• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you reading? (January 2011)

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
elwes said:
american-gods-315204.jpg

Loving it so far.

If you love American Gods, you can't have read more than 5 pages. By Gaiman standards, it's pretty damn mediocre, really.

Go read Good Omens instead :p

Doytch

Bunch of reading for class...
Finished Vladimir Nabokov's 'Despair.'
Reading Nabokov's 'The Gift' and Ivan Turgenev's 'Fathers and Sons.'

I thoroughly enjoyed Despair, and while I really was not feeling The Gift at the start, it really starts to become moving once you get in the head space of the protagonist and feel the style of the novel.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
demon said:
About to get from my dad and will spend an eternity reading, but will give it a shot no less:

lfPoR.jpg

His copies look pretty much identical and have been sitting on his bookshelf for as long as I can remember. He got it when he was 16, so I guess it's a family heirloom now.......which means I'll have to give it to one of my sisters' kids some day, lol [forever_alone.jpg]

A friend of mine just finished Churchill's The Second World War series. I've been thinking about giving it a try myself. The sample of The Gathering Storm on my Kindle was really good. That Churchill sure could write!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Kindle version of Vol. 2 of Churchill's WW2 history, Their Finest Hour, is 99 cents right now.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Guileless said:
The Kindle version of Vol. 2 of Churchill's WW2 history, Their Finest Hour, is 99 cents right now.

Sold!

Top Bottom