• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

FluxWaveZ

Also lol at flux saying my claim is suspicious and doesn't add up.

I reread everything from your claim forward and I get it now; it initially seemed like one of your "risky plays" that Swamped is so fond of.

A few things, though:

1. This:
Flux also hinted at wolves having a double kill "ability." He quoted what I said about wolves possibly having 2 kills every night and reworded It as an "ability." That was the other strike I had against him.
Is nonsense. Would you prefer that I call it a "double kill super power"? How about the "Super High School Level Double Kill"? What else am I supposed to call it if wolves can drop two people at once and I can't say they have the "ability" to do that? Pointless semantics.

I'm gonna try to post the narrative of what happened on N1 and N2, based on what you're saying. Coming up next...

CzarTim

I honestly buy bats claim. The only part I'm not sure I can wrap my head around is not saving the confirmed townie, but tbh I too had wondered if ultron was pulling an AB and actually a cop or something.

Also it wouldn't be a gafia game if town didn't kill its doctor.

Timeaisis

Ultron doesn't know he was saved, I asked.

Also lol at flux saying my claim is suspicious and doesn't add up.

Ok, so I'd still like to know why you decided to protect Ultron. Was he confirmed town in your eyes after his sleepwalker claim?

I'm not discounting the fact that you saved his life, but it seems very coincidental that you happened to protect Ultron (who was probably going to get lynched eventually, anyway) on N1 the very same night scum decided to kill him. I guess I'm confused because I see no reason why scum would try to kill Ultron N1.

CzarTim

Ok, so I'd still like to know why you decided to protect Ultron. Was he confirmed town in your eyes after his sleepwalker claim?

I'm not discounting the fact that you saved his life, but it seems very coincidental that you happened to protect Ultron (who was probably going to get lynched eventually, anyway) on N1 the very same night scum decided to kill him. I guess I'm confused because I see no reason why scum would try to kill Ultron N1.

That's not how his ability works, fam.

Any thoughts on lynching batsnacks to confirm his role/information. If both of his abilities are one shot, we're not losing any village night actions with a lynch. A downside is it could save the mafia from killing him if they were planning on it and they get a free kill.

No, stop it. That was fluff. Palmer said so.

He's alive!!!

And if you are referring to what was said in the day opening, the part about Burb surviving was just fluff lol.

Where have you been? Also, this has been discussed few pages ago.

Sorry, it was highlighted so I thought it was outside the fluff. Though I can't seem to find where Palmer confirmed it was fluff. I'm an idiot, all is well.

Laptop broke over the weekend, so I'll only be able to do my posting from work. I just jumped in, so I missed a lot between the night's results and bat's claim.

CzarTim

-- -.-- / -. .- -- . / .. ... / ... --- .-. .. .- -.

WbvS85H.gif

batsnacks

What Tim said is correct and logic in saving ultron is:
-I thought wolf-watchers would be on Drop. the two sleepwalker claims made me believe there would be wolf-watchers. My abilities are 1-shot and they could not have stopped me from using both even if they were watching, but I would not have been able to share all my findings day 3.
-I thought sleepwalkers messed with wolves somehow. Why else is ultron dying night 1?
-I thought ultron could be an investigative role claiming sleepwalker to protect himself.

CzarTim

Any thoughts on lynching batsnacks to confirm his role/information. If both of his abilities are one shot, we're not losing any village night actions with a lynch. A downside is it could save the mafia from killing him if they were planning on it and they get a free kill.

Sorry, it was highlighted so I thought it was outside the fluff. Though I can't seem to find where Palmer confirmed it was fluff. I'm an idiot, all is well.

Laptop broke over the weekend, so I'll only be able to do my posting from work. I just jumped in, so I missed a lot between the night's results and bat's claim.

Welcome back, sorry about your laptop.

I don't think we'd learn anything from bat's flip unless you think he's lying and really scum, but I don't see the play there personally.

FluxWaveZ

So...

