• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What dead game do you wish you could play again?

Sojiro

There a few I would love to revisit in their prime at their peakish player bases.

Enemy Territory Quake Wars - Still one of my favorite MP FPS games around, damn do I miss this one.

Final Fantasy XI - There are many private servers now, but this one would be more of stepping back in time and playing when everyone was still discovering the game and everything was still a mystery, fucking awesome times.

Unreal Tournament 2K4 - I was still playing a good bit of Halo PC and America's Army in ladder leagues so I didn't compete in many ladder leagues for UT2K4, but would love to go back and experience it at its prime. Assault was a new addition and was a lot of fun and it would be great to see full servers for it again.

Last edited:

Schmick

Ah man.... some of my favourite moments in multiplayer was playing BF1942 and BF2.

I'd also say CS:GO because Valve is being shit slow at releasing Team Deathmatch and cs_assult & cs_militia,

Kings Field

Evolve was my favorite MP game of all time and got undeserved hate. I wish it was still kicking yet. I know there’s a community that runs the game on PC and has tournies but I wish the actual game was alive and well.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
OSZS037.png

It's the one game I'd buy a PS5 for if it ever made a return in some form.

Evil Smurf King

Neo Member
Panzer Dragoon Zwei - I´ve been waiting for the remaster for ages now; didn´t like very much the first one and I prefer Zwei better than Orta;
Uncharted 2 Multiplayer - the coop was great!
SOCOM 2 and Twisted Metal Black - both classics, never played online, but everything screams that was great, as well.
Motorstorm Pacific Rift - good times on PS3.

sono

Same as always would have to be Killzone 2 and to a lesser extent Killzone 3. Wish Sony would just put out a quick port for PS5 and scrap Horizon. The games while flawed you could tell where made with passion and the soundtracks for both are among the greatest in gaming.

That is a great comment. They are made with great passion.
This opening sequence has to be amongst the most epic of any title. It still gives me goosebumps

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
None, but I wish I could have tried Quake 3 Arena and UT99 back in their heyday, never could since I didn't have internet and, well, I was 8 years old.

At least I got to play some Enemy Territory and TF2 later on. Good stuff.

Dzab

Phantasy Star Online. I really loved that game, especially when playing with a good group.

Final Fantasy XI or Phantasy Star Online.

To those listing Phantasy Star Online, there’s private servers you can hop into pretty easily.
I recommend going to Ephinea for PSO. There's over 150 players still online

True Combat Elite / Close Quarters it was insane back in the day.

It was this like COD / SWAT / Rainbow Six Siege mix. You could shoot through soft materials. It blew my mind when the game was still alive.

Tactical aiming was on point. 13 years ago or so.

It was free mod for Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Tired it a few years back because I randomly remembered it and I couldn't find a lobby.

I remember those good times I played it when I was young and lobbies were full. Glad I was a part of it!

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Not technically dead, but it would be great for Driveclub to still have its servers online. I'd have a reason to keep coming back to it to challenge people from my friends list on the leaderboards.

I also always wished for a sequel. It really sucks that Sony has ignored everything Evo Studios has learned from the first game (especially resolving the server problems) and didn't give them a second chance to deliver a much more polished successor.

Last edited:
I'm stunned ( in a good way) on how many people are listing mag. Didn't realize it was that popular, think that released a little before I joined gaf back in the day. Game had balance issues and jankyness but damn if it still wasn't fun as hell to play.

I would also say KZ2. To me, it's the best FPS online game I've ever played.

Top Bottom