• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Makai

I'm still vary of you, due to that soft claim. Why did the scum completely ignore you and Dave, the possible lovers (at that time?). Only one who knew what the claim was truly about, was you. If the scums had two kills, why didn't they go for the "lovers"?
I didn't claim or soft-claim. That was just the interpretation of a few people. Drop was a mod-confirmed Town power role, so they killed him.

P.S. *wary

FluxWaveZ

You said that me and Batsnacks did the same gambit about baiting the people on the strongman case, right?

So I quoted on my post, where I commented on Batsnack's gambit, I called him out that I had already did that.

No, that's not what I'm talking about.
D3 -burbeting posts a question "what if cabot saved someone night 1?" I also posted some quotes by Cabot that were deliberately out of context, making it seem like Cabot did save a sleepwalker. Immediately jumping on this "Cabot saved someone night 1" narrative are Fireblend and flux. Only wolves, and myself, should know that someone was saved on the first night. So that is why I am lynching flux or Fireblend today.
Isn't it funny that both you and batsnacks came up with the exact same "gotcha" strategy?

Burbeting

Banned
No, that's not what I'm talking about.

Isn't it funny that both you and batsnacks came up with the exact same "gotcha" strategy?

And uh, yes? I commented on his gotcha-strategy partly in that post as well, as he had just at that point used it?

Question: Do you really think, that two scums would use a completely same strategy, in a quite short time interval?

FluxWaveZ

I have not understood Flux's line of thinking this entire game tbh.

It's basically this.

B309A1m.gif

Timeaisis

So what I'm getting out of Burb's claim:

1. Scum did not know Cabot was the Doctor - Seeing as they used Strong Kill on Cabot thinking the Doc might protect Cabot. So they killed him for being the Deputy.
2. Batsnacks did indeed target Cabot, but so did scum. That means there were four kill abilities firing off on N2. Two on Cabot, one of Splinter, and one on CornBurrito. That's a lot of kills.
3. No one tried to kill CrimsonFist last night. Or protect him. Or anything.

Still, we only had one death last night. And Burb and CrimsonFist are both alive.

After looking back at previous posts by Burb, I realize I should've accounted for strongman, but I just never considered it as a possibility. Hell, I didn't even mention it at all. It doesn't look like anyone did. Looking back, we probably should've realized you kept bringing it up for a reason. It wasn't for nefarious reasons, just did not ever consider it as a real possibility. Obviously, I was wrong about that.

And yet, here we stand, with just one kill today. After two night one, and a possible of four on N2. Something weird is going on.

Burbeting

Banned
So what I'm getting out of Burb's claim:

1. Scum did not know Cabot was the Doctor - Seeing as they used Strong Kill on Cabot thinking the Doc might protect Cabot. So they killed him for being the Deputy.
2. Batsnacks did indeed target Cabot, but so did scum. That means there were four kill abilities firing off on N2. Two on Cabot, one of Splinter, and one on CornBurrito. That's a lot of kills.
3. No one tried to kill CrimsonFist last night. Or protect him. Or anything.

Still, we only had one death last night. And Burb and CrimsonFist are both alive.

After looking back at previous posts by Burb, I realize I should've accounted for strongman, but I just never considered it as a possibility. Hell, I didn't even mention it at all. It doesn't look like anyone did. Looking back, we probably should've realized you kept bringing it up for a reason. It wasn't for nefarious reasons, just did not ever consider it as a real possibility. Obviously, I was wrong about that.

And yet, here we stand, with just one kill today. After two night one, and a possible of four on N2. Something weird is going on.

And three kills were originally going to come in N1, but Batsnacks revived Ultron.

Burbeting, I'm wondering, do you get notified if the person you're watching is visited by a sleepwalker?

Considering the size of the game, it's reasonable enough that they wouldn't have visited whilst you were watching anyway, but between you and Zipped we haven't seen either of them yet.

FluxWaveZ

And uh, yes? I commented on his gotcha-strategy partly in that post as well, as he had just at that point used it?

Question: Do you really think, that two scums would use a completely same strategy, in a quite short time interval?

