• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We'll find out what happened to Tidus between Final Fantasy X and X-2

Laplasakos

Well, keep in mind there's a ranking tower event where you defeat a gauntlet of enemies every month in Mobius and they usually attach a story to it. This one was themed around Lightning, so they explained in universe that the Lightnings are the shadow of her true power or some nonsense.Trying to find the video of the cutscenes brb.

edit: found it

I might have forgotten a detail here or there but that's the gist of it. Really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu7TQry-kzI

Wow, you are right. Not that i didn't believe you but i really wanted to know how far they would go again with the Lighting praise.

Munti

I'm pretty sure it's not canon for X, just a story that fits in the narrative for a game (in this case mobius), but not reverse for the original source.

It's no different like it was when:
-Lightning in FFXIV before LR:FF13 events
-Auron in KH2 after events of FFX events
-Twewy-cast in KH DDD during Twewy-events
- Shantotto & Samurai lady of XI in XIV
- and more

jrush64

Banned
I don't know what you're talking about. That audio drama doesn't exist in this reality.

The final Fantasy X story ended in the perfect ending of final fantasy x-2 when Yuna got Tidus back.

Also square stop ruining my childhood. Let final Fantasy X die respectfully.

I'm pretty sure it's not canon for X, just a story that fits in the narrative for a game (in this case mobius), but not reverse for the original source.

It's no different like it was when:
-Lightning in FFXIV before LR:FF13 events
-Auron in KH2 after events of FFX events
-Twewy-cast in KH DDD during Twewy-events
- Shantotto & Samurai lady of XI in XIV
- and more

Stop trying to make sense of this! It's 2017! Why do we need this? WHY

sungahymn

Neo Member
I suspect this and other inituatives are all nisguided schemes to ruin our memories of Square's glory days, so that any decent to mediocre product they release later will seem like manna from heaven, or at least better received by the fanbase.

If it's anything like the FF13 event, I wouldn't expect anything good.

Lightning finds her way to Palamecia. She doesn't think she's Lightning, but the MC and Echo tell her she is. Enter 2 full maps (or about 2 hours of content) of conversations about how awesome Lightning is and why Lightning is strong. At the end she realizes she is Lightning, gets super powerful because she remembers that she is Lightning. The MC duels Lightning, remarks how strong Lightning is and how she was holding back.

Then you climb a tower full of fake Lightnings
Well I mean Lightning IS the goddess of the FF universe so...
lol

Axass

I don't play Mobius but good for the fans!

tenor.gif

mas8705

Something about following X after the initial game is like a test to see how much you can tolerate before you throw your hands up in the air and say "Screw this."

I knew about the "Will" story plot that basically set up the whole Auron's daughter thing, Tidus and Yuna breaking up, and the return of Sin (which at the time pissed me off a good sum since it either made no sense at all or basically took everything that happened in X and X-2 and threw it under the bus). Honestly, I had no idea that there was this stupid nonsense about Tidus kicking a bomb and casually blowing his ass up part of the story either. And now we are going to get some "insight" about this time between games?

I'm sorry, but at this point, it feels like every time they try to expand on the world of X, the more it feels like the creators were ashamed of it and they want people to feel the same by doing these things.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
These idiots ruined my favorite FF story. GTFO of here with this crap, Square. I reject everything post X-2.

Aleh

I'm just glad my favorite FF isn't very popular (relatively speaking) when I see things like this.
Just let it go Square, damn.

They lost me on that audio drama when they brought NTR for a backstory and Tidus and Yuna breakung up for some stupid reason after all that they went through in X.

ZangBa

Oh god, not again. They weren't satisfied with that awful novella? I still can't believe that was real and not some fanfiction.

BaconHat

Wait what?
His existence was a dream. The only thing he should be doing between x and x2 is literally not exist until they dream him again at the end x2

They lost me on that audio drama when they brought NTR for a backstory and Tidus and Yuna breakung up for some stupid reason after all that they went through in X.

To be fair, that was the only part that made sense, and that I kinda liked. Yuna is breaking up with Tidus because she's getting ready to go on another pilgrimage and defeat Sin again, and she doesn't want Tidus to stop her/be aware of it.

To be fair, that was the only part that made sense, and that I kinda liked. Yuna is breaking up with Tidus because she's getting ready to go on another pilgrimage and defeat Sin again, and she doesn't want Tidus to stop her/be aware of it.
Oh! I must have read a bad translation then cause I completely forgot about that. I just remembered the break up. For some reason I thought they left on bad terms cause some new guy also had a crush on Yuna.

Still loathe the NTR though.

Thabass

Remember when we had a ton of rumors that Square Enix was making Final Fantasy X-3 and they released a bunch of stuff related to it and then announced Mobius?

I suspect this game was originally Final Fantasy X-3, and got rebranded when the new CEO took over and told them to stop reviving franchises only on mobile.

