• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want from Tarantino's next movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montresor

Tarantino's last three movies were massive in scale, approaching subjects in the realm of civil rights and racism, and were all styled after Western films.

Inglourious Basterds: An alternate-history of WW2, one in which Jews get revenge on Hitler and the Nazis (and one in which Jews almost single-handedly win the war by murdering the entire Nazi leadership, including Hitler himself, at a movie theatre). Mostly a revenge story (styled like a Western), with Jews (notably the Jewish-American Basterds and the Jewish-French Shosanna) avenging Nazi crimes against humanity.

Django Unchained: A story about a black slave (Django) that kills a myriad of white, racist, abusive slave owners. A mix between a revenge/rescue story (again, styled like a Western), with Django exacting revenge on white slave owners, and an equal focus on Django rescuing his wife.

The Hateful Eight: This movie is hard to describe. It takes place in the post-civil-war United States. Slavery is over. But racism isn't. Throughout the entire movie, there are racial tensions between pretty much every character. The movie's main plot-line revolves around a "Who did it?" mystery. The characters in the movie all huddle up inside a motel (a "haberdashery"). A woman named "Daisy Domergue" is in custody and en route to being hanged at the next town over. But for now Daisy, her captors, and several other people are snowed in at the haberdashery. The mystery is: Who at the haberdashery is in cahoots with Daisy? It's another Western-styled movie from Tarantino, with themes steeped in racism, but it's not about revenge. It's really all about unraveling the mystery at the haberdashery.

What is he going to do next? I wish he was a bit more prolific, because lately we're always waiting a minimum of 3 years for any of his movies. And it's hard to wait that long.

Zombine

Banned
He's doing a horror movie (apparently). I want it to pay homage to 70s slasher films and 70s exploitation films.

Kurdel

Banned
Someone should force him to do a Sci Fi movie.

Would go against the grain of his entire career, but I want to see it.

brau

A good movie?

If he decides to use the 70mm again, that he uses it to show landscapes instead of indoor.

It would be interesting to see if he does horror. It would be nice if it was more of a thriller tho, not a big fan of slasher movies.

Busty

Banned
He's doing a horror movie (apparently). I want it to pay homage to 70s slasher films and 70s exploitation films.

I always wondered what his Friday 13th pitch was like. Apparently he pitched New Line his take on Friday the 13th. The studio (before it was absorbed by Warners) thought they'd pulled off a major coup signing Tarantino only to have him completely deny that he ever wanted to do a Jason film when they put together a formal offer for him.

Cocainehellofadrug.gif

I would definitely like to see him do a horror film, although knowing how much he likes violence I wouldn't want it to just be a gore-fest.

Alternatively, I'd like to see him do a gritty sci-fi film, set on something like The Nostromo from Alien. Is there a sci-fi equivalent term for when a fantasy film is 'low-fantasy'?

I'd like a movie in modern times, focused on crime, like his first movies.

Maybe something about the challenges thieves face with technology.

Ricky_R

Something more dynamic that doesn't involve a group of people interacting in the same room throughout the entire movie.

Not saying I don't enjoy the concept since I liked Hateful Eight, but I would like something more in line with Inglorious Basterds in tone and variety.

That movie had it all.

I concur sci-fi or horror or a mix of the two

I'd love him to do a zombie film (especially because he admires George A Romero) but I really don't want a hammy Planet Terror type shit show

Whatever he wants. Heard he wants to stop after 10 movies. I hope he becomes more like Clint Eastwood, who just makes a shit-ton of stuff despite his age.

New genre, more focus. Django and Hateful had some real highs, but they were blatantly uneven. The latter had an amazing second half, but the first was pretty much a mystery plot without an actual mystery. And in Django, the tension that was supposed to come from the villain fell flat, because the motivations and plans felt unconvincing and not really thought-out.

squall23

Someone should force him to do a Sci Fi movie.

Would go against the grain of his entire career, but I want to see it.
Yeah, I want to see him do something out of his environment as well. Sci-Fi or maybe even his take on a superhero movie.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I do think he should get back to more domestic subjects, just because it's been awhile. No more samurai/spaghetti western stuff. I loved them.. but it's time to pivot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom