• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s one thing you want added to the PS5 and/or Xbox Series?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
PS5
I’d like the ability to suspend multiple games at once. I’d love to have games like AEW or GT7 always suspended for quick play. Complete a match or race then jump back into Final Fantasy 7.

Xbox Series
I want to be able to remote play Xbox 360 or original Xbox games. Right now we can only remote play Xbox one and Xbox series games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
There is one thing I wanted to be fix is I have physical copy of FFVII Remake and upgrade to PS5 version but every fucking time put disk in my PS5 is trying re-download the PS4 version and I dont know how to fix that.

Last edited:
PS5 - more customizable UI that you can combine elements of ps3 and ps4 or whatever menu system you want. Arrange games into folders, sortable, etc

Little Mac

Gold Member
Xbox:
Xbox Series
Series X Digital at $399
... and more exclusives ffs

PS5: More games like Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Patapon, etc ... and for them to stop turning every one of their franchises into a gameplay variation of the TLOU.

Switch 2: A new Punch Out game and a more ergonomic control scheme ffs

Last edited:

Mythoclast

Haptic Trigger for the Xbox Controller. It's the only reason I bought COD for PS and not Xbox. It is a godsend for shooters.

saintjules

PS5
I’d like the ability to suspend multiple games at once. I’d love to have games like AEW or GT7 always suspended for quick play. Complete a match or race then jump back into Final Fantasy 7.

There was an insider rumor before launch where that would be a feature. Crickets since unfortunately.

Aside from that B/C would be ideal.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I love playing ps3 games so I would love backwards compatibility
Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Obligatory "more than one thing..."

PS5:
  • Backwards compatibility (digital and physical) with PS1, PS2, and PS3 games. That is the only reason I still have my PS3 around.
  • The ability to get rid of that stupid "spotlight" tab that's the default, apparently only on US consoles. Let me turn that shit off, or at the very least don't make me look at your dumb ads every time I turn the console on.
  • The ability to suspend multiple games like Xbox would be dope
  • I know why the limitation exists, but I wish there was a way to connect my DS4 controllers and use them to play PS5 games. I only have two controllers, and stupidly bought Overcooked on disc for my family to play but can't because I don't want to buy two more controllers. Ended up re-buying it on Xbox because I had a bunch of Xbox One controllers laying about.
  • Cloud saves should be free for everyone and not part of your subscription plan
Xbox:
  • Keep working on bringing new Xbox and Xbox 360 backwards compatible games to the system, along with new FPS boosts for One games that never got updated to X.
  • Online play should be free, or at the very least included with the basic Game Pass tier. Eliminate the awkward tiering you have now, where higher priced tiers don't include everything that the lower-price tiers do.
  • Moneyhat more 3rd party cross-platform games, specifically JRPGs, so that I can play games like Final Fantasy Rebirth or Granblue Fantasy Relink on Xbox. Lots of games this gen I was interested in, the decision of which platform to buy them on was made for me. Games like Atelier Ryza 3, The Legend of Heroes, Octopath Traveler 2, and Final Fantasy XVI I would have preferred to buy on Xbox / PlayAnywhere.

RickMasters

I want all arcade classics ported. Aside from that….. for what they are….. for what they cost….. I’m happy with them both….. and I don’t even own PS5 but seriously what do people expect for under 500 bucks? These machines are fine. I’d think I’d just like to see games come out in a more polished state at launch. And yeah…. I want waaaaaay more respect put on old game preservation.

Pimpbaa

PS5: a controller with much better battery life and a good d-pad (current one is way too stiff).

Xbox Series: Cheaper storage. 1TB expansion is still more expensive than a 2TB SSD that meets the recommended specs for PS5.

Picture in Picture. Xbox One did it unsuccessfully and patched it out but if I could play something and have a small window in the corner with Plex or whatever media app, I’d be set.

Top Bottom