I don't get it. Your quote you just posted is post #1848. The batsnacks quote I just posted is post #1956. batsnacks only revealed his "ultimate plan" in post #1956, which Swamped was eagerly following along with when batsnacks had just voted for me out of nowhere. Unless you're a time traveler, how exactly did you know what batsnacks was going for as a "gotcha-strategy"?

And hell if I know, which is why I'm not certain you're both wolves, either. There's nothing certain about you both being town, though.

Warxard

Banned
01 [m] CrimsonFist - Sheriff/Maybe Town (?)
02 [m] Xamtheking - Sleepwalker (?)
-Why won't you lynch this motherfucker
04 [m] Lollipop Dave - ???
-Generally have a high distrust for Lollipop Dave. Probably town though, unless he's playing us like a damn fiddle.
ADDED: Burbeting's addition of Dave being a possible lover with someone else should be considered.
05 [m] FluxWaveZ
06 [m] CzarTim - ???
-Was that post you made when this day started worth anything?
08 [m] Trigger
09 [m] ultron87 - Sleepwalker (?)
-Most likely accurate in his claim of being a sleepwalker.
11 [f] Sawneeks
12 [m] Septimus Prime
13 [m] QuantumBro
14 [m] Timeaisis
15 [m] Hyperactivity

17 [m] Burbeting -- Voyeur ???
--Plausible enough, worthy of nothing that he's the first of the game to even mention the Strongman role and, considering Cabot's role as a guard is the most plausible as to how Cabot got killed. At the same time it COULD be some elaborate ruse by both Burbeting and Batsnacks...
18 [m] Terrabyte20xx - WOLF/DEAD
19 [m] Makai - ???
-Makai SOFT roleclaimed (?),
20 [m] batsnacks - Witch (?)
-I don't understand why this supposed witch would waste a revival on a sleepwalker. Seems like a bad move regardless.
ADDED: Burbeting's reveal added to make batsnacks' claim a lot more plausible.
23 [m] Rats Off To Ya - ??
-I'm leaning town.
25 [f] Swamped
26 [m] kingkitty

28 [m] Boo Boo 'n - Very Handsome, and cool
29 [m] Fireblend - JERK
-I want to say town, meets the requisites of being a townie. Likes to have me in the corner :/, which is understandable considering my post log hasn't been of his preference.

That leaves the bolded still with nothing to produce out of themselves. At least two fo the bolded could possibly be wolves.

Burbeting

Banned
Burbeting, I'm wondering, do you get notified if the person you're watching is visited by a sleepwalker?

Considering the size of the game, it's reasonable enough that they wouldn't have visited whilst you were watching anyway, but between you and Zipped we haven't seen either of them yet.

I asked Palmer about in D1, I asked if I would get a response like "your target was sleepwalked on". His response was bit vague to it, he just said that I would get the information that they were visited. I assume he meant that I would get the information that the sleepwalkers would visit, but I didn't ask further,

At any case, it meant that if Sleepwalkers had visited my targets, I would have been noted somehow. I assume by saying "your target was visited by a sleepwalker".

---

Burbeting

Banned
I don't get it. Your quote you just posted is post #1848. The batsnacks quote I just posted is post #1956. batsnacks only revealed his "ultimate plan" in post #1956, which Swamped was eagerly following along with when batsnacks had just voted for me out of nowhere. Unless you're a time traveler, how exactly did you know what batsnacks was going for as a "gotcha-strategy"?

And hell if I know, which is why I'm not certain you're both wolves, either. There's nothing certain about you both being town, though.

He revealed his plan later yeah, but it was quite obvious at least to me (since I had just used the similar gotcha-plan, as you said), where he was going with it.

CzarTim

That leaves the bolded still with nothing to produce out of themselves. At least two fo the bolded could possibly be wolves.

lol yeah, if you make a list of half the game you'll probably find at least two wolves

Password to my post is my username, but beware, you may not be ready for the truth.

Fireblend

Banned
Interesting stuff, Burb. I agreed with you on the Cabot thing because of what I've said: It was the simplest and thus much more likely scenario, in my mind. It's much easier to suggest the strongman scenario when you know it's what actually happened, but of course now I agree we should 100% assume that there's a strongman-wolf. Hindsight is 20/20.

