• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want from Tarantino's next movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
A Europe spanning spy epic set in the 40's-50's. Must be at least three hours long and contain no American actors. At least two car chase scenes and one suspense filled verbal duel. Also, lots of smoking.

I don't want Kill Bill 3, Vegas Brothers or yet another Western or Western-influenced film, especially if he really retires after two more movies.

I think one of those two should be a horror movie. He criticised Scream and It Follows, so let's see if he can back that up and make a better horror flick.

I don't agree with his comments about Scream at all, Wes Craven did a great job and I don't see how it could have been made better. It Follows could have been better though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm still waiting for Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair but it seems like he's never going to release that.

Moppeh

Banned
I was underwhelmed by both Django and H8ful, so I hope he doesn't do another western. I'd love for him to do a genre film he hasn't done yet, like scifi or horror.

Kill Bill 3. Let Vivian Foxes daughter revenge her mother. Let her kill the Bride. And let the final showdown exist between the brides daughter and Foxes daughter in Kill Bill 4.
Let Kill Bill 3 and 4 take inspiration from other genres too. Kill Bill 1 paid homage to old school kung fu movies, Kill Bill 2 to westerns, KB3 and KB4 might have a completely different tone.

It's a wonderful universe. It's the most Tarantino-esque world he has made.

To dial back the self-indulgent affectations and stylization and focus on a taught, emotionally driven narrative.

Less Hateful 8 and more Jackie Brown.

Apt101

I want to be surprised more than anything. His last two film I enjoyed, but they were very Tarantino and predictable.

iuxion

I didn't like The Hateful Eight. But I wonder how I would feel about it now given the current state of the country.

I just hope for some more fun, interesting characters.

Cepheus

He's doing a horror movie (apparently). I want it to pay homage to 70s slasher films and 70s exploitation films.

Death Proof, then...?

How many more Tarantino film are are we getting, 2 or 3?

Tarantino said in one of the Hateful Eight interviews that he's only going to make two more films, and he's definitely going to make Kill Bill Volume 3. But if neither of the next two films are Vol 3, he said he'll make a special case for Vol 3 and make it his eleventh and final film.

Call me weird, but I think a Tarantino Bollywood film would be interesting. And obviously the next chapter in the Kill Bill saga. I don't think he'd make a sci-fi film because he refuses to use CG for any of his projects and a sci-fi film with only practical effects probably wouldn't do too well nowadays.

Blader

I might be remembering wrong but I think he specifically said he *wasn't* doing a horror movie.

I think his next one will be a 70s gangster movie. He's talked before about wanting to tackle a 30s gangster genre pic, and do his own Bonnie and Clyde, but given he's apparently done a ton of research into 70s culture lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he took the gangster idea and moved it to a different era.

OrionX

Tarantino said in one of the Hateful Eight interviews that he's only going to make two more films, and he's definitely going to make Kill Bill Volume 3. But if neither of the next two films are Vol 3, he said he'll make a special case for Vol 3 and make it his eleventh and final film.

Wait for real?! Last I heard I thought he acted like it wasn't going to happen. Kill Bill's one of my all time favorites, damn I'd love it if that were true.

An elaborate revenge story that literally ends with Trump's (or some stand in) spectacular murder.

He's crazy enough to do it.

Cepheus

Wait for real?! Last I heard I thought he acted like it wasn't going to happen. Kill Bill's one of my all time favorites, damn I'd love it if that were true.

Yeah. Apparently he wants to do it, and Uma Thurman wants to do it, but they're just waiting for the right time to make it.

That was just 70s Aussie exploitation. I'm expecting something with more tones of The Town That Dreaded Sundown + Halloween + Texas Chainsaw Massacre

That would certainly be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom