• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

welcome to the carnival of stupid

Yagharek

shagg_187 said:
Works for me. Maybe they took it down for they are not suppose to announce it before 12th.

Nah I clicked from here, copy paste sorted me. Seeing the page now doesnt help me because I cant read a word of it anyway :lol

ph15h

Neo Member
=/ I love speculating and all... but I have the feeling no matter what I think, Kojima and Co. are gonna laugh at me after they announce what it is.

>.> C'mon... I still want Metal Gear Sasaki: Standby or a Metal Gear Tales... where u do missions that reveal more about characters that weren't able to be fleshed out in the games.

HUELEN10

seat said:
How did you guys deduce that it was soda? Did the text change on the Famitsu article? I don't read Kanji.
gaf-festivusavatar.gif

Alright. Not available in Famitsu anymore. This is all I could grab from a PM sent to me:

METALGEARSODA日本2009年1月1日に発売される。それに加え、 METALGEARSODAはフリーDLCとしてエネルギードリンクの代用としてMGS4 " REGAIN "利用できるようになります

MrFingers

Rough translation:something 'bout product placement.Cans featuring the different protagoni.

Flavours:Ocelot orange,Liquid grape and sasspersnakeilla.

Mindfuck indeed mr Kojima...

seat

shagg_187 said:
Alright. Not available in Famitsu anymore. This is all I could grab:
Fuck. All the buildup was only for this. It's just like that mindfuck ending to MGS2.

edit: I guess this will help rekindle some interest in MGS4 though. I'd like to see it get a sales boost for the holidays. Perhaps that's why they did this?

HUELEN10

Stop digging yourselves deeper. Don't you think it has gone long enough. I mean SODA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Believe NOTHING.

Dever

Banned
HUELEN10 said:
Stop digging yourselves deeper. Don't you think it has gone long enough. I mean SODA?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Believe NOTHING.

So I shouldn't believe this post of yours and it's really soda after all?! Nooooo :lol

seat

Just had a friend who reads Japanese confirm it.

Well, that's it. I didn't think anything could be more of a letdown than an announcement of a new entry in the Ac!d series, but this takes the cake.

HUELEN10

Dever said:
So I shouldn't believe this post of yours and it's really soda after all?! Nooooo :lol
I am saying that the Soda is FAKE. Look at all my posts this thread, I have believed nothing, and for good reason. To think I was almost fooled....

seat said:

Well, that's it. I didn't think anything could more of a letdown than an announcement of a new entry in the Ac!d series, but this takes the cake.
Lies. My roommate found NO soda mention. At all.

Ramenman

Angst said:
Welcome to page 3, young Skywalker

The correct answer was "Welcome to every 3 pages".

I really think this thread loses a bit of its appeal without somebody thinking he's clever because he thought about "i for iPhone", and I have to admit I was kind of afraid nobody was going to do it on this page so I did it myself, just to be sure.

Aginor

Neo Member
60 odd pages of pure moronic shit from idiots ends in product placement for soda is this what gaming has come to thank god i was around for the early innocent years before all these morons got into gaming

itxaka

Defeatist
seat said:

Well, that's it. I didn't think anything could be more of a letdown than an announcement of a new entry in the Ac!d series, but this takes the cake.

I hate you with a passion now.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
HOLY SHIT :lol :lol :lol

I'll start a new religion to worship Kojima if this is true.

I bet he's reading this thread right about now and is laughing in godly manner

:bow :bow :bow

cilonen

HUELEN10 said:
I am saying that the Soda is FAKE. Look at all my posts this thread, I have believed nothing, and for good reason. To think I was almost fooled....

Lies. My roommate found NO soda mention. At all.

The announcement was supposed to be made on the 12th. Famitsu slipped and put it up today but have now pulled it and reverted back to the old page.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Aginor said:
60 odd pages of pure moronic shit from idiots ends in product placement for soda is this what gaming has come to thank god i was around for the early innocent years before all these morons got into gaming

wwlmdx.jpg

Hy_

Imagine how delicious some ice cold Metal Gear Soda would taste after this thread... mmm processed sugar

Top Bottom