nathan Rain said:

HOLY SHIT, DAVE CHAPELLE SPEAKS!

Yeah, that's because when that issue came out, there was all that hoopla and rumors over his show and him running off to Africa. Its hard to believe that his show was that long ago.

Top Bottom