Warxard

Banned
lol yeah, if you make a list of half the game you'll probably find at least two wolves

Password to my post is my username, but beware, you may not be ready for the truth.

I just deleted the dead people except the noted wolves, that's why the list is so small. No point paying attention to the dead ones.

Timeaisis

And three kills were originally going to come in N1, but Batsnacks revived Ultron.

We don't know that for sure, but it's probably true. Meaning we sholuld've had more kills last night, probably...

Considering these things:
1. We likely should've had more deaths last night
2. Crimson wasn't targeted by anyone
My conclusion is someone was protected or roleblocked last night that was being marked for death who wasn't Crimson.

Personally, I think Burb was targeted last night. They STRONGED the deputy before but then didn't try to kill the deputy again? That's weird, too. Maybe they got blocked or they strongkilled someone else.

CzarTim

I just skimmed through Flux's posts and I could go either way on him. He reminds me a lot of Palmer's bff raindoc, which is not good.

Burbeting

Banned
Palmer sent me a new pm just now about the sleepwalkers and my role. Obviously not quoting it, but he stated that if a sleepwalker (like Terra) would have visited my target, I would have seen a sleepwalker visit.

CzarTim

I just deleted the dead people except the noted wolves, that's why the list is so small. No point paying attention to the dead ones.

No I'm saying you bolded almost 10 names and said "at least two wolves," and like, you could RNG a list of names and get the same odds.

Swamped

Banned
Oh wow, thanks for that revelation Burb. Lots to think about, but i do believe what you said is the truth. Strongman is usually X-shot, right?

Whatever the case is, Rats Off To Ya is our target. All we've managed to turn against are Town so far; we can change that today.

Change of heart on Rats? At the end of D3 you thought the Rats bandwagon was weird. What's your read on Rats, and has it changed throughout this game?

Swamped

Banned
There's still some unaccounted kill on N2. If we assume Corn wad a vig kill (there HAS to be a town aligned killer, i mean, scum has a strong man), then who killed Splinter? So confusing. I'm not sure if this train of thought will help with scum hunting though.

Burbeting

Banned
There's still some unaccounted kill on N2. If we assume Corn wad a vig kill (there HAS to be a town aligned killer, i mean, scum has a strong man), then who killed Splinter? So confusing. I'm not sure if this train of thought will help with scum hunting though.

Either Scum's second KP, or neutral SK?

Timeaisis

Oh wow, thanks for that revelation Burb. Lots to think about, but i do believe what you said is the truth. Strongman is usually X-shot, right?

Usually, I believe. However, I thought Burb's implication was that Drop was strongkilled on N1 (which explains why no one "protected him" -- he probably was protected by Cabot after all) and obviously Cabot was strongkilled on N2. Now, either it's a 2-shot, it's unlimited, or Drop wasn't strongkilled.

I might be misremembering though. Did Cabot ever imply that Drop was protected? I know he distanced himself from the doc role quite a bit.

Yup.

Burbeting

Banned
Usually, I believe. However, I thought Burb's implication was that Drop was strongkilled on N1 (which explains why no one "protected him" -- he probably was protected by Cabot after all) and obviously Cabot was strongkilled on N2. Now, either it's a 2-shot, it's unlimited, or Drop wasn't strongkilled.

I might be misremembering though. Did Cabot ever imply that Drop was protected? I know he distanced himself from the doc role quite a bit.

Yup.

Some of Cabot's posts implied that he protected Drop, at least they implied it for me.

And even if Cabot did not guard Drop, I think scum must have assumed, that there would be a doctor protecting him, so that they used the Strongman there.

He kind of did. He posted in a hypothetical way that there was no reason for the doctor not to protect a confirmed town. It's likely that he posted that because he knows his protection failed.

Timeaisis

For the record, I think N2 we had:

Cabot - strongkilled, also targeted by bats
Corn - Vig
Splinter - Scum

I see that as most likely. That way we have got: 1 scum regular kill, 1 scum strong kill, a Vig (or x-shot) and a 1-shot witch (bats).

