• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Fireblend

Banned
If I don't reveal by the end of day three, I recover from the insomnia (the flavor says its recurring paranoia) and become regular town.

giphy.gif

batsnacks

I believe him but it sounds like a wolf role. Pull off a dangerous claim and you get to keep your ability longer.

I endorse evicting him but I'm not going to vote because I don't want the day to end early.

Swamped

Banned
There is nothing about a gender in my role, I would be surprised if this was a mechanic that only one player could see or be affected by it.

On another note, I've tried to play my reveal off as a bad game move and it's been partly that but there is one small part of my role that is part of the reason why I had to reveal today.

If I don't reveal by the end of day three, I recover from the insomnia (the flavor says its recurring paranoia) and become regular town. I figured it would help if I revealed at the beginning of the day than at the end.

I kept this to myself because now that I have revealed it doesn't matter, I stay an insomniac. As useless or useful as that entails...

HAHAHAHA That's so hilarious!

I have to ask myself: Is this is sort of lie scum would come up with to backtrack on a fakeclaim? If so, why?

And why did Zipped claim in the first place if he is indeed a wolf? He had some suspicions on him on D2, but he wasn't really in the running for lynching. If he is a wolf and he was visited last night, maybe he feared that it was a Village investigative role.

I actually really want to believe Zipped. All my above points are assuming Zipped is a wolf, but his story could be true.

Zipped, why did you not start your claim by saying you would turn into an ordinary if you didn't reveal by today?

ultron87

So you're telling us you have a mostly useless role that gives you the exciting choice of making it useless by claiming (so wolves can avoid you) or making it go away by not claiming.

Uh huh.

FluxWaveZ

Zipped, why did you not start your claim by saying you would turn into an ordinary if you didn't reveal by today?

Zipped, if you don't have a good answer for this, I am not changing my vote until this day is over.

It's bad enough that you seemingly don't have a good answer as to why you were so hesitant to say whether or not you were visited by one of the two sleepwalkers.

kingkitty

There is nothing about a gender in my role, I would be surprised if this was a mechanic that only one player could see or be affected by it.

On another note, I've tried to play my reveal off as a bad game move and it's been partly that but there is one small part of my role that is part of the reason why I had to reveal today.

If I don't reveal by the end of day three, I recover from the insomnia (the flavor says its recurring paranoia) and become regular town. I figured it would help if I revealed at the beginning of the day than at the end.

I kept this to myself because now that I have revealed it doesn't matter, I stay an insomniac. As useless or useful as that entails...

Any reason why you didn't mention this with your initial claim?

FluxWaveZ

The hell was the point of this role claim again if you didn't think your ability was useful any longer? Your whole thing is so confusing. You did this because you didn't want to get shot by a Vigilante, but the ability you claim is useless was going to expire on its own anyways, so... What?

Huh?

Having an ability is better than not having one

When I flip town, look at these first votes. It's in the werewolves interests to kill me during the day. They know my role is legit

Timeaisis

I had forgotten bats unvoted. It is 7.

greatlord tiger (0)
burbeting 1807 (2159)
swamped 1812 (1839)
xamtheking 1813 (2145)
zippedpinhead 1816 (1957)
mattyg 1824 (2164)
timeaisis 1889 (2147)

greatlordtiger (0)
zippedpinhead 1815 (1816)

xamtheking (2)
makai 1818 (2199)
fireblend 1842
zippedpinhead 1957

fluxwavez (0)
batsnacks 1835 (2069)
swamped 1839 (1936)

timeaisis (1)
fluxwavez 1869 (2068)
czartim 1870 (1901)
rats off to ya 1871 (2148)
swamped 1936
batsnacks 2069 (2103)

lollipop dave (0)
czartim 1901 (1903)

starsketch (0)
czartim 1903 (2155)

batsnacks (0)
septimus prime 2036 (2214)

zippedpinhead (7)
batsnacks 2139 (2187)
fluxwavez 2141
xamtheking 2145
rats off to ya 2148
kingkitty 2176
makai 2199
timeaisis 2210
septimus prime 2214

rats off to ya (1)
czartim 2155

zippedinthehead (1)
boo boo'n 2179

Fireblend

Banned
Anyone can access royal's app, and post vote counts! It's blocked for me at work though.
Day 3 votes

greatlord tiger (0)
burbeting 1807 (2159)
swamped 1812 (1839)
xamtheking 1813 (2145)
zippedpinhead 1816 (1957)
mattyg 1824 (2164)
timeaisis 1889 (2147)

greatlordtiger (0)
zippedpinhead 1815 (1816)

xamtheking (2)
makai 1818 (2199)
fireblend 1842
zippedpinhead 1957

fluxwavez (0)
batsnacks 1835 (2069)
swamped 1839 (1936)

