• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We'll find out what happened to Tidus between Final Fantasy X and X-2

Avallon

via: Destructoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvqpa8EyUe4

Square Enix is known for weird publicity stunts and Final Fantasy story-bending, and this is no exception. According to the publisher, by way of a tie-in event for Mobius Final Fantasy, they're gong to explain what happened to Tidus between the events of Final Fantasy X and X-2.

This little clip gives you a quick look at the crossover, and expands upon the Yuna-centric Eternal Calm to give us more of Tidus. Much of the same development team from X is participating, and the event itself will run starting this week in Japan.

Eventually the west will probably get this Dream within a Dream update too, and if you're at all curious about what's up with Tidus, odds are you'll be able to catch a YouTube video or read a fan recap at some point. As a reminder, Mobius Final Fantasy was a 2015 mobile-only game that eventually made the trip to PC in 2017.

Marcel

V6o8Yl9.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Remember when we had a ton of rumors that Square Enix was making Final Fantasy X-3 and they released a bunch of stuff related to it and then announced Mobius?

I suspect this game was originally Final Fantasy X-3, and got rebranded when the new CEO took over and told them to stop reviving franchises only on mobile.

SoulUnison

Banned
Nothing says "respectful addition to an existing narrative" quite like shoehorning it into a special event in your gatcha-nightmare F2P mobile game.

Remember when we had a ton of rumors that Square Enix was making Final Fantasy X-3 and they released a bunch of stuff related to it and then announced Mobius?

I suspect this game was originally Final Fantasy X-3, and got rebranded when the new CEO took over and told them to stop reviving franchises only on mobile.

Hmm... a main character who wakes up in a weird dream-like realm with no memories...

It fits unsettling well.

I'm down with this, saw the thread title and thought maybe we'd be getting an X-3 (which I would totally buy because I would and not be ashamed)

That said I'm still ok with this, bring on any and all FFX goods.

Remember back when Square made self-contained RPGs that didn’t have sequels, weren’t part of a “universe” with ridiculous tie-ins, and weren’t continually (and unnecessarily) updated?

Those were the days!

Hexa

Wait, what? That doesn't make sense to me.
I thought he ceased to exist from the ending of FFX to the ending of FFX2, where he was reconstructed from memories or something like that.

Marcel

We'll find out what happened to Tidus between Final Fantasy X and X-2 Reply to Thread
QXVAPVX.jpg

by way of a tie-in event for Mobius Final Fantasy
FSUp6VS.png

If the Final Fantasy X -Will- story is any indication then this wouldn't actually be good in a traditional release either.

Massicot

This feels like trying to fill in a gap when there is none. He ceased to exist and then the Fayth decided to effectively will him back into existence again as basically a favor to Yuna. It wasn't this big mystery of where he was.

Yohane

Square enix should stop ruin my childhood.

Maybe I should sue?

EDIT: on a second thought this may be turn better than FF15

danm999

IIRC didn’t he stop existing at the end of FFX and start existing again at the end of FFX-2? What is there to tell?

They're just taking cues from Star Wars again - filling in "gaps" in a pre-existing time line because they don't want to stray too far away from the material people are most fond of.

Top Bottom