I've said it all along that I think scum has got two KP, and it looks like I'm right. The only question now is whether the Strongman is X-shot or not. Even if he's a 1 or two shot, we're missing some kills today.

Burbeting

Banned
For the record, I think N2 we had:

Cabot - strongkilled, also targeted by bats
Corn - Vig
Splinter - Scum

I see that as most likely. That way we have got: 1 scum regular kill, 1 scum strong kill, a Vig (or x-shot) and a 1-shot witch (bats).

I've said it all along that I think scum has got two KP, and it looks like I'm right. The only question now is whether the Strongman is X-shot or not. Even if he's a 1 or two shot, we're missing some kills today.

This theory has a problem: Assuming the roles would be like that, N1 would then be...

Drop - strongkilled
Terra - Vig
Ultron - Scum...?

Why would scum try to kill Ultron?

Timeaisis

This theory has a problem: Assuming the roles would be like that, N1 would then be...

Drop - strongkilled
Terra - Vig
Ultron - Scum...?

Why would scum try to kill Ultron?

Who knows. Someone definitely tried to kill Ultron and it wasn't bats or the strongman. The only other option is that we have 2 vigs?

I don't see it as completely impossible that scum tried to off Ultron, though. Sleepwalker claim and all, but it would've been a very confusing death to try to make sense of.

Maybe there is a paranoid gunman or something like that, and nobody else has run into them yet.

although I think both serial killer and vigilante is the most likely possibility, although whilst both Terra and Ultron make sense from a Vig perspective, why would a serial killer target either? and why did neither of them get a kill last night?

Trigger

Burb's claim is really helpful in giving us an idea of what's happening at night. However it's also kinda confused me more. A strong man throws of all my assumptions about what happened.

FluxWaveZ

Rats Off To Ya

Day 1
  • First and immediate thought after the sleepwalker claim of ultron and Xam is disbelief and to test them by lynching one of them, with little regard to their alignment. (#224)
  • Aside from his preoccupation with the sleepwalkers, he is inactive for most of Day 1. Claims it was due to real life stuff. (#659)
  • Not the most elaborate reasoning for reads. In the end, his one and only vote is for one of the sleepwalkers: ultron (#783)
Day 2
  • First day 2 comment: more doubt about sleepwalkers, expressing disbelief at there being 3 in the game. (#1055)
  • Most agreed that Terrabyte did not stand out, which is why it was surprising to see him dead on Day 2, and especially finding out he was a wolf. Rats objects to this however, claiming:
    When I looked at the end of the day, the name that stood out to me more than anyone else was Terra. I'm not a Vig, but if I was he would have been my target.
  • His comment immediately after that:
    With that said, based on our win condition I'd bet we have a SK among us.
  • Like in Day 1, Rats once again expresses flippancy regarding the alignment of the person he votes for after switching his D2 vote from ultron to GreatLord Tiger:
    Also, on the chance that GLT is scum (which is honestly a shot in the dark at this point), I feel like there would be a lot to unpack in that post. That seems worth a flip to me.
  • Was a bit more active on Day 2, however still blends in.
Day 3
  • The person next to CzarTim who immediately voted for Timeaisis after I pointed out a superficial contradiction. Rats did express the following in Day 2 before:
    I'm still feeling GLT today but I could see myself switching to Time. He's said a lot that I agree with, but I'm getting some of the same twinges I got from him last time around.
    But those three posts in a row, starting with mine, looked suspicious as hell, tbh. Obvious bandwagon vote. (#1871)
  • Zipped was acting crazy, so this one's given a pass as an individual action, but bandwagon vote on Zippedinhead. (#2148)
  • I actually don't know what this is:
    If I was scum I'd be trying a lot harder, believe me.
    Sorry, that was a dumb thing to say. I'm kind of frustrated at myself for not having more to contribute.
Day 4
  • Hasn't posted anything yet.
General
  • Has not been active in terms of trying to determine the alignments of others.
  • Has not been active when it comes to expressing thoughts on others' alignments.
  • Does not particularly care who gets lynched; disguises this attitude by repeatedly claiming that he does not have strong reads on anyone, or that he wants to "test" someone by finding out their flip.
  • Has a tendency to bandwagon; he wants carried momentum and for people to just die quickly.
  • Has constantly been flying under the radar, with the only times he's shown a particularly strong presence being when he has berated people for early claims.
He is either a wolf or a neutral alignment who doesn't care about what happens to Town; i.e. a serial killer. He is a threat.
Change of heart on Rats? At the end of D3 you thought the Rats bandwagon was weird. What's your read on Rats, and has it changed throughout this game?