Night 1 Targets:

1. Drop (Town)
2. Terrabyte20xx (Wolf)
3. ultron87 (???)

Alright, so N1, someone drops Drop. I think the logical assumption is that this was the werewolves because of it being such an "obvious" target, as batsnacks puts it himself. The wolves wouldn't kill one of their own, so that kill came from an SK or Vig. Keeping with the assumption that wolves have a double kill """"ability"""", that could explain ultron87 being targeted, but some have brought up the ability of a second independent killer role. So:

1. Drop - Killed by wolves (?)
2. Terrabyte20xx - Killed by SK/Vig.
3. ultron87 - Killed by wolves or SK/Vig.

The thing is, though... why did batsnacks choose to save ultron when his alignment wasn't, and still hasn't been revealed? He did that instead of saving a confirmed Town member. That seems either like terrible play, or something's up that batsnacks is not telling us.

No idea what cabot did or did not do anymore, because Burbeting and batsnacks have gone back and forth as a kind of "gotcha!" attempt and I don't even know what they think happened with our good doctor now. Did he or did he not successfully protect someone? I'm guessing the consensus is he tried but it didn't work somehow?

Night 2 Targets:

1. CornBurrito (Town)
2. *Splinter (Town)
3. cabot (Town)

Alright, so N2, Good People Die. Our Witch says he zapped cabot, and I guess there's still a 3rd party killah on the loose, with the wolves naturally having a night kill. So:

1. CornBurrito - Killed by wolves or SK/Vig.
2. *Splinter - Killed by wolves or SK/Vig.
3. cabot - Killed by batsnacks

This is where I got a bit confused:

1. If the assumption is that wolves have a double kill every night, then there is no SK or Vig. Which doesn't make sense because 1 kill on N1 would be unaccounted for.

2. If the assumption is that wolves have a double kill with a limitation, then I guess that's what happened on N1 and that didn't happen on N2. That means that there is likely only 1 independent killer, unless the second decided not to target anyone on N1 or couldn't?

Still a bit weirded out, but this helped me, at least.

FluxWaveZ

No lynching people we think might be Town just to "experiment." It's a waste of time and of a potential townie; leaving us with little information to gain.

What Tim said is correct and logic in saving ultron is:
-I thought wolf-watchers would be on Drop. the two sleepwalker claims made me believe there would be wolf-watchers. My abilities are 1-shot and they could not have stopped me from using both even if they were watching, but I would not have been able to share all my findings day 3.
-I thought sleepwalkers messed with wolves somehow. Why else is ultron dying night 1?
-I thought ultron could be an investigative role claiming sleepwalker to protect himself.

So... you saved ultron based on your read instead of saving a confirmed Town. What was the huge rush to use your power on N1?

Could one of the N1 kill been done by someone with a one-shot kill ability? That role's been in previous Gafia games.

Welcome back, sorry about your laptop.

I don't think we'd learn anything from bat's flip unless you think he's lying and really scum, but I don't see the play there personally.

Luckily it's still under warranty, so I'll probably be getting a brand new one.

Typing out that idea made me realize it's not the best move today. I definitely trust bat's claim, since it seems too far fetched to be made up.

batsnacks

Flux I have explained why I saved ultron like 4 times. The only weird thing going on with me saving ultron is you not understanding why I did. You are going to pretty great lengths to discredit my claim.

The reason you are suspicious is because you, and Fireblend, said early today that cabot saving someone night 1 makes sense. I saved ultron night 1 so the wolves most likely know he was saved. When Cabot flipped, the wolves most likely assumed that it was cabot who blocked their kill on night 1.

I don't see any reason why any villager should have believed Cabot saved someone before I claimed.

Ok batsnaks...

I'm going to post 1 thing based on if what you are saying is true (a theory on the double killing wolves) and then a "what the shit, I don't believe you because the deaths only seem to add up after you post something and try to make it work"

1-). If the wolves have a permanent double kill with limitation, it is likely related to the fact that we night killed one of there own (on nights after a wolf is killed you may target two players as long as X wolf is still alive). I think it is more likely that they had a one off double kill in this instance.

Or

2). I think you claim is full of shit. It starts with the "I saved ultron" part. This throws our deaths off (because day 2 should have had 4 deaths now, unless we have a whole lot of one off killer roles.). Sorry it's too convenient.

Now I agree with using your abilities early, nothing worse than dying with an override or some sort of 1-off night kill.

FluxWaveZ

Flux I have explained why I saved ultron like 4 times. The only weird thing going on with me saving ultron is you not understanding why I did. You are going to pretty great lengths to discredit my claim.

