• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We'll find out what happened to Tidus between Final Fantasy X and X-2

Isotropy

On the one hand, it annoys me that it's only my lesser-preferred FFs like X and XIII that seem to get all the extra content/sequels etc.

On the other hand, that content is always trash, so at least my favourites remain untarnished.

SoulUnison

Banned
Crisis core sold 3.1 Millions
Advent Children 4.47 millions
Before crisis 1.6 Millions
Dirge of cerberus 1.24 millions

With the exception of dirge of cerberus all of them sold Very well.

I didn't mean they didn't sell, I mean they were generally confusing to fit into the bigger picture, often felt unnecessary, and several pieces were hard to track down if even available at all in certain countries/languages.

Sounds like I missed something with that audio thing in the HD collection. Man, X should have just been that and I think it would be remembered better. Sadly the same is probably true with VII. Let the original work speak for itself.

dan2026

Tidus blowing himself up by mistaking a bomb for a blitzball is an ironic death I can get behind.
Its the perfect end to Tidus' character.

Saoshyant

On the one hand, it annoys me that it's only my lesser-preferred FFs like X and XIII that seem to get all the extra content/sequels etc.

On the other hand, that content is always trash, so at least my favourites remain untarnished.

I always have these shivers whenever I remember FF4 The After Years was a thing. A thing I wish I could forget completely.

They desperately want to ruin FFX. They have been for a while.

I mean, if they were that concerned with ruining FFX, they could have just read the script for FFX and said, "oh, I guess we're done here."
FFX is my favorite Final Fantasy game, but that's despite the bonkers story and unlikable protagonist.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I always have these shivers whenever I remember FF4 The After Years was a thing. A thing I wish I could forget completely.

Can't wait for the inevitable FFIV Complete Collection on PS4 with trophies so I can play it a 3rd time.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who liked TAY. Yeah, a couple of the dungeons are retreads, but it's not nearly to the extent that people claim, and there were plenty of new areas too. Not to mention a ton of new playable characters and mechanics.

Top Bottom