timeaisis (1)
fluxwavez 1869 (2068)
czartim 1870 (1901)
rats off to ya 1871 (2148)
swamped 1936
batsnacks 2069 (2103)

lollipop dave (0)
czartim 1901 (1903)

starsketch (0)
czartim 1903 (2155)

batsnacks (0)
septimus prime 2036 (2214)

zippedpinhead (7)
batsnacks 2139 (2187)
fluxwavez 2141
xamtheking 2145
rats off to ya 2148
kingkitty 2176
makai 2199
timeaisis 2210
septimus prime 2214

rats off to ya (1)
czartim 2155

zippedinthehead (1)
boo boo'n 2179

ultron87

When I flip town, look at these first votes. It's in the werewolves interests to kill me during the day. They know my role is legit

Why? They can just avoid you or kill you now. You already said you won't get anything if someone tries to kill you.

Sounds pretty goalpost mov-y.

I could've sworn that there was a role that watched people during the night phase, where in that case that person could probably know where the sleepy dude went right?

So you lied about your role huh. Cool.

VOTE: Zippedinthehead

You spelled his name wrong fam

What ultron said. They lose nothing by night killing you, aside from wasting their night kill on someone a lot of people were wary of to begin with.

Assuming you're Town, of course. You're probably not.

Why? They can just avoid you or kill you now. You already said you won't get anything if someone tries to kill you.

They know I'm town, scum kills me during the day and then gets an extra "town-free" choice to kill another town. Whenever we vote, there is always the possibility we could kill scum.

kingkitty

Having to role claim on Day 3 to retain you ability sounds far fetched. Especially how it can make your role far less useful. I'm sorry Zipped if that's really your role condition but at this moment I just don't buy it.

I'm not sure you can catch any contradictions or suspicious behavior if everyone knows what your ability is. People who fake claim ordinary townie will know to avoid your gaze. I just don't see the point.

anyways I'll be back within 12 hourish.

They know I'm town, scum kills me during the day and then gets an extra "town-free" choice to kill another town. Whenever we vote, there is always the possibility we could kill scum.
How do they know you're Town?
I assume Scum doesn't know if someone is Town or Neutral without investigating them beforehand, they only know the people that are not directly aligned with them

I've revealed everything about my role (while paraphrasing, I left out the flavor about Palmer and the chucklefucks, nin1000 and theworthyedge and visceral imagery.

How do they know you're Town?
I assume Scum doesn't know if someone is Town or Neutral without investigating them beforehand, they only know the people that are not directly aligned with them

You are right they don't know I'm town, but they know I'm not wolf.

Their win condition (per the dead wolf's role PM) is that they win when wolves tie or outnumber the remaining combination of non-wolf roles.

So they don't care, but this way they get town to kill me and not have to risk twin flipping the vote towards scum.

Makai

I will vote for Rats, Time, or Zipp today. Preferably in that order as that is most to least likely scum imo. Will also lynch Star, but we won't learn much from her flip.
What's the case against Time? I saw the bit where he forgot angling for a Star bandwagon, but that's small potatoes compared to the much slipperier scumslips from Xam and Zipped today.

Palmer_v1

You know those names are in my role PM...

Ah, I was just dealing with this in NV a bit. Basically don't quote stuff from the fluff parts of your role PMs. It's just there for fun and has no bearing on the game. Feel free to paraphrase anything about the mechanical functions or titles of your role though.

Ah, I was just dealing with this in NV a bit. Basically don't quote stuff from the fluff parts of your role PMs. It's just there for fun and has no bearing on the game. Feel free to paraphrase anything about the mechanical functions or titles of your role though.

Is what I have Ok, or do you want me to delete it?

Regarding Zip's claim: I find it hard to believe that you can claim your role without an action of some sort. (i.e. Roleclaim) You might as well tell us who visited you at this point.

Did QuantumBro get replaced? I feel like I haven't seen him in forever.

I'm around, posted some stuff yesterday. My vote was between Timeaisis and Fireblend before Zip did his bonus role claim round.

Palmer_v1

Is what I have Ok, or do you want me to delete it?

It won't mean anything to anyone and it's already there.

The fluff was something Ouro did as a favor to just add some humor to the role reveals and such. It's customized to each player, except the poor ordinaries, and is completely pointless to talk about as proof of anything.

Regarding Zip's claim: I find it hard to believe that you can claim your role without an action of some sort. (i.e. Roleclaim) You might as well tell us who visited you at this point.

I'm around, posted some stuff yesterday. My vote was between Timeaisis and Fireblend before Zip did his bonus role claim round.
In the last game, Princess at least actually had that command available. Using it would prompt a mod to reveal my entire role PM.

I was thinking Zipped is scum because the reveal mess seems really silly to me, but then I remembered everyone I've 'read' has been the opposite so...

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

I hope this is the one I get right!

Top Bottom