The reason you are suspicious is because you, and Fireblend, said early today that cabot saving someone night 1 makes sense. I saved ultron night 1 so the wolves most likely know he was saved. When Cabot flipped, the wolves most likely assumed that it was cabot who blocked their kill on night 1.

Oh, I get it. Like I said: you chose to save ultron based on your personal assumptions and reads instead of something that was actually confirmed.

I like how you totally ignored my question as to why you supposedly hurried to save someone on N1, too.

I don't see any reason why any villager should have believed Cabot saved someone before I claimed.

Because you and Burbeting stated cabot saved someone? Why is it oh so suspicious that I agreed with that argument YOU brought up, but Burbeting gets a pass. And why does it seem you both coordinated together to bring up that argument, then subvert that in one fell swoop to catch anyone who would agree (in this case, me and Fireblend)?

I doubt that batsnacks is lying. Witch was in the last game, and Palmer confirmed that some roles would be returning. It would be a pretty big risk to fake claim a role which could well be in the game.

And I don't really see it helping that much, wasting a lynch on a likely townie is never a good idea.

CzarTim

I don't understand where the "wolves have a double kill" thing came from, and I don't know why anyone would make that assumption without far more info.

FluxWaveZ

I don't understand where the "wolves have a double kill" thing came from, and I don't know why anyone would make that assumption without far more info.

I'll point you to this:
So I was curious about who initially suggested that the wolves could kill multiple targets in a single night after Fireblend mentioned it up top, and here it is:
I think the "there must be 2 killing roles" people should consider that in a 29 player game, wolves probably get at least 2 kills every night. This game could take months otherwise.
This comment came out of nowhere when people were discussing the possibility of an SK, and then it was passed off as a "mistake" soon after:
Oh my bad, I should learn to read the day post. I was wondering why everyone was saying there were 2 killing roles.
It was a weird mistake, especially considering our role PM:
No, why are you so fixated on the idea of another killing faction? You've posted a lot of implications about that on Day 2. Weird.

I'm talking about our role PM that says that our primary goal in this game is to eliminate all threats, not "eliminate all werewolves." Anyone who actually received a Town role should have that goal, and realize the implication.

So someone questioning the possibility of threats that are not werewolves... it's rather questionable.
Now that this seems to actually be what's going on, it's pretty curious that this "mistake" ended up being an actual werewolf ability.
Now batsnacks is trying to make it seem like it's suspicious that I called their supposed double kill ability a double kill ability, when he was the one who somehow made a "mistake" about it and brought it up in the first place.

At least I think that's weird.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt that batsnacks is lying. Witch was in the last game, and Palmer confirmed that some roles would be returning. It would be a pretty big risk to fake claim a role which could well be in the game.

And I don't really see it helping that much, wasting a lynch on a likely townie is never a good idea.

What if it was a fake claim and there was an actual Witch out there? Do you think that Witch would just up and go, "No, I'M the witch!" in response to batsnacks so that the wolves had an easy target?

People are going to fake claim here, that's just inevitable.

batsnacks

What if it was a fake claim and there was an actual Witch out there? Do you think that Witch would just up and go, "No, I'M the witch!" in response to batsnacks so that the wolves had an easy target?

People are going to fake claim here, that's just inevitable.
Wolves trading any role one for one is extremely bad for them.

I didn't want to do this today but I am concerned the village is off track and that our situation will not improve without a better understanding of what's going on.

I am a village aligned witch. [/]I have two one-shot abilities, resurrect and kill. I think Time had this role in the previous game.

N1 I could have saved Drop, Terrabyte, or Ultron. I thought saving Drop was too dangerous/obvious. I felt confident Ultron was village-aligned and thought that village-aligned sleepwalkers might mess with the wolves somehow; why else would someone go for Ultron the first night? I saved ultron.

D2 cabot posts this:

I interpreted this as cabot having too much information to be village-aligned. I assumed cabot was a wolf and knew that ultron was saved. I assumed cabot was openly criticizing the ultron save because wolves had some kind of watcher role on Drop and were trying to intercept healing roles. By saving ultron, I would have averted this plan.

