• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What dead game do you wish you could play again?

Shut0wen

Rainbow Six Vegas or GRAW at its peak. MGO2 (revived but has a small player base)
Jedi Knight II and Jedi Academy at their peak.
Rainbow six vegas online was so broken, literally hold down the button that changes your weapon to use as a no scope for a sniper and get instant kills

Matt_Fox

I'd like this to be available on Game Pass or PlayStation Plus. It was like a Lord Of The Rings themed Golden Axe, fun game!

ljZNDOx.jpeg

SHA

MAG or other jet games, ace combat is average compared to these, Aero Elite: Combat Academy, I also like a fps with real guns like Black.

The good days of quake, unreal and tribes, Lawbreakers, APB.
I don't know if gunbound and rakion are still alive, gunz too.
And now that is dead, I'm curious about that mobile ff7 battle royale.

Honorable mention for the crew

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Most unsurprising answer from me: Mario 35.

Honorable mention to that first month of Gears of War back in the day. Some of the most fun I’ve ever had in an online console game.

Last edited:
Reversi used to be built into windows complete with online play. I got really good at it and then it just went away one day along with all the other built in games.

Sethbacca

Other thing that popped into mind was action quake 2. It was the bomb in my youth.
I played the shit out of this for years from the early betas with just the mall type space I forget the name of (coventry village maybe?), all the way up until after Q3 came out. I miss it, the community was awesome.

Chupanibre

I played the shit out of this for years from the early betas with just the mall type space I forget the name of (coventry village maybe?), all the way up until after Q3 came out. I miss it, the community was awesome.
Stealth slippers + handcannon = hours of fun for everyone

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Return to Castle Wolfenstein was the most fun I ever had online. I'm not an online MP type guy at all, but I had a blast with that game, 20 years ago on Xbox. Of course, a lot of that was due to it being released while Xbox Live was in its infancy.

Weird, I came here to post Enemy Territory and saw this posted a second earlier. I'm sure it's still online with some custom servers or whatever, but a proper remaster and resurgence would be amazing. No servers with 500 mods installed full of players who've played non-stop for 20 years.

Basically most multiplayer games from the PS3 era as they were outstanding.

I'd say even older stuff like UT2004, but since it's been abandoned you can grab it and play it guilt free and there are still servers available. I was actually playing a bit of this on my lunch break today, so good.

I wish companies would look at those old school games and just make them again but prettier. How fucking hard is it? Although I say that and younger people won't buy them, they seem to only care about shit games these days which is no good.

Top Bottom