I found that bandwagon to be weird before and I honestly didn't think much of Rats before now but, hey, opinions can change overNight.

"I'm not a Vig, but I would have killed that guy who mysteriously died last night. Also, there's probably a Serial Killer."

Sounds like Rats might be an SK.

Warxard

Banned
I wouldn't say a wolf, maybe the latter. It would seem to obvious that a townie with little interaction with town could have a killing role.

I can't really gel with the idea that Rats is scum.

Swamped

Banned
I'm still in this meeting, and I will talk more about my other suspects before this day phase ends for sure. I swear I'm not suffering from tunnel vision, but I just haven't had a chance yet to look at my other suspects in detail.

Are there people here who are leaning town on Rats and Time? If so, why? I see Boo Boo'n leans town on Rats. Flux has changed his read of Rats, which is of course fine, people change their minds all the time.

If he's a killing role, his comment on Terra would imply more that he's the vig would it not? Reminds me of Cabot trying to distance himself from the doctor role.

Although in that case he'd be town aligned so the lack of contribution and willingness to flip possible townies would make less sense.

Warxard

Banned
I'm still in this meeting, and I will talk more about my other suspects before this day phase ends for sure. I swear I'm not suffering from tunnel vision, but I just haven't had a chance yet to look at my other suspects in detail.

Are there people here who are leaning town on Rats and Time? If so, why? I see Boo Boo'n leans town on Rats. Flux has changed his read of Rats, which is of course fine, people change their minds all the time.

I can't speak on Timeasis as much as I can Rats, but it's wholly possible that Rats probably has some sort of PR that only let him use it one time for the game. Flux did bring up the speaking pattern noted with Rats (I'm not 'x,' but if I WAS.) hence making me lean that he's either a PR or a townie, because no wolf would make that amateur mistake right?

FluxWaveZ

I can't speak on Timeasis as much as I can Rats, but it's wholly possible that Rats probably has some sort of PR that only let him use it one time for the game. Flux did bring up the speaking pattern noted with Rats (I'm not 'x,' but if I WAS.) hence making me lean that he's either a PR or a townie, because no wolf would make that amateur mistake right?

What...?

Boo Boo'n, who are your top scum reads?

Warxard

Banned
What...?

Boo Boo'n, who are your top scum reads?

Jesus christ.

Xamtheking

Xam's posts throughout the majority of the game have been bumbling, careless, vague and noncontributing to the discussions during the day phase. His votes come off mostly as bandwagon-y, the singluar quips and responses to the rest of town are of little help. Since Day 1 I've had my suspicions for the guy, and those really don't leave when you have yourself simply going "I fucked up", or "whoops" in response to people pointing out your fuck ups.

Hyperactivity
Yes, he's just replacing GreatLord Tiger, but the sudden questioning of the context of GLT's leaving wouldn't be something he would ask publically to the group unless he had some sort of role for/against town. A normal townie would just, jump in and discuss/collaborate. The question has me irked a bit, is all.

Fireblend
Post-burbeting's role reveal, unlike you Flux FB is taking the response to Burbeting having him in his accusation pool really well. Somewhat 'too' well. That, and the incessant need of him pressuring myself for these same reads from last game (to which I do admit I was fucking up), gives the impression that maybe, just maybe, h/she's probably hiding something.

Lollipop Dave
Not priority, but still someone to consider.

kingkitty.
Don't really see this one post a lot. Someone to scout in the future..

Of those, Xam I feel very confident is town at this point, and Kingkitty hasn't posted much, but I've been pretty impressed with what he has posted.

Dave has been pretty quiet since the baker stuff. I know he said that he'd been busy with stuff irl, but he really hasn't been contributing anything at all.

Top Bottom