N2 I killed cabot for reasons above. Sorry cabot :(

D3 -burbeting posts a question "what if cabot saved someone night 1?" I also posted some quotes by Cabot that were deliberately out of context, making it seem like Cabot did save a sleepwalker. Immediately jumping on this "Cabot saved someone night 1" narrative are Fireblend and flux. Only wolves, and myself, should know that someone was saved on the first night. So that is why I am lynching flux or Fireblend today.

I don't buy this, and I think you're lying--at least about the ultron part. Explain to me how "resurrect" works: you know who gets killed on any given night and can then choose to save one of them on the same night? I'm assuming, then, that what happens is that Palmer sends you a PM to let you know who died, right? So you know who gets killed every night? That sounds way too powerful.

I already know your response to that question. You're going to say you only know who gets killed on the night you use your ability. So why use it on Night 1?

Obviously I have no way to verify the cabot part, but I call bullshit on your claim.

VOTE: batsnacks

I was actually intending to make a post saying that I'd been feeling uneasy about Swamped. I had nothing to really go on in terms of concrete evidence, though, but now her constant alignment with batsnacks is really pushing me to think both of them are scum.

I don't buy this, and I think you're lying--at least about the ultron part. Explain to me how "resurrect" works: you know who gets killed on any given night and can then choose to save one of them on the same night? I'm assuming, then, that what happens is that Palmer sends you a PM to let you know who died, right? So you know who gets killed every night? That sounds way too powerful.

It was in the last game, it's a real role: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...nPXAZc9GXSIZLj7eE50Xy3MLKc/edit#gid=0&vpid=A1

I already know your response to that question. You're going to say you only know who gets killed on the night you use your ability. So why use it on Night 1?

Obviously I have no way to verify the cabot part, but I call bullshit on your claim.

I was actually intending to make a post saying that I'd been feeling uneasy about Swamped. I had nothing to really go on in terms of concrete evidence, though, but now her constant alignment with batsnacks is really pushing me to think both of them are scum.

Witch existed in the last game and worked the exact same way.

ultron87

Thanks, bats! Being alive is swell.

This does indeed mean there is a crapload of death flying around at night if we've got person that killed Terra (neutral or vigilante), people that have killed Villagers and targeted me (2 wolf kills?), and bats' now expended power. Terra's killer could be an X-shot Vig holding fire for a bit, or could be a neutral with a limited targeting ability (like I had last game) that missed last night.

Timeaisis

This is where I'm confused. He shoots it off N1, but instead of saving a confirmed town protects Ultron instead. Why use it on N1 when he isn't even going to protect Drop? He could've waited and got a better read on someone else to protect if he thought Drop was a lost cause.

I can't say it's scummy to protect someone, but the circumstances around it are weird.

I wonder what Ultron's take on all this is.

I have another idea for analysis today. If bats is truthful, that means scum wanted Ultron dead. I think what motivated scum to choose Ultron is worth looking into. Did scum think they'd get Drop and Ultron N1? Why those two? Ultron hasn't said a whole lot so him being targeted on N1 still sticks out to me as weird.

batsnacks

Concerning why I didn't save resurrect for another night beyond night 1: I didn't want to risk dying and wasting a very powerful ability.

batsnacks

Also, the list sent to me at the end of the night doesn't contain alignments/role info. It's just names of who is dying. It is less information that everyone else gets in the day post.

batsnacks

I feel as though not many people think Fireblend and flux are suspicious for agreeing, before I claimed, that someone was saved night 1.

I might need to re-examine my thought process there. If someone other than flux could comment that would be super.

I feel as though not many people think Fireblend and flux are suspicious for agreeing, before I claimed, that someone was saved night 1.

I might need to re-examine my thought process there. If someone other than flux could comment that would be super.
Personally, I thought a 3-death night was the anomaly. I'd hate to imagine that being the norm and a 2-death night being a one time deal. That would suck so much for us, since we've been running on fumes in terms of actual leads.

batsnacks

Personally, I thought a 3-death night was the anomaly. I'd hate to imagine that being the norm and a 2-death night being a one time deal. That would suck so much for us, since we've been running on fumes in terms of actual leads.
So you agree flux and Fireblend were suspicious to assume a 2 death night involved a save of some kind?

Top Bottom