Yet, I still bet they're going to do a FFX-3. I just feel like they're gonna do it.

Was the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII ever....finished?

I remember reading somewhere that they had some big plans for the Compilation after Crisis Core but I don't know if anything came out of it. I also remember them talking about bringing Before Crisis to a handheld like the DS.

SoulUnison

Banned

I remember reading somewhere that they had some big plans for the Compilation after Crisis Core but I don't know if anything came out of it. I also remember them talking about bringing Before Crisis to a handheld like the DS.

I think the Compilation thus far had gotten a pretty lukewarm reception, so they shelved it.
What did they expect, though? A PS2 game, a PSP game, and a bunch of loose, hard-to-find OVAs and other random media and mobile games...

I imagine it'll either be completely ignored for VII:R, or they'll go full steam into it and expand the shit out of the narrative.

Zexen

LMAO at people learning about the blitzbomb. I always end laughing out loud in my house when a new subject mention this novel.

Tidus-with-No-Head.jpg

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Tidus having his head violently and randomly blown off as Yuna watches in horror has got to the funniest fucking thing in video games ever. Like holy shit I thought it was just some dumb meme but it's actually real?

It doesn't get better than this.

Seriously

Oh my god lol

SoulUnison

Banned
Nomura already confirmed Remake is a brand new continuity

...That's...too vague to actually confirm or assuage my fears...

That could just as much mean "We're going to ignore the Compilation" as it could "We're going to do the Compilation plot points 'right' this time."

Fisty

Try to convince fans that anything other than him blinking out of existence happened, and you're going to fuck it up and piss off the fans.

If they absolutely have to do something, make it just a cutscene of all the moments of his life while floating through the Lifestream or whatever followed by a 2001-style trippy sequence... then a smiling Yuna and cut to black. Celebrate his character without creating anything new and stupid, like the type of shit everyone here is rightly posting

HeelPower

I love FFX so much ,and its the best story in the series ,but its also the story that's been dragged the most through the mud.

Holyshit anything after FFX is so unnecessary and terrible...Square Enix Japan is awful.

Tidus having his head violently and randomly blown off as Yuna watches in horror has got to the funniest fucking thing in video games ever. Like holy shit I thought it was just some dumb meme but it's actually real?

It doesn't get better than this.

Seriously

Oh my god lol

This thread has had me in tears and my sides hurt, haven't laughed this much at a Gaf thread for a long time, the super shocking and disbelief reactions at the tidus head explosion and thinking it was just a meme (LOLOL!) and the subsequent uncovering of the truth was hilarious. The spoilers about möbius and the batshit crazy story had me guffawing like mad

It's even funnier that this shit about ffx was actually written, edited and published. Like holy shit.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
This game sure seems to have a lot of voice acting for limited events. I've never really gotten around to playing it at all. Maybe if they ever finish the story.

Nomura already confirmed Remake is a brand new continuity

Did he? I remember him saying something along the lines of the old compilation not necessarily jiving with the remake, but that was it. That could mean a lot of things. A lot of the compilation plot could be included in the remake for example. This would make the other games feel like retreads.

Nope. It ended on a cliff hanger with Dirge of Cerberus. Years ago, before he was on FFXV, Tabata said he wanted his next game to be a Before Crisis remake for 3DS. Never happened obviously.

Baleoce

Remember back when Square made self-contained RPGs that didn’t have sequels, weren’t part of a “universe” with ridiculous tie-ins, and weren’t continually (and unnecessarily) updated?

Those were the days!

This is where the series went down for me. I want a self contained story.

Eylos

Banned
I think the Compilation thus far had gotten a pretty lukewarm reception, so they shelved it.
What did they expect, though? A PS2 game, a PSP game, and a bunch of loose, hard-to-find OVAs and other random media and mobile games...

I imagine it'll either be completely ignored for VII:R, or they'll go full steam into it and expand the shit out of the narrative.

Crisis core sold 3.1 Millions
Advent Children 4.47 millions
Before crisis 1.6 Millions
Dirge of cerberus 1.24 millions

With the exception of dirge of cerberus all of them sold Very well.

Abhor

I played X and X-2. This is my first time learning about 2.5/audio drama.

Jfc. I laughed for a good few minutes because of how absurd it is.

notlikethis.gif

Nope. It ended on a cliff hanger with Dirge of Cerberus. Years ago, before he was on FFXV, Tabata said he wanted his next game to be a Before Crisis remake for 3DS. Never happened obviously.
Whoa that was Tabata?! Back when I was younger all I registered in my mind was that Square Enix=Nomura. It's crazy to think that I've read Tabata's name before but completely forgot about it the next day.

It's a shame though. I really wanted more Cissnei. I also wanted that remake since I wanted to play Before Crisis. Guess Cissnei will remain in the prequels and side games